Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Kindle
How many of you own an Amazon Kindle? What do you use it for? What are your thoughts of the device?
I have owned three Kindles. My first Kindle had a black and white display and could only be used for reading. It is still my primary reading device. The second Kindle that I bought was a Kindle Fire HD. I liked this Kindle a lot. It had a color display and could also be used for surfing the net. After a few years of use, the on\off button quit working, and the charging port simply wore out. So this past year, I purchased a new Kindle Fire HD. As soon as I took this Kindle out of the box, I began having second thoughts. It felt cheaply made, flimsy, and weighted far less than my last Kindle. After a few days use, my initial thoughts proved correct. Where as my last kindle was great to use when surfing the net, this Kindle kicks me off constantly. As a matter of fact, I tried posting this same post with that very Kindle, but I was kicked offline and had to retype everything on another device. I have given two other Kindles as gifts. I doubt I will ever buy another Kindle again.
The wife loves the original kindle that you only read on.

Amazon got ahead of themselves with the fire IMO.
I bought one for the hell of it for around 40 bucks on sale and its complete garbage compared to a galaxy tablet or ipad. But you get what you pay for in that case...
I've owned several Kindles from the original model to the Paperwhite. My Kindle Fire HDX tablet has been great, but I rarely use it. I prefer the Paperwhite for most reading and I prefer to browse the web on my laptop.
Bought the fiancé one with the paper white version screen and she absolutely loves it.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL