Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter 50 Shelby Valley 12
Comets are the district champs. Tough team. Sucks that Meade was banged up, he’s tough, but the Comets had beat them with him fully healthy too.
Shelby Valley was up 12-0 at the end of the first quarter and the comets went on to score 50 unanswered.
Wow...congratulations to West Carter. It’s good to see a team that has had very little football success reach new heights. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Barker, their coach, and he must really be the real deal as he has their program headed in the right direction. I hope the Comets can keep rolling and get a state semi game.
WestCarterComet Wrote:Shelby Valley was up 12-0 at the end of the first quarter and the comets went on to score 50 unanswered.
Wow Congrats West Carter Comets!! Who you got next week.
T-CATS Wrote:Wow Congrats West Carter Comets!! Who you got next week.

West Carter heads to Beechwood next week
Congrats To Comets.
Year in and year out Shelby Valley comes into the playoffs with a big record and they always exit early. Will they ever upgrade their schedule to prepare them for the playoffs?
Good luck at Beechwood next week Comets
Is this first time that West Carter has made it to the third round? Have they won a playoff game before this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Year in and year out Shelby Valley comes into the playoffs with a big record and they always exit early. Will they ever upgrade their schedule to prepare them for the playoffs?

Probably not.
Jarons Wrote:Is this first time that West Carter has made it to the third round? Have they won a playoff game before this year?

West Carter won their 1st round game in 2015 and lost in the 2nd round. Prior to this season that was the only playoff win the Comets had. This is their first appearance in the 3rd round.
nekysportsfan Wrote:Wow...congratulations to West Carter. It’s good to see a team that has had very little football success reach new heights. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Barker, their coach, and he must really be the real deal as he has their program headed in the right direction. I hope the Comets can keep rolling and get a state semi game.
They are well coached. Not only the HC. The guys that are up too for WC do a very good job of seeing things in the field. Their in game adjustments are very good. Their defense is very disciplined. If you are gonna beat WC you better be able to put athlete them because they are very well coached.
WestCarterComet Wrote:West Carter won their 1st round game in 2015 and lost in the 2nd round. Prior to this season that was the only playoff win the Comets had. This is their first appearance in the 3rd round.

Congratulations!!! West Carter has come a long way since I lived in the area. Enjoy the ride.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]