Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Prestonburg
Coach Gayheart stepped down today
Any idea y
Hopefully the administration takes their time and hires the right person for the job, because they’ve got to get the community excited about sports at Prestonsburg again. I know a lot of kids have transferred out, but I also know a lot athletic kids are still roaming the halls at the high school, Adams and Allen. Just need stability and organization from the top to the bottom and it’s just not been there for a long time for the entire athletic department.

I know the situation isn’t great right now, but I still never thought I would see the day were Prestonsburg’s only wins in the three major sports for boys were coming against the smallest of schools in the area or the schools not known for much athletic success.
Who's the front runner for the job?
I'm hearing a lot of names are interested: Anyone know who has already applied?
EKB sports is reporting Brent Rose has been hired as boys basketball coach.
clipperw Wrote:EKB sports is reporting Brent Rose has been hired as boys basketball coach.

Can the principal at the elementary school be the head coach of the high school team?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I know Floyd County had a rule that Principals couldn't be head coaches, but I thought it was overturned a few years back, but I'm not for certain. I am guessing it was or Rose wouldn't have been hired, unless he was planning on leaving his Principal job for a central office job if that rule is still in place.
Sounds like Eastern KY politics at its best.
Sounds like Eastern KY politics at its best. You are exactly right. It is amazing that they are going to let an outside superintendent come into their community and put the final nail in the coffin. The people of Floyd County (Prestonsburg) are going to see first hand the damage that is about happen.
How many times can P-Burg get this wrong? For Gods sake please go outside Floyd County to find a head coach. You just lost the lions share of your talent to Paintsville because of politics and coaching I would think its time to think out of the box and actually get someone in there that has no ties to the city. I remember when that school was feared on the court and the grid iron, no its a freaking cautionary tale on how NOT to run an athletic program.
Hambley Wrote:How many times can P-Burg get this wrong? For Gods sake please go outside Floyd County to find a head coach. You just lost the lions share of your talent to Paintsville because of politics and coaching I would think its time to think out of the box and actually get someone in there that has no ties to the city. I remember when that school was feared on the court and the grid iron, no its a freaking cautionary tale on how NOT to run an athletic program.

Totally agree rose had several good teams while at blhs and couldnt win the big games. I wonder if he is doing this so he will be place to coach his son in a few years
Yep, This story is getting worse by the minute.