Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin Garnett a Celtic
ESPN is reporting that the trade rumors that started in June are now a reality. According to ESPN Boston will get Garnett while Minnesota will receive Theo Ratliff, Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, and Ryan Gomes, while also receiving two future first round picks.

What does everyone think of this trade? Will KG along with Recently acquired Ray Allen make Boston a contender? Was this a fair trade for both teams?
If this trade goes down, the C's will be a contender in the east...There are question marks though such as Rajon Rondo as starting point guard and Kendrick Perkins at center...Too much youth at those positions, especially in the middle. The C's will have to add a veteran rebounder/shot blocker to fill that role - someone like Theo Ratliff, who they are trading away.
Minnesota will be getting a good bargain to with all of the young talent they will acquire.
jammin' jamey Wrote:If this trade goes down, the C's will be a contender in the east...There are question marks though such as Rajon Rondo as starting point guard and Kendrick Perkins at center...Too much youth at those positions, especially in the middle. The C's will have to add a veteran rebounder/shot blocker to fill that role - someone like Theo Ratliff, who they are trading away.

I saw on ESPN that they may sign PJ Brown and Brevin Knight to give those positions you mentioned some experience and some depth JJ.

Trade is now offical, Garnett also signs 3 year extension with Boston. I think the Celtics will win the east this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2956103
clipperw Wrote:I saw on ESPN that they may sign PJ Brown and Brevin Knight to give those positions you mentioned some experience and some depth JJ.

Trade is now offical, Garnett also signs 3 year extension with Boston. I think the Celtics will win the east this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2956103

As a longtime Celtic fan, I'm excited about Garnett...I even broke out my smelly old Celtics shirt from the closet that my wife hates today...But I'm not a fool. Rondo and Perkins are key players off the bench. They must add players at PG and C who are defensive minded for the C's to have a legitimate shot at winning the NBA title. Allen and Pierce play no D period. Garnett is the only player in league history to win the MVP award and never appear in the NBA Finals...Defense and if this group can develop chemistry will dictate how far this team goes next year.
has steve nash ever been in the NBA finals? I can't remember.
and IMO, Ray Allen, Pierce, Garnett=instant contenders.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:has steve nash ever been in the NBA finals? I can't remember.
and IMO, Ray Allen, Pierce, Garnett=instant contenders.

Nash reached the finals just two years ago with the Dallas Mavericks.
Steve Nash wasnt with Dallas when they made the finals in 2006, he left Dallas in 2004.
clipperw Wrote:Steve Nash wasnt with Dallas when they made the finals in 2006, he left Dallas in 2004.

I was wrong? Smile

You're right...I'm having a bad day...:yikes:
I am usually not interested i the NBA but this trade caught my attention. Now my roommate will stop complaining about how bad his poor little celtics are. lol
They still don't scare me, my bulls will handle them easily. With the lack of defense and inconsistency from the PG spot..I'm not worried. But they have now also signed James Posey.
yeah
The Celtics will be good next season if they get Garnett