Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couch Comeback?...Tim Couch Signs with Jax
Tim Couch has signed a 2-year contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars. The deal was struck Sunday afternoon following Couch's workout for the Jags, sources told our Drew Deener. No terms were yet available. In Jacksonville, Couch will be competing with Quinn Gray for the third string QB spot. Gray is currently sidelined with an injury. Couch recently told 27 Sportsfirst that he has increased his body weight from 225 to 245 pounds and dropped his body fat to 5%, down from 13% when he last played.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/8796872.html

I personally never thought I'd see this, but Tim Couch has apparently shown scouts that he something to offer and may revive his NFL career. It may be 3rd string, but it's a start. All I can say is good luck and hopefully things will be different this time around for East Kentucky's favorite son...
And this was his first tryout and LIKE I SAID, He said he was as good right now as he has ever been and Del Rio jumped all over him! So for all of you guys who said nothing but negative things...SSSHHHHH!!!!! Congrats Tim, talk to ya tomorrow!
250 pounds and 5% body fat...jeesh, all he's been doing is hitting the weight room.
Go get em Timmy!
Good luck, Tim!
Can't wait to spend Sundays in Jacksonville! Sure beats the weather in Cleveland, lol!
Don't see much of an opportunity behind Leftwich and Garrard, but hey, it's a start. I hope he does well enough in camp that this will just be the beginning of his comeback.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think this will be a good place to make a comeback for him Congrats Tim
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Best news I have heard in a while he got done crappy by the fans and everyone pretty much in Cleveland hope he gets some playing time. Can't wait to see him play again.
245 and 5% body fat?? Move that guy to Middle Linebacker
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:250 pounds and 5% body fat...jeesh, all he's been doing is hitting the weight room.
I saw an interview on WYMT they showed a few days ago, and he said he's been doing a lot of the strong man stuff, like tire lifts and that sort of thing. This is great news. I was a fan of his while he was with Cleveland. I thought no one really saw the real Tim Couch because he never had a halfway decent offensive line to block for him and he was always scrambling for his life. I hope this is something that revives his career. Congrats, Tim. Good luck!!!!
At least he did not have to start a different career like he said he would if nothing happened. I hope that this is his break that he has been waiting for.
good luck to Couch he will be starting before the year is over he could throw left handed and be better than Leftwich you're my boy blue.
rallo316 Wrote:good luck to Couch he will be starting before the year is over he could throw left handed and be better than Leftwich you're my boy blue.
I don't know about that. Couch hasn't played a game since the 2004 pre-season, and IDK if you've noticed or not, but Leftwich is pretty good.Smile
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I don't know about that. Couch hasn't played a game since the 2004 pre-season, and IDK if you've noticed or not, but Leftwich is pretty good.Smile

Yeah, but he's not durable, he won't play a whole season, and at some point this year, Couch will be on the field, starting. I can't wait, I was always a fan of his, glad he is getting a shot, and he won't be taking many hard shots with a 245 frame, he's built like Tim Tebow is.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Yeah, but he's not durable, he won't play a whole season, and at some point this year, Couch will be on the field, starting. I can't wait, I was always a fan of his, glad he is getting a shot, and he won't be taking many hard shots with a 245 frame, he's built like Tim Tebow is.

He has to make the team first...
jammin' jamey Wrote:He has to make the team first...

I'm sure if this was his first tryout and the Jags picked him up, he'll be on the team.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:I'm sure if this was his first tryout and the Jags picked him up, he'll be on the team.

His first tryout this year. He has auditioned for 6 teams in 2 years without a single callback. Yes, he has apparently turned the corner with this elbow though.

I think he makes the roster as a 3rd stringer because he'll save Jax about $700,000 in salary by cutting Quinn Gray, who's making $1 million plus and has never climbed the depth chart. Plus, he has to stay healthy during the preseason. He's not a financial risk for Jax or any other team needing backup help at QB.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I don't know about that. Couch hasn't played a game since the 2004 pre-season, and IDK if you've noticed or not, but Leftwich is pretty good.Smile

I agree, I think Leftwich doesn't get enough credit. However, I have never been impressed with David Garrard, and I think Couch could potentially beat him out for the backup spot, but it's still most likely that he is the 3rd string QB.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Im glad to see Tim getting another shot. IMO there are alot of QBs in the league that arent as good as him that keep getting chance after chance with team after team. I lived in northern ohio when Tim played for the browns and I watched some of the beatings he took both from the fans and media as well as opposing linebackers. Now that he is healed and out of the football toilet bowl known as cleveland ohio maybe he still yet can showcase his talents. One good thing about him being with the Jags now is that he isnt in the same division with my Steelers so I dont have to root against him twice a year. LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Im glad to see Tim getting another shot. IMO there are alot of QBs in the league that arent as good as him that keep getting chance after chance with team after team. I lived in northern ohio when Tim played for the browns and I watched some of the beatings he took both from the fans and media as well as opposing linebackers. Now that he is healed and out of the football toilet bowl known as cleveland ohio maybe he still yet can showcase his talents. One good thing about him being with the Jags now is that he isnt in the same division with my Steelers so I dont have to root against him twice a year. LOL!
At least they don't play football in a ketchup bottle!
hey now Pun, I like you and all, but that was completely uncalled for, lol..we Steeler fans happen to love our ketchup bottleBig Grin
bigpun Wrote:At least they don't play football in a ketchup bottle!
congrats to Tim, hopefully he'll make the team and then work his way up from there. I like Jax, I think they are one of the most fundamentally sound teams in football, and are one of the most well coached. I'd love to see Tim starting there, or somewhere. This is great news for anybody who's watched Leslie County and/or UK through the 90s and watched him get crushed in Cleveland without really getting any o-line help or a running game. Jacksonville has both. And he'll do very very well without the pressure of having to make plays by himself.
i have never been impressed with Leftwich or Garrad either so give to TIMMY COUCH you
i have never been impressed with Leftwich or Garrad either so give to TIMMY COUCH you the man.
bigpun Wrote:At least they don't play football in a ketchup bottle!
OOOOO snappy comeback pun. Did you hurt yourself comin up with that one?LOL!!!