Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher vs Ryle
I got Letcher over Ryle by 8
Letcher has the lowest rpi in the sweet sixteen but I think they win the first round
Ryle wins by around 25-30 points.
The number 1 team in the state, Sacred Heart, only beat them 59-57. Plus they’ve probably got Miss Basketball on their team.
Wolves fan Wrote:I got Letcher over Ryle by 8
That would be epic!
Id love to see LCC win but Ryle is on a completely different higher level. Good luck to the Cougers. Hope they shock the world.
DukeBoy Wrote:Id love to see LCC win but Ryle is on a completely different higher level. Good luck to the Cougers. Hope they shock the world.
I agree. I’d love to see Letcher Central beat Ryle and advance in the state tournament but I don’t see it happening. Let’s face it, the 14th in girls basketball is the weakest region in the state. I mean, a young North Laurel team defeated Knott Central by 32 points....in Hindman! And North was runner up in the 13th to South.
One anomaly to my comment is that somehow Hazard beat North by 2 points at Hazard and I still don’t understand that game unless North got a bad whistle or had some starters out with illness. I’ve seen both play and on a neutral floor North would beat Hazard by 25-30 points.

It’s simply a different league of basketball when comparing the 14th to the rest of the state.
I wouldnt say that Looky. North probably couldnt compete with Ryle either. Would be a blowout. 14th isnt that bad. Theres just about 15 power teams throughout the state that are just better. 14th can compete with the rest.
DukeBoy Wrote:I wouldnt say that Looky. North probably couldnt compete with Ryle either. Would be a blowout. 14th isnt that bad. Theres just about 15 power teams throughout the state that are just better. 14th can compete with the rest.

I agree that the top 4 or 5 teams in the 14th can compete with most teams in other regions, just not the top teams in other regions with the possible exception of the 15th region. Letcher and Knott, the 2 teams in the championship game in the 14th, would be rated behind at least 5-7 teams when we consider most regions.
Ryle had to many weapons.
Let her played hard.