Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trump Doctrine
“The West” has been, since WW II, seen as a powerful block of nations, free trade, free speech, free people, champions of human rights, vehement opponents of tyranny and brutality and dictators across the globe. “Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL,” said Ronald Reagan. John F. Kennedy said that to oppose freedom, to attack freedom, is to be an enemy of the United States. The Bush Doctrine sought to sow the seeds of democracy in the Middle East.

IF Trumpian philosophy is exceptionalism and isolationism, IF “America First” turns out to be an abdication of servant leadership, then America will cease to be great. We are a great nation, have been a great nation, but those “IF’s” would compromise that greatness if sustained for long.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:“The West” has been, since WW II, seen as a powerful block of nations, free trade, free speech, free people, champions of human rights, vehement opponents of tyranny and brutality and dictators across the globe. “Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL,” said Ronald Reagan. John F. Kennedy said that to oppose freedom, to attack freedom, is to be an enemy of the United States. The Bush Doctrine sought to sow the seeds of democracy in the Middle East.

IF Trumpian philosophy is exceptionalism and isolationism, IF “America First” turns out to be an abdication of servant leadership, then America will cease to be great. We are a great nation, have been a great nation, but those “IF’s” would compromise that greatness if sustained for long.
We also fought two wars to free ourselves from the oppression of our (kings first) idiotic European ancestors too, simpleton...

If the Europeans are mad at Trump, then hallelujah, you know that Trump is doing something right!!

Go Big Don!!
See TRT? I told you he would be back with something even more stupid than the stupid one before.
Bob Seger Wrote:We also fought two wars to free ourselves from the oppression of our (kings first) idiotic European ancestors too, simpleton...

If the Europeans are mad at Trump, then hallelujah, you know that Trump is doing something right!!

Go Big Don!!

Dearest Archie....

Economies to scale, a factoring of actual trade imbalance as balanced against raw trade imbalance. Ah, but unto the Archies, the tweeting don doth throw the red meat. Chew on, O Great Beef Gnawing Echo, chew on, and call it macaroni.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:“The West” has been, since WW II, seen as a powerful block of nations, free trade, free speech, free people, champions of human rights, vehement opponents of tyranny and brutality and dictators across the globe. “Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL,” said Ronald Reagan. John F. Kennedy said that to oppose freedom, to attack freedom, is to be an enemy of the United States. The Bush Doctrine sought to sow the seeds of democracy in the Middle East.

How do you reconcile direct negotiations with North Korea for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and the courageous decision to move our Israeli embassy to Jerusalem with your assertion that Trump is an isolationist who is failing to provide global leadership?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:How do you reconcile direct negotiations with North Korea for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and the courageous decision to move our Israeli embassy to Jerusalem with your assertion that Trump is an isolationist who is failing to provide global leadership?

You are suggesting moving embassy to Jerusalem is global leadership? You are suggesting that listing Canada as a threat to national security is global leadership? If we are seeking to appease Vladimir Putin, ✔️.

I have previously stated that IF the denuclearization of Korean peninsula occurs, it is a huge feather in President Trump’s hat.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Dearest Archie....

Economies to scale, a factoring of actual trade imbalance as balanced against raw trade imbalance. Ah, but unto the Archies, the tweeting don doth throw the red meat. Chew on, O Great Beef Gnawing Echo, chew on, and call it macaroni.

Hey Meathead, first off, you don’t know jack shit about trade or trade imbalance to begin with.

Oh, I forgot you once worked in a mom and pop grocery store a couple of days. That is your equivalent to spending the night in a Holiday Inn Express one night, I guess.

I think we can even expand on the fact they you really don’t know jack shit about anything that you regularly spew out of your hind end.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey Meathead, first off, you don’t know jack shit about trade or trade imbalance to begin with.

Oh, I forgot you once worked in a mom and pop grocery store a couple of days. That is your equivalent to spending the night in a Holiday Inn Express one night, I guess.

I think we can even expand on the fact they you really don’t know jack shit about anything that you regularly spew out of your hind end.

Hey, Bob, speaking of spew, throwing Chinese company a lifeline while labeling Canada a threat to national security? Careful now, don’t overtax your crudity.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Hey, Bob, speaking of spew, throwing Chinese company a lifeline while labeling Canada a threat to national security? Careful now, don’t overtax your crudity.

Any crudity that I might spew is equally weighted against the stupidity that it is aimed at.

Right Gitback? Oh, once again I forgot that you don't know how to think on your own.

Bob Seger Wrote:See TRT? I told you he would be back with something even more stupid than the stupid one before.

You got that right Bob! He spends all his time iffing about President Trump, while giving Obama a complete pass. Obama colluded with Medvedev, as recorded in the 'hot mic' incident in which he was captured asking Putin to wait about doing anything until after the election when he could properly stick it to "the people" and they couldn't do anything about it. Obama colluded with Iran when gave them access to the US financial system and then lied like a dog about it.

But 'IF' frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their rear end so hard when they jump. Trump wants to be good neighbors with any nation that has enough honor and good sense so as to be trusted. But as usual Lowbrero's premise is ridiculous. Because Trump chose not to hurl insults across the Atlantic in the direction of Moscow, he got accused of being in bed with Putin. This in mind Sombrero accuses Trump of being isolationist. Right, that's why we're looking at the strong possibility of a summit with North Korea for the first time since the Korean War. No blame can be placed on JFK or Reagan for the nuclearization of North Korea. Now Clinton? yes. Bush? yes. Obama? unequivocally yes. But you're not going to catch Sombrero slamming his hero around about one thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]