Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dale JR. to Michael Waltrip Racing in '08?
Just heard on the Speed Channell that Jr was possibly eying MWR to drive for in'08. Speed reporter Bob Roberts reported that JR was thinkin about going to the struggling Toyota team Quote. "So maybe I could have some weekends off during the season"
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

I heard this on another site and had to post it on here it just to funny. It is a joke by the way.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Just heard on the Speed Channell that Jr was possibly eying MWR to drive for in'08. Speed reporter Bob Roberts reported that JR was thinkin about going to the struggling Toyota team Quote. "So maybe I could have some weekends off during the season"
:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

I heard this on another site and had to post it on here it just to funny. It is a joke by the way.
good one.
Jr may talk slow but he ain't stupid, lol.
I hope this is only a joke. It would be a sad and dreary day when he goes to drive for Michael Waltrip.
lol, thats funny right there...Junior in a Toyota. Driving for Michael Waltrip. Those are two of the biggest oxymorons in sports..Im not a huge Junior fan, but I respect him enough not to want to see him jump in a Toyota (and ruin his career). That and his daddy would roll over in his grave. Im glad that was a joke. When I read that I was like, WTF???? lol
Yes, it's a joke.

Hearing at work that he will probably be driving either an as-yet-unnumbered Wink fourth RCR car or Hendrick's 5 car next year.
I hope he doesnt join Hendrick either, if so, I will definitely lose respect for him. I just cant help but hate the whole Hendrick team, besides Mears. Im already not as big a fan of Jr's as I used to be, this will just put me over the edge if he joins Hendrick.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Yes, it's a joke.

Hearing at work that he will probably be driving either an as-yet-unnumbered Wink fourth RCR car or Hendrick's 5 car next year.
Jr will be in the 3 at RCR next year. Hendrick has already publicly said he is set with all his drivers.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Jr will be in the 3 at RCR next year. Hendrick has already publicly said he is set with all his drivers.

Nobody lies like a NASCAR team owner. Wink

The Bud sponsorship value far and away buries the money that Hendrick is getting from two sponsors (Kellogg's and Carquest) this year, and Kyle is ... um ... I'd call him a brat but that would be demeaning to brats. Smile

Before you take what Hendrick said as gospel, you may wish to consider this analysis by Jenna Fryer of the AP; it was written prior to the World 600, where Casey Mears got a win that should keep him in the 25 until at least the end of 2008.

Here's the salient points to consider when it comes to Kyle Busch's future at Hendrick:

Quote:But the 22-year-old has made three significant missteps this season that raise questions if the talent is worth the headaches.

Consider:

• After winning the first Car of Tomorrow race at Bristol in March, Busch came off as a spoiled brat when he ripped the car and repeatedly said it "sucked" during his nationally televised Victory Lane interview. When Busch continued the rant in his post-race news conference, Hendrick sat silently next to him, lips pursed and clearly uncomfortable.

• Busch left the track without telling his crew after wrecking in Texas last month. When the team patched up the car to get back on the track for valuable points, Busch was nowhere to be found and they grabbed Earnhardt _ of all people! _ to finish out the race.

• He wrecked his older brother, Kurt, in Saturday night's All-Star race, then gave Kurt the opportunity to be the model of decorum. While Kyle stewed inside his hauler after the accident, Kurt gave a somewhat humorous interview and delivered the line of the race when he said, "I'm not eating any Kellogg's any time soon," in reference to Kyle's sponsor.

The incident spoke volumes to how far Kurt Busch has come. Always a bit quirky, he's made significant strides since joining Penske Racing last season. When he's not trying so hard to be liked, or butchering the English language in an attempt to sound smart, Kurt Busch can be kind of cool.

Kyle Busch? Not so much.

When he first was signed by Hendrick to drive the No. 5 Chevrolet, Kyle Busch vowed to use everything he'd seen his brother struggle through as a lesson on what not to do. He's instead done just the opposite.

He comes off as arrogant and entitled, and veterans repeatedly gripe Busch never wants to listen to their advice. Two-time champion Tony Stewart felt like he was talking to a wall when he tried to counsel Busch after their 2006 tangles.

And after Busch and Mears had issues last season, Busch immaturely said he didn't know how to get in touch with Mears to discuss it. Never mind that these guys live inches apart in the motorhome lot 38 weekends a year.

I could easily see a situation where Kyle Busch gets shipped off (with his sponsors) to Ginn Motorsports while Junior slots into the 5.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Nobody lies like a NASCAR team owner. Wink

The Bud sponsorship value far and away buries the money that Hendrick is getting from two sponsors (Kellogg's and Carquest) this year, and Kyle is ... um ... I'd call him a brat but that would be demeaning to brats. Smile

Before you take what Hendrick said as gospel, you may wish to consider this analysis by Jenna Fryer of the AP; it was written prior to the World 600, where Casey Mears got a win that should keep him in the 25 until at least the end of 2008.

Here's the salient points to consider when it comes to Kyle Busch's future at Hendrick:

I could easily see a situation where Kyle Busch gets shipped off (with his sponsors) to Ginn Motorsports while Junior slots into the 5.
I see what youre saying and that could very well happen. I understand that NASCAR owners arent to be believed but forgive me if I dont put much faith in Jenna Fryer either. I have sirius radio and every time I turn on the radio and shes on there. All I get to hear about is Juan Pablo Montoya. Not that I have anything against the guy I think hes gonna be a dandy in this sport. But Jenna just wont shut up about the guy. I seriously thought she had taken a job as his publicist. LOL! But the biggest beef I have with Jenna is that interview she did with ESPN for JRs Sportscentury show in which she basically said that JR was only a good a plate track racer and wasnt any good on the short tracks. Which she made herself look like an idiot considering JR has 3 wins at richmond, consistenly runs well at Martinsville, Won the night race at bristol and actually has a higher average finish at Bristol than he does at Talladega. If thats not being any good at short tracks I wish I was that "Bad" at them.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I see what youre saying and that could very well happen. I understand that NASCAR owners arent to be believed but forgive me if I dont put much faith in Jenna Fryer either.

Jenna's probably the hardest worker in the NASCAR tracks' press rooms; she's really blossomed since the AP made her a fulltime beat writer instead of splitting duties covering stick-and-ball sports and NASCAR out of the Charlotte bureau. I daresay she wouldn't have written that analysis if she didn't have some good sources backing it up.

(We won't go into the ethics of a beat reporter having to write things like that; it's a very good analysis but probably cost Jenna some goodwill with the Busches and Hendricks. But that's what the AP's executive sports editor wants Jenna to do, I guess. Just another Terry Taylor edict I'm none too fond of. Smile )