Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Hills 20, Bath County 0
Same ole Johnny Poynter football. You cant run 4 plays and never throw the ball and EVER beat a team that is better than you. Bath will do well the rest of the season with a weak schedule but they will never go to the next level with the type of conservative offense.
Congrats to Western Hills
Wandale could have had 400 yards if they wanted him to. Penalties and turnover by Western Hills kept this from really being a route.
cajun Wrote:Wandale could have had 400 yards if they wanted him to. Penalties and turnover by Western Hills kept this from really being a route.

3 Bath County turnovers lead directly to 2 WH touchdowns. Robinson is as good as there is. He had 2 Wandale plays but other than that Bath County’s defense played well and made him earn his yards. You and I didn’t watch the same game but by your 1st post I am sure this will fall on deaf ears.
Fair enough on your point about BC defense they did do a good job containing him other than a couple of plays. My point was that it didn't seem like WH ran him that often but overall I get your point. I still stand by my first point however, that kind of offense will very seldom allow you to beat a team that is better than you and if you get down a couple of scores it's almost like your playing against yourself by running the clock out. BC has a great group of kids and a lot of talent...I just believe it's not being used like it should especially on offense.
Way to go Hills!
cajun Wrote:Fair enough on your point about BC defense they did do a good job containing him other than a couple of plays. My point was that it didn't seem like WH ran him that often but overall I get your point. I still stand by my first point however, that kind of offense will very seldom allow you to beat a team that is better than you and if you get down a couple of scores it's almost like your playing against yourself by running the clock out. BC has a great group of kids and a lot of talent...I just believe it's not being used like it should especially on offense.

If Bath County scores the 2 times they were inside the 10 its a tie game or they have the lead because it would take 1 score off the board for sure (pick 6) and probably 2 (Wandale scores on next play). Then that offense has the lead. That offense ran Powell off the hill last week and beat a very good Rowan team on the road. It will also beat several good teams the rest of the season.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:If Bath County scores the 2 times they were inside the 10 its a tie game or they have the lead because it would take 1 score off the board for sure (pick 6) and probably 2 (Wandale scores on next play). Then that offense has the lead. That offense ran Powell off the hill last week and beat a very good Rowan team on the road. It will also beat several good teams the rest of the season.

If is such a powerful word. None of that happened. Not exactly the same offence that they showed against Powell.
Way to go Western Hills!
cajun Wrote:Wandale could have had 400 yards if they wanted him to. Penalties and turnover by Western Hills kept this from really being a route.
They have enough routes.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:If Bath County scores the 2 times they were inside the 10 its a tie game or they have the lead because it would take 1 score off the board for sure (pick 6) and probably 2 (Wandale scores on next play). Then that offense has the lead. That offense ran Powell off the hill last week and beat a very good Rowan team on the road. It will also beat several good teams the rest of the season.

If.
Slingblade Wrote:If is such a powerful word. None of that happened. Not exactly the same offence that they showed against Powell.
Exactly right. I want some Frainch Fried Taters.
How does the number one athlete in America only let his offense put up 20? Not slamming, just curious as to how it went down
pjdoug Wrote:Exactly right. I want some Frainch Fried Taters.

I like mustard on mine, Confusednicker:
Hills offense is easy to key in in Robinson. He is not a 30 carry a game guy he cramps easily and is physical but gets his share of hits. If they want him late in the year they can’t worry about getting him 400 yds.
cajun Wrote:Same ole Johnny Poynter football. You cant run 4 plays and never throw the ball and EVER beat a team that is better than you. Bath will do well the rest of the season with a weak schedule but they will never go to the next level with the type of conservative offense.

In his career, Poynter has run, double wing, A11 and a true Tony Franklin spread, just to name a few.

He’s a great coach. Go on somewhere else with that lame critique.