3. Hazard
4. Letcher County Central
5. Knott County Central
6. Leslie County
7. Riverside Christian
8. Perry County Central
9. Buckhorn
10. Estill County
I think Owsley Wolfe could be either one at #1 Wolfe’s 3 losses were against some top rank teams 2 in Tennessee the other being Danville by a last sec free throw . I know Owsley has played a tough schedule it will be a very interesting game when these 2 meet up in January I’m sure both teams have learned from their losses haven’t seen Owsley play this year but they are always tough Wolfe doesn’t give up they play hard to the end. No matter who wins I think they are the top 2 teams in region not taking anything away from any of the other teams they all have a bad game now and then. Think Letcher should be above Hazard
Also think Knott should be above hazard
Would like to see Wolfe Co play Knott Letcher some in the future
Letcher
Knott
Hazard
Owsley
Leslie
Guess we all have our pics
I haven't seen Wolfe play, but they haven't played any of the good teams in the region and only beat Powell by one. I think it will be Letcher and Knott at the end, but you never know.
This is a fluid ranking. It changes based on weekly play. It doesn’t reflect who I think are most likely to win at the end of the season.
I saw Owsley last week. They didn't look like a No. 1 team to me.
How does Riverside get in the top 10? Didn't they lose by 30 to Buckhorn?
historian Wrote:this is a fluid ranking. It changes based on weekly play. It doesn’t reflect who i think are most likely to win at the end of the season.

😂
Yea I have to change my mind on them also after seeing them against breathitt haven’t seen Knott or hazard or even Leslie have seen Letcher when they played Powell didn’t impress me Powell played very poorly that night but played their best when they played Wolfe but Wolfe played very badly that night Wolfe played Danville and had the chance to win but lost on a last sec foul but then Danville beat hazard by 17 or 19 so hard to judge them they will all have a bad night at times and even get beat by a bad team that’s having a great night but I still think Wolfe is at least tied with no more than two others for top spot in region after the all A will tell us more about all of them I know Knott and Letcher don’t play in it but they have played Leslie and hazard
HCS Wrote:I saw Owsley last week. They didn't look like a No. 1 team to me.

If you’re referring to the two games at the Leslie tournament vs Harlan Co and East Ridge, Owsley was playing that day without their starting center. They aren’t too big to begin with and when Amelia Murray isn’t in the line up it makes it a tougher game all around.
Wolves fan Wrote:Yea I have to change my mind on them also after seeing them against breathitt haven’t seen Knott or hazard or even Leslie have seen Letcher when they played Powell didn’t impress me Powell played very poorly that night but played their best when they played Wolfe but Wolfe played very badly that night Wolfe played Danville and had the chance to win but lost on a last sec foul but then Danville beat hazard by 17 or 19 so hard to judge them they will all have a bad night at times and even get beat by a bad team that’s having a great night but I still think Wolfe is at least tied with no more than two others for top spot in region after the all A will tell us more about all of them I know Knott and Letcher don’t play in it but they have played Leslie and hazard

So you’re insinuating that Wolfe is a lot better than Owsley. They may be, I don’t know. But I know Owsley has played a pretty tough schedule so far, with an 8 point loss at Knott, 3 point loss at Jackson Co, 13 point loss to Harlan Co at Leslie’s tournament in a game that was 6 points late in the 4th and playing without their center, and a 13 point loss in Tennessee to a one loss Russell Co team. And a 4 point win over Leslie in the Hyden tournament. They’re at 8-4 right now.

I suppose we will see next Monday in the All A. However, Wolfe does have an advantage where they drew the home court ....but Owsley’s December schedule has been all road games except 2 and hopefully that experience will help them win in this first round tournament game.
I’m not saying Owsley is not good just said they did not impress me in the breathitt game just like Wolfe did not in their Powell game you know sometimes when you play a bad team you also play bad and it’s how you match up against the other team you can be the best and not match up good and loose but I will take Wolfe by 10 and not trying to take anything away from Owsley just my honest opinion
Wolves fan Wrote:I’m not saying Owsley is not good just said they did not impress me in the breathitt game just like Wolfe did not in their Powell game you know sometimes when you play a bad team you also play bad and it’s how you match up against the other team you can be the best and not match up good and loose but I will take Wolfe by 10 and not trying to take anything away from Owsley just my honest opinion
Wolfe has talent. Smith is very good. I was very impressed with them last year. However, it’s kind of difficult to judge them this year with the schedule they’ve played so far. I know the 1 point Danville game has been mentioned but you and I both know that a home game vs an outside the region team is a huge advantage for the home team. Not saying that’s why it was a 1 point game but in your opinion what would the final score of that game have been if it had been played in the 12th region at Danville? And Wolfe graduated two girls that were very beneficial to them in their games with Owsley last year, Stamper and I think the other girl’s name was Gross. I don’t know who has replaced them but they were good rebounding and hit quite a few 3s against Owsley in the All A Semifinals at Jackson.

Owsley is not talentless. They have good players and experience. Lynch, Murray, Johnson and Herald have been starters since their 8th grade years and they’re now juniors. Carly Smith is an 8th grader but plays at a level beyond her years.

I was at the Breathitt game too. Owsley didn’t have the greatest game but enough to win by 25 in the end. Lynch didn’t play for about a quarter due to fouls. They tried to force quite a few passes that didn’t work and played mostly a man defense for the biggest part of the game. In most games they mix their defenses up more. I’m sure they will not use the same game plan vs Wolfe in the All A in Campton as they did vs Breathitt at Jackson in a regular season game.
Owsley does have some good guards their a good team they can hit the 3 just don’t know if they can score inside against breathitt they had about all run outs their fast I’ll give them that they are in the top 6 teams the other 10 are far behind this year there’s usually 8-10 teams in the 14th that could win on a given night but now almost all teams lost some really good players last year just think it will be a repeat of last year between the two these girls have been playing against each other since grade school it’s went back and forth from year to year now if the Creech girl plays it could be a different game she was always a good rebounder
I agree. It should be a very good game. Two good teams and well coached.
In my opinion Smith of Wolfe and Lynch of Owsley are two of the top players in the region, both very capable of playing at the next level.
Wolves fan Wrote:I’m not saying Owsley is not good just said they did not impress me in the breathitt game just like Wolfe did not in their Powell game you know sometimes when you play a bad team you also play bad and it’s how you match up against the other team you can be the best and not match up good and loose but I will take Wolfe by 10 and not trying to take anything away from Owsley just my honest opinion
So neither Owsley nor Wolfe impressed you because Breathitt and Powell are bad teams?
Just in those games I have watched Wolfe enough to know they are a good team that’s the only one I’ve seen Owsley play
Guys I’m not trying to put any of the teams down it’s to early in the season breathitt and Powell are struggling but by the end of the season Powell could be a contender in their district and if breathitt could get in shape to run the floor who knows what they could do