Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys Sweet Sixteen Draw
Not a terribly hard region to go against for the 14th but then again the 14th has had very little success in this tournament through the years. Butler, J’Town & Bullitt Central top teams in the 6th.
In a perfect would I would have preferred UHA avoid Scott County (Assuming mOreno is back) until the finals but avoiding them, Trinity and Cov Cath until the semis is a good thing.

I like our chances at making it to Saturday if we can get out of region 2.
15th with another great draw🤟
My Final Four Predictions:
Campbell Co. vs. Trinity
Scott Co. vs UHA

Finals Prediction
Trinity vs. Scott Co.

Champion: Scott Co.
As a fan of South, I find this draw to be ok. Would have preferred to seen the 7th on the other side of the bracket. Trinity is playing great ball, but they will be challenged by Waggener in the regional tournament I suspect.

The eighth is hard to nail down. Could be Collins, Oldham, South Oldham, Simon Kenton or Walton Verona. OC is my darkhorse. John Hardin and GRC will be the other first round I believe
I don't see the RPI rankings? I don't see the details of how the re-seeding will work. Whats Julian up to?
Iam4thecats Wrote:I don't see the RPI rankings? I don't see the details of how the re-seeding will work. Whats Julian up to?

have you confused football with basketball or are you being sarcastic?
KYHoopsFan71 Wrote:As a fan of South, I find this draw to be ok. Would have preferred to seen the 7th on the other side of the bracket. Trinity is playing great ball, but they will be challenged by Waggener in the regional tournament I suspect.

The eighth is hard to nail down. Could be Collins, Oldham, South Oldham, Simon Kenton or Walton Verona. OC is my darkhorse. John Hardin and GRC will be the other first round I believe

You're right about the 8th, any of those teams could certainly win it. History says smart money would be on Collins or one of the Oldham schools though. Anderson County in 2009 is the only team outside of Shelby or Oldham County to win the 8th since 2005 when the Bullitt County schools and Scott County were still in the region. Simon Kenton has made the finals once or twice I believe, but Walton-Verona hasn't won a game in the regional tournament going back to at least 1998. It will be interesting to see if the schools from the north end of the region can finally break through.
I saw Collins at the KOB this year. They are pretty darn good.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:have you confused football with basketball or are you being sarcastic?

I'm being sarcastic
Iam4thecats Wrote:I'm being sarcastic

LOL. just making sure.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:I saw Collins at the KOB this year. They are pretty darn good.

They are. McKnight and Vail have to be one of the best guard combos in the state. They've had a few surprising losses as of late, most recently to a not so great Bullitt East team, but have still had a great year. They are very well coached and play a difficult schedule so there is no doubt they will be ready for the postseason. They are my personal favorite to win the 8th.
blue1424 Wrote:They are. McKnight and Vail have to be one of the best guard combos in the state. They've had a few surprising losses as of late, most recently to a not so great Bullitt East team, but have still had a great year. They are very well coached and play a difficult schedule so there is no doubt they will be ready for the postseason. They are my personal favorite to win the 8th.

Should be a fun tournament. The 8th region at Henry County is one of the best settings in Kentucky for a regional tournament.