Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell vs. Knott Central
Does anyone have any stats or info on this scrimmage, all i know is it was tonight and it was in the middle of hindman. thats all i know. can any one help????????
KCC won 10-8...Both teams cough'd over the ball a couple of times.
10-8? Was there any defense? Was this a 10 play format?
It is going to be a long season for Powell County if they lost even a scrimmage to KCC. No disrespect to KCC, but they are not very good, but that is just my opinion.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:It is going to be a long season for Powell County if they lost even a scrimmage to KCC. No disrespect to KCC, but they are not very good, but that is just my opinion.

Well said, I Think Powell will be in for a long season, and for Knott Co they have a really tanleted QB in Ratliff but nothing to go alone with him, alot of droped passes. KCC has one of the smallest teams Ive ever seen on the highschool level not in depth i mean is size , IMO Coach Beder and Coach Whitaker will be in for a long season.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:10-8? Was there any defense? Was this a 10 play format?

Game format for 3 qrts., JV last. Powell led 8-0 at the half.
F.N.L. Wrote:Game format for 3 qrts., JV last. Powell led 8-0 at the half.
Sounds good for the KCC JV and bad for the PC JV.

MVP2 Wrote:Well said, I Think Powell will be in for a long season, and for Knott Co they have a really tanleted QB in Ratliff but nothing to go alone with him, alot of droped passes. KCC has one of the smallest teams Ive ever seen on the highschool level not in depth i mean is size , IMO Coach Beder and Coach Whitaker will be in for a long season.

Smallest team you have ever seen? You have not seen much football then. The OL averages about 270. This is a very young team (35 players 3 Sr.) that will get better with time.
powell played a good game and their jv beat kcc 6-o. kcc did not score until about 5 minute to go into the third quarter. compared to last years team powell has improved 110 ten percent. powells defensive line had quite a few sacks and one fumble recovery. powell will just get better with time
powell played a good game... the loss was due to a bad play where one of powells players got back into knotts inzone and was tackled... it was a good game
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:10-8? Was there any defense? Was this a 10 play format?
I'm not really sure but from the sound of the other post, I think they mean that the score was actually 10-8..It sounds like each team had 1 touchdown and a 2-point conversion apiece, with KC getting a safety on Powell...I'm not 100% sure but that is how I took it.
Great game, Kcc is a young team that will get better in the next couple of years. They have a talented quarterback Ratliff, good vision, arm strength, and awareness. Also look out for Kenny Craft # 4. Quick on his feet, has good hands, I think he scored KCC touchdown actually. Powell County played great too. They have talented players, one that really sticks out is the qb #2 don't really know his name bill something. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Sounds good for the KCC JV and bad for the PC JV.

OK i don't really understand what your problem is. You come on a thread posting trash about a high school football team. Don't you have anything better to do with your life. i mean at least them boys have enough heart to come out and play football even with all the people talking trash about them. I know from your posts that you do not like Knott county but that still doesn't give you the right to start putting trash on here about them.

Good game Patriots even though you were down at the half you kept playing and fought your way back to win the game in 1 qt. Good luck on the rest of your season.

The BrahmaBull = :booo:
alltimeplayer5 Wrote:OK i don't really understand what your problem is. You come on a thread posting trash about a high school football team. Don't you have anything better to do with your life. i mean at least them boys have enough heart to come out and play football even with all the people talking trash about them. I know from your posts that you do not like Knott county but that still doesn't give you the right to start putting trash on here about them.

Good game Patriots even though you were down at the half you kept playing and fought your way back to win the game in 1 qt. Good luck on the rest of your season.

The BrahmaBull = :booo:
What "trash" did I post? I was complimenting their JV the last post. As for the Varsity, they are terrible, and until they get mad enough at people like me and work hard enough to prove me wrong, they will always be terrible. People have a differing opinion on what "heart," "Hard work," and "truth" is. I like KCC and would like to see them do well, but they will be a bad team until the day the players get some pride and start working out on their own, and going beyond what is expected from them at practice. If it sounds like I do not like KCC, I apoligize because I really want them to turn things around. My chidren are there and I would like them to have a descent team someday to play for if they so choose. As for me not having a right to say something, you are wrong.....The 1st amendment gives me the right to say just about anything I want. It is just an opinion anyway, and they say that opinions are like butt-holes, most people have one and most of them stink.
I respect your opinion, even though it differes from me.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What "trash" did I post? I was complimenting their JV the last post. As for the Varsity, they are terrible, and until they get mad enough at people like me and work hard enough to prove me wrong, they will always be terrible. People have a differing opinion on what "heart," "Hard work," and "truth" is. I like KCC and would like to see them do well, but they will be a bad team until the day the players get some pride and start working out on their own, and going beyond what is expected from them at practice. If it sounds like I do not like KCC, I apoligize because I really want them to turn things around. My chidren are there and I would like them to have a descent team someday to play for if they so choose. As for me not having a right to say something, you are wrong.....The 1st amendment gives me the right to say just about anything I want. It is just an opinion anyway, and they say that opinions are like butt-holes, most people have one and most of them stink.
I respect your opinion, even though it differes from me.

Amen.
xoJouseox Wrote:Great game, Kcc is a young team that will get better in the next couple of years. They have a talented quarterback Ratliff, good vision, arm strength, and awareness. Also look out for Kenny Craft # 4. Quick on his feet, has good hands, I think he scored KCC touchdown actually. Powell County played great too. They have talented players, one that really sticks out is the qb #2 don't really know his name bill something. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season!

Billy Rice, he's a Junior and an awsome quarterback... # 3 Jesse Rose is doing really well to be a freshman quarterback on a varsity team... i think once the season gets into action powell will really turn things around... they are realizing their mistakes and fixing them...
Why are you saying good job Knott JV. Powell's JV scored 6 and only allowed Knott to have the ball for about three plays in a 20 minute running clock quarter. The varsity score was 10-8.
launchpad4 Wrote:Why are you saying good job Knott JV. Powell's JV scored 6 and only allowed Knott to have the ball for about three plays in a 20 minute running clock quarter. The varsity score was 10-8.
According to another post the score was like 8-0 at halftime with the varsity, and that would mean that KCC scored 10-0 in the JV, it may be false info, i really do not know.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:According to another post the score was like 8-0 at halftime with the varsity, and that would mean that KCC scored 10-0 in the JV, it may be false info, i really do not know.

It is. The varsity played quarters 1-3, with a score of 10-8. The JV played a fourth quarter consisting of a 20 minute continous clock in which PC scored six points. PC also only allowed KC's JV to run around 3 plays during the period. So technically PC won 14-10.
launchpad4 Wrote:It is. The varsity played quarters 1-3, with a score of 10-8. The JV played a fourth quarter consisting of a 20 minute continous clock in which PC scored six points. PC also only allowed KC's JV to run around 3 plays during the period. So technically PC won 14-10.
Good luck to both teams, the way they performed in week one was terrible, but I am sure that one of these teams will feel better about themselves after this game.

Aren't you ever gonna let it go? you were given a shot at coaching at KCC and blew it quit putting KIDS down and yes that is what you're doing! What's it been now 7 years ? Let it go!
Congrats KCC