Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Extends Men's 3-point Line...
In the year of the 20-year anniversary, the NCAA men's basketball rules committee decided the line needed a makeover.

So, beginning with the 2008-09 season, assuming the measure is approved May 25 by the Playing Rules Oversight Committee, the line will move back a full foot to 20 feet, 9 inches. The committee chose, however, not to expand the size of the lane.

The change could dramatically affect post play, who takes and makes a 3-point shot and at what percentage, and possibly lead to an increase in mid-range shot attempts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2859065
I think that is crazy, they should have just left it alone
They should have left it alone or moved it back to the NBA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Yea they should have left it alone.
terrible move by the NCAA
I like it. I don't like the 3 point line at all anyways but these guys are too good for it to be as close as it is. A 1 foot move isn't going to hurt that bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I dig it. Will open up room for more post play, as the guards wont be so close to the big men on the block.
Should have left it alone.
dont see what it matters, most players shot from that far out ne ways lol.
Super_de Wrote:dont see what it matters, most players shot from that far out ne ways lol.

Except for the ones that don't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super_de Wrote:dont see what it matters, most players shot from that far out ne ways lol.
i agree they never shoot from the line they pull up 20 21 feet anyway.
Would you rather move the line back just a touch to prepare players for the NBA or leave it at the same distance that 6th graders fire from? I think moving it back is overdue and hopefully it will bring back the long lost art form of the mid-range jumper.
corndog23 Wrote:I dig it. Will open up room for more post play, as the guards wont be so close to the big men on the block.

i agree..
It needed moved back. It was too close. Hell, I watch 6th graders shoot from there.
It could be good for those who can shoot the 3 ball - the deep 3 ball. Those who cant pull from that far back will just have to start practicing more from that range.
i think they should leave it alone
Good shooters can shoot it from anywhere... it should give the players who think they can shoot but can't a nice dose of reality....
FreakNasty Wrote:Good shooters can shoot it from anywhere... it should give the players who think they can shoot but can't a nice dose of reality....
I completely agree.