Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County vs. Knox Central
I heard this game was canceled by Clay, why?
Flooding. Called school off at 12.
Hearing rumors both coaches wanting to call off game due to snow in Hawaii :HitWall:
Isn’t this the second game been called by Clay this year? First one was to many injuries and we can’t win, now this one because uhhhh better not, will be another loss before our big district game. Clay will never reach their full potential. Gray wanted no part of Knox at Knox. Flooding what about. Seems like most other teams played didn’t they? Players feed off their coach, well the coach tonight made a big statement to his players tonight and it wasn’t a good one.
Knox offered to go to Clay. Clay didn’t want any part of it.
I’m not trying to say the Tigers wanted Knox by any means but what are the rules on complete cancellations of after school activities? I know all events were cancelled at every level throughout the county. Practices, Games, etc.
Traveling coach makes the call. Look at the situation. It rained a lot. It is a joke and a horrible message to the team. I think by now the players smell fear from their leader. Terrible going into post season. I hate it for the players. Definitely not a coach Keith mentality. Pretty much every team in the area played their game. I bet he would like to cancel the game against a much weaker team, north, come next week, but he won’t have a way to get out of that one. 😬
Knox County is prone to flooding over certain roads but Clay County could have taken the long way (I-75) and this game probably could have been played but safety first.
I heard that Clay had a starter hurt his knee in the Red Bird game and was getting checked out Monday. Not sure what the results cam back.....but if I was guessing...Clay cancelled because of injuries and didn't want another potential lose.