Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budweiser to Kahne...Mountain Dew to Junior?
Budweiser officials are shopping around for their best sponsorship option in NASCAR, a clear indication that the beer company will not sponsor Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Hendrick Motorsports next season. It's expected that PepsiCo Inc., possibly with the Mountain Dew brand or a combination of Pepsi products, will sponsor Earnhardt next season in the #5 Chevy [or possibly the #8] for Hendrick. And Anheuser-Busch is negotiating with Evernham Motorsports to possibly move the Bud sponsorship to Kasey Kahne's #9 Dodge next season.

http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news5
That's a bunch of bull sh*t...
Redneck Wrote:That's a bunch of bull sh*t...

Spoken like a true redneck Junior fan that can't come to terms with Junior growing up in the sport and wanting to win and shed his "party" perception.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Spoken like a true redneck Junior fan that can't come to terms with Junior growing up in the sport and wanting to win and shed his "party" perception.

What the hell are you talkin about... I was sayin Bud not followin Jr was bs, not him goin to Hendricks.
I think they should give Budweiser to Ward, lol...GO WARD!!, by God.
I was so for sure that they was going to put mayfield in that 8 car! I mean really, can anyone else name a better fit? LMAO! GO JEREMY!!! GO #36 360 OTC !!!!!
Budweiser is making a huge mistake if they don"t sign Junior, i mean Kasey Kahne why not Kyle Petty no market ability with anybody but JR.
Redneck Wrote:What the hell are you talkin about... I was sayin Bud not followin Jr was bs, not him goin to Hendricks.

This is what I'm talking about...Maybe Junior is doing himself a favor by becoming more appealing to a broader audience with PepsiCo instead of hanging around the bar with Budweiser. I don't think it's a question about Bud not following Junior because I don't think a company like Anheuser-Busch wants to lose a spokesmen like Junior. Just maybe, PepsiCo is giving Hendricks a better deal than Bud? Ever think about that? Do you really think they are wanting Kasey Kahne by choice next season?
Nobody is going to look at Dale Jr as a partier just because of his sponsor...Bud is his image along with the #8. I think if he can he should keep both.
I don't care where Jr. goes or who he drives for or how long he drives there or what sponsor he has. His image will always be looked at as Dale's son meaning, a roughneck, old school, beer drinking by God American! Now you can say he is maturing by being committed to winning or whatever, but I am sure a little thing we call MONEY played somewhat of a role even though he has more than he needs! Pepsi is the largest beverage/snack company in the world, so they will dish out. I do think that alot of Jr. fans think that this was a slap in the face considering how much money they have spent on merchandise and Budweiser offering to resign but Jr. shooting them down for another offer. And then of course teaming with Jeff Gordon...Dale Sr's. nemesis. I am not a Jr. fan but do see what you Jr. fans are talking about. IMO, I think Jr. didn't even look at anyone's perspective but his own..So Be It.....I say.....GO JEREMY MAYFIELD, LOL!!!!