Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Your Go To Breakfast?
Unlike our other meals, when it comes to breakfast, humans are more likely to be creatures of habit because there are typically less options as a whole when compared to our other meals, and we are often in a rush to get to school\work. Because of this, we often relay on fewer choices. My question is two part. First, what do you typically eat as your first meal of the day? Secondly, when time, health, etc are not factors, what do you enjoy most for breakfast?
I typically skip breakfast or eat a carton of yogurt at work - but I like breakfast food. Some of my favorites are:

1. A Dutch Baby from the Original Pancake house, topped with fresh lemon juice, powdered sugar, and fresh strawberries. (A Dutch Baby is similar to a pancake, but it is loaded with eggs.)

2. Lox and bagel. I am usually not crazy about smoked salmon, but the combination of a bagel, smoked salmon, onions, and capers is pretty close to the perfect breakfast to me.

3. Biscuits, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs - and the gravy should be loaded with sausage.

4. Waffles topped with Kerry Gold butter and real maple syrup, with sausage and scrambled eggs on the side.

All of the above are preceded by a glass of orange juice and then accompanied by a cold glass of milk.
I usually have two scoops of Combat Powder, a Quest Bar, and 4 slices of toast with grape jelly. Occationally, I will have oatmeal with the Combat Powder or Vanilla Greek Yogurt with almond butter. In he past, my favorite was fried eggs over easy with cheese and sausage and toast. I also loved fried bologna or hotdogs and gravy. Those days are gone, unfortunately.
My grandchildren love a treat that I fix around Christmas time. I make a batter with eggs and eggnog and a little sugar. I use that to make French toast. They love it.
Dairy Queen’s country platter
Dairy Queen biscuit and gravy
HARDEES FRISCO
BOJANGLES CINNAMON BISCUIT

I don’t have the luxury of cooking in the morning myself anymore.
We're having a pot luck breakfast tomorrow morning at work. I was planning to fix a chorizo, cheddar, and jalepeno cornbread, but after making a few rounds through the store, I gave up on finding all of the ingredients. So, my coworkers will have to make do with some watermelon and mixed berries.

Now, I will have to figure out what to do with the ingredients that I did manage to find. Grocery shopping is not one of my strengths. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:We're having a pot luck breakfast tomorrow morning at work. I was planning to fix a chorizo, cheddar, and jalepeno cornbread, but after making a few rounds through the store, I gave up on finding all of the ingredients. So, my coworkers will have to make do with some watermelon and mixed berries.

Now, I will have to figure out what to do with the ingredients that I did manage to find. Grocery shopping is not one of my strengths. :biggrin:

I love fresh fruit and Greek yoghurt.
Westside Wrote:I love fresh fruit and Greek yoghurt.
Me too. My wife has been in Kentucky visiting our new grandson for a few weeks. In her absence, I have been eating Elvis sandwiches about every other meal - thin sliced toast, peanut butter, and sliced bananas with just a little honey drizzled on it. It's great for any meal and as a snack.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Me too. My wife has been in Kentucky visiting our new grandson for a few weeks. In her absence, I have been eating Elvis sandwiches about every other meal - thin sliced toast, peanut butter, and sliced bananas with just a little honey drizzled on it. It's great for any meal and as a snack.

I have never tried that before.
Coffee, cream & sugar, multi vitamin gummies...

When I cook for the family i have biscuits, scrambled eggs, and either goetta or spicy sausage patties for them.

On the go I'm a sucker for a #2 breakfast meal at McDonalds. Mrs. Spirit keeps Cracker Barrel in business for as much sausage gravy and biscuits she eats there!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
My work day starts at 6:45 am so its usually a breakfast sandwich from McDonalds, Hardee's or Steak & Shake with a Large Coffee!!!

My days off I like to make Biscuits, Gravy, sausage links, 2-3 eggs over easy and wash it down with a glass of cold 2% Milk

Once or twice a month I will have the Breakfast Buffet at Golden Corral, stop by Cracker Barrel or hit up Dairy Queen for the Country Platter with Sausage, 2 eggs over easy and gravy poured overtop of everything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sex

Then an omelette.
Bacon, eggs, and biscuits. That’s it.

Waffles if I’m at Waffle House only.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL