Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 56 Hazard 55
The Horn picks up the big win
Good win Buckhorn. I don’t care what anyone says, Corey Hoskins should be in the mix for coy. Any details zaga Fan?
Some wild situations in the last 15 seconds. Crazy how it all played out.
Congrats to Buckhorn and Coach Hoskins huge win going into the tourney
I’m going to be very careful about making Predictions in the 14th. :HitWall:
Tailback44 Wrote:Good win Buckhorn. I don’t care what anyone says, Corey Hoskins should be in the mix for coy. Any details zaga Fan?

It was a close game from start to finish.

Buckhorn went man all night and played Hazard tough. Bowling went nuts and Griff is right about the last 15 seconds... It was wild.

Bowling cuts it to 55-54 with a 3 and Buckhorn gets a stop. Bowling drives it into the paint and Hazard gets a hand on it, forcing him to travel. 5.9 seconds left and Hazard throws it in. Buckhorn slapped it out of bounds and the time-keeper didn't start the clock. So Hazard throws it in again with 5.9 seconds and Hall and Bowling go after the ball with Hall getting called for the foul. Again, no one started the clock. So Bowling goes to the line and knocks the front and back end of the single-bonus. Hazard goes the length of the court and Napier barely misses a jumper at the buzzer.

This was my play-by-play debut on the radio and it was a wild one lol
Let me say the plays were bang-bang and we're talking tenths of a second. Not hating on the operator. I was just next to Hazard's bench and know that was a big thing they were upset about.

Honestly, it helped them the end because they had more time for the last play.
However, there was one point earlier in the quarter when the clock did not start and the fans were screaming for them to start the clock. Hazard was up. Approximately 15 seconds ticked off, so the 5.9 seconds to go would never have come into play--game would have been over.
That changes the way everything is played though. When Buckhorn needed a bucket, Napier or Bowling was there. Fletcher fouling out hurt the Bulldogs down the stretch. I think Bowling had a couple big offensive boards after he went to the bench.
Or the play where Logan hall got pushed out of bounds and they called him out of bounds but they should have called a foul. Sounds like buckhorn needs a clock keeper and the officials should have been watching better. And just an observation, if you don’t start the clock once you might have got caught up in the game but if you don’t start the clock the second time then something is up
Sorry for taking this off the rails with the clock stuff...

This was a TIGHT game throughout.
Buckhorn pulled out to an early lead, Hazard shot their way back into it, then Buckhorn hung in there until the end.

Hazard missed several key free throws as well.
[quote=zaga_fan]Sorry for taking this off the rails with the clock stuff...

This was a TIGHT game throughout.
Buckhorn pulled out to an early lead, Hazard shot their way back into it, then Buckhorn hung in there until the end.

Hazard missed several key free throws as well.[/QUOTE

Seen you sitting next to Harold tonight ;-)
basketballx2 Wrote:Seen you sitting next to Harold tonight ;-)

Me and Harold aren't built for that Buckhorn sideline lol
The 14th region tournament will be a wild one in Powell County , I predict couple of upsets in the first round of tournament, I think 2 "favorites" will advance out of first round, and 2 "underdogs" all to.
Hazard has to make free throws at the end of ball games if they want to do anything in the regional tourney! They have a chance to win the whole thing, if they will just hit the free ones.TongueirateSho
Patriot train Wrote:Hazard has to make free throws at the end of ball games if they want to do anything in the regional tourney! They have a chance to win the whole thing, if they will just hit the free ones.TongueirateSho

Completely agree.