Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 88 Estill County 72
Final from Campton.
Any stats on this game
Wolfe started 8-11 from 3. That will win you a lot of games lol. At one point, the teams combined for 6 made 3s and 7 rebounds. Wolfe had 5 3s to just 2 rebounds early on. Estill had chances to win late. Wolfe played unbelievable ball and only had a 9 point lead with about 4 minutes to go. Felt like they had a 25 point lead. Congrats to Wolfe.
The KHSAA website shows Wolfe with 4 players in double figures led by Jaz Johnson with 26 points and Wilgus Tolson with 22, Wolfe as a team hit 13-22 from the 3 point line (59%) with Johnson shooting 5/6 from deep. Wolfe does not have a very good record but I think they are a dangerous team in the tournament with the points they put on the board when shooting well, I don't think they can win the regional tournament but I think they could be a hard matchup on a given night. Estill County didn't enter any stats on the website.
Wolfe is young and improving as the season go on. It might not happen this year but if the Wolves figure out how to play team defense they will be as good as anyone in the region the next couple of years. They have played this whole season with basically
1-2 Jr’s
5-6 So’s
and a couple Fr. All of which can score the ball. With a young team it’s a learning process and when you don’t have any player leadership it slows the process down. Coming into this year only 2 kids Brewer & Johnson had ever played varsity. I look for Wolfe to be a top regional contender the next 2 years.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Wolfe is young and improving as the season go on. It might not happen this year but if the Wolves figure out how to play team defense they will be as good as anyone in the region the next couple of years. They have played this whole season with basically
1-2 Jr’s
5-6 So’s
and a couple Fr. All of which can score the ball. With a young team it’s a learning process and when you don’t have any player leadership it slows the process down. Coming into this year only 2 kids Brewer & Johnson had ever played varsity. I look for Wolfe to be a top regional contender the next 2 years.

Over the next two years Wolfe is going to be deep. Really deep. They have a strong chance to win the Region. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win it.
eky.sports.fan Wrote:The KHSAA website shows Wolfe with 4 players in double figures led by Jaz Johnson with 26 points and Wilgus Tolson with 22, Wolfe as a team hit 13-22 from the 3 point line (59%) with Johnson shooting 5/6 from deep. Wolfe does not have a very good record but I think they are a dangerous team in the tournament with the points they put on the board when shooting well, I don't think they can win the regional tournament but I think they could be a hard matchup on a given night. Estill County didn't enter any stats on the website.

If I’m not mistaken, Isnt Wilgus the kid that got his own “article” on Kentucky Sports Radio a few years ago with his MSHTV camp mixtape? I say that because I dont think Ive heard him mentioned since then.