Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Deaths through 3/23/2020
Approximate. Heard this on a certain very famous radio show that starts at 12 and ends at 3 (hint). Do your own homework, but you can get the drift.

CORONAVIRUS 21,000
Flu 113,000
Malaria 228,000
Suicide 249,000
Auto wrecks 313,000
HIV 391,000
Alcohol 581,000
Smoking 1,162,000
Cancer 1,909,000
Starvation 2,382,000
Abortions 9,900,000

Doesn't mention drug related deaths.
jetpilot Wrote:Approximate. Heard this on a certain very famous radio show that starts at 12 and ends at 3 (hint). Do your own homework, but you can get the drift.

CORONAVIRUS 21,000
Flu 113,000
Malaria 228,000
Suicide 249,000
Auto wrecks 313,000
HIV 391,000
Alcohol 581,000
Smoking 1,162,000
Cancer 1,909,000
Starvation 2,382,000
Abortions 9,900,000

Doesn't mention drug related deaths.

Update us on these totals in about 5 weeks.
Westside Wrote:Update us on these totals in about 5 weeks.

I'm sure all of them will be much higher.
jetpilot Wrote:I'm sure all of them will be much higher.

Not sure where the mighty Rush gets his figures, but the last year the CDC has fully compiled stats for the causes of U.S. deaths is 2017. Here is that list, with figures rounded off.

1. Heart disease 647,000
2. Cancer 599,000
3. Accidents 169,000
4. Chronic lower respiratory 160,000
5. Stroke 146,000
6. Alzheimer’s 121,000
7. Diabetes 83,000
8. Flu and pneumonia 56,000
9. Nephritis (kidney disease) 50,000
10. Suicide 47,000

The first Coronavirus death in the US was recorded on Feb. 28th. According to the current administration’s numbers the expected overall total is anywhere from 100,000-240,000. Their worst case scenario is 2.2 million.
Now, I don’t think anyone expects that worst case scenario, and I certainly hope it just ‘miraculously disappears’, and we’ve overreacted. But even if it just falls in the middle of the White House’s projections, it will probably kill more Americans in just six months or so this year than anything other than heart disease and cancer does for a full 12 months.
Van Hagar Wrote:Not sure where the mighty Rush gets his figures, but the last year the CDC has fully compiled stats for the causes of U.S. deaths is 2017. Here is that list, with figures rounded off.

1. Heart disease 647,000
2. Cancer 599,000
3. Accidents 169,000
4. Chronic lower respiratory 160,000
5. Stroke 146,000
6. Alzheimer’s 121,000
7. Diabetes 83,000
8. Flu and pneumonia 56,000
9. Nephritis (kidney disease) 50,000
10. Suicide 47,000

The first Coronavirus death in the US was recorded on Feb. 28th. According to the current administration’s numbers the expected overall total is anywhere from 100,000-240,000. Their worst case scenario is 2.2 million.
Now, I don’t think anyone expects that worst case scenario, and I certainly hope it just ‘miraculously disappears’, and we’ve overreacted. But even if it just falls in the middle of the White House’s projections, it will probably kill more Americans in just six months or so this year than anything other than heart disease and cancer does for a full 12 months.

Virtually every other word is a "what if"
jetpilot Wrote:Virtually every other word is a "what if"

You asked people to do the homework. I did, got actual verifiable numbers from the CDC, plus the numbers that are being put out by the Trump administration. You threw out numbers from Limbaugh without any context. I can’t help it if you’re just a blind sheep following whoever says something that suits your point of view. Oh wait, that’s what you’re always accusing other posters of that don’t agree with you.
Van Hagar Wrote:You asked people to do the homework. I did, got actual verifiable numbers from the CDC, plus the numbers that are being put out by the Trump administration. You threw out numbers from Limbaugh without any context. I can’t help it if you’re just a blind sheep following whoever says something that suits your point of view. Oh wait, that’s what you’re always accusing other posters of that don’t agree with you.

Numbers cited were worldwide and current. You come back with 2017 US numbers + 20 "what ifs"
Plus you threw out the 2.2 million # that the buffoon who floated it even abandoned long ago...
jetpilot Wrote:Plus you threw out the 2.2 million # that the buffoon who floated it even abandoned long ago...

You never have been able to wrap your mind around the idea that was if we did nothing and just followed the “cull the herd” mentality that some of you and some of the conservatives knotheads are spouting.

How about you guys go first if it’s not that serious? Walk to the front of the line and get this so we can speed up the human immunity. Rush can earn that Medal of Freedom he got instead of sitting around blowing up grass sacks. All of you will deserve that award just stay away from folks who don’t want their loved ones or themselves afflicted.

I can only imagine what people in NY, Louisiana, Georgia, and FL are thinking now. But we still have people out here trying to trivialize a disease by cherry picking worldwide numbers.

(Why would anybody talk about starvation and malaria when discussing the US?)

What is the purpose of arguing the seriousness of the coronavirus crisis at this point? You and the rest of these people are wrong. Admit it and shut up before you get people killed.
Cardfan1 Wrote:You never have been able to wrap your mind around the idea that was if we did nothing and just followed the “cull the herd” mentality that some of you and some of the conservatives knotheads are spouting.

How about you guys go first if it’s not that serious? Walk to the front of the line and get this so we can speed up the human immunity. Rush can earn that Medal of Freedom he got instead of sitting around blowing up grass sacks. All of you will deserve that award just stay away from folks who don’t want their loved ones or themselves afflicted.

I can only imagine what people in NY, Louisiana, Georgia, and FL are thinking now. But we still have people out here trying to trivialize a disease by cherry picking worldwide numbers.

What is the purpose of arguing the seriousness of the coronavirus crisis at this point? You and the rest of these people are wrong. Admit it and shut up before you get people killed.

:worthy: Thank you. This is the best response I've ever seen on here. And you are so right, what got me from his initial post were the worldwide numbers. Apples and oranges. We have to worry about the relevant U.S. numbers. Which is what I provided to this knothead. I'm so sorry, Jet Pilot, that they were from 2017 instead of 2019, but even in today's world it takes a while to compile the numbers down to the last decimal point. Suffice it to say, 2019 would have been very similar. Since you are so big on what if's, here's one for you--what if you or one of your loved ones get it? Gonna change your tune any then?
jetpilot Wrote:Plus you threw out the 2.2 million # that the buffoon who floated it even abandoned long ago...

Well apparently that buffoon is now in the Trump Administration, because they throw that number out there at every briefing now as a worse case scenario number if nothing is done. Not me, not Card Fan, not the Easter Bunny, but the current administration.
Cardfan1 Wrote:You never have been able to wrap your mind around the idea that was if we did nothing and just followed the “cull the herd” mentality that some of you and some of the conservatives knotheads are spouting.

I love and respect Jet Pilot. You never have to worry about his honesty and him speaking his mind. That speaks volumes to me. He is crass and opinionated. So am I. He is spouting his own truth just like you are CardFan.

I am quite the conservative but I'm not a knothead just because of it. And I think JP is dead wrong. I hope and pray he's correct, but allow me to share MY truth.

My grand daughter works in the Medical ICU. She has volunteered to be on the front line of Covid19 treatment. When she isn't working directly with Covid19 patients, she hangs around to "spot" the folks who are in full gear working with Covid19 patients to make sure they are safe. She logged in over 80 hours last week. My daughter is a flight nurse who has transported Covid19 folks. Even though everybody isn't infected, she must act like they are. She has a special needs son and spends 3 times the time normally taken to sanitize herself before going home. She works 24 hour shifts. My niece is working a triage tent in front of a local ER. So she gets to interact with EVERYBODY. She is working 12 hour shifts. Her son is a Kentucky state trooper with a pregnant wife, so when they get home, it looks like a detox center around their homes.

These people are my life. They insist that I isolate myself because if I get Covid19 I will most likely die. I listen to them.

I try to hide how terrified I am for them, but they are proud to do their part and more. I am very proud of them.

So you guys can bitch and moan and call each other names if you want. I choose to self isolate and pray for our future. The coming couple of weeks should prove who has the most accurate truth. Again, I hope and pray JP is correct.
Granny Bear Wrote:I love and respect Jet Pilot. You never have to worry about his honesty and him speaking his mind. That speaks volumes to me. He is crass and opinionated. So am I. He is spouting his own truth just like you are CardFan.

I am quite the conservative but I'm not a knothead just because of it. And I think JP is dead wrong. I hope and pray he's correct, but allow me to share MY truth.

My grand daughter works in the Medical ICU. She has volunteered to be on the front line of Covid19 treatment. When she isn't working directly with Covid19 patients, she hangs around to "spot" the folks who are in full gear working with Covid19 patients to make sure they are safe. She logged in over 80 hours last week. My daughter is a flight nurse who has transported Covid19 folks. Even though everybody isn't infected, she must act like they are. She has a special needs son and spends 3 times the time normally taken to sanitize herself before going home. She works 24 hour shifts. My niece is working a triage tent in front of a local ER. So she gets to interact with EVERYBODY. She is working 12 hour shifts. Her son is a Kentucky state trooper with a pregnant wife, so when they get home, it looks like a detox center around their homes.

These people are my life. They insist that I isolate myself because if I get Covid19 I will most likely die. I listen to them.

I try to hide how terrified I am for them, but they are proud to do their part and more. I am very proud of them.

So you guys can bitch and moan and call each other names if you want. I choose to self isolate and pray for our future. The coming couple of weeks should prove who has the most accurate truth. Again, I hope and pray JP is correct.

God Bless and be with you and your family, Granny Bear. And sorry for some nastiness, that guy just gets under my skin. I should be bigger than that.
No apologies needed!! My comments were not directed at you as much as CardFan who likes to generalize too much about being conservative.

Also, JP likes to get under your skin. LOL It's just what he does; and he does it very well.

You are full of crap and triggered, not to mention a huge crybaby. I never said anything of the sort, and nobody I know says anything remotely like your ignorant lying spew.

And me get people killed? You are literally insane. Now get back under your bed, get in the fetal position, and suck your thumb until MSNBC tells you it's ok to come out.
Granny Bear Wrote:I love and respect Jet Pilot. You never have to worry about his honesty and him speaking his mind. That speaks volumes to me. He is crass and opinionated. So am I. He is spouting his own truth just like you are CardFan.

Thank you GB, the love and respect is returned 10x. You definitely have heroes in your family, I am praying for them and you. I don't blame you a bit for staying inside and waiting this thing out since you have underlying conditions. God bless you and yours. I will post a video in a few that really helps people stay safe.
Van Hagar Wrote::worthy: Thank you. This is the best response I've ever seen on here. And you are so right, what got me from his initial post were the worldwide numbers. Apples and oranges. We have to worry about the relevant U.S. numbers. Which is what I provided to this knothead. I'm so sorry, Jet Pilot, that they were from 2017 instead of 2019, but even in today's world it takes a while to compile the numbers down to the last decimal point. Suffice it to say, 2019 would have been very similar. Since you are so big on what if's, here's one for you--what if you or one of your loved ones get it? Gonna change your tune any then?

Me and my loved ones are taking every precaution to avoid this disease, thanks for asking. But we aren't panicking.
Van Hagar Wrote:God Bless and be with you and your family, Granny Bear. And sorry for some nastiness, that guy just gets under my skin. I should be bigger than that.

Another "what if" :rockon:
Van Hagar Wrote:Well apparently that buffoon is now in the Trump Administration, because they throw that number out there at every briefing now as a worse case scenario number if nothing is done. Not me, not Card Fan, not the Easter Bunny, but the current administration.

No, he isn't. And the only reason the administration quotes the buffoon's number is because when the actual number is a small percentage of that number, they will look like heroes.
jetpilot Wrote:No, he isn't. And the only reason the administration quotes the buffoon's number is because when the actual number is a small percentage of that number, they will look like heroes.

I know he’s not. Sarcasm there sir. But your last statement is 100% correct, I will give you credit for that one.
Van Hagar Wrote:I know he’s not. Sarcasm there sir. But your last statement is 100% correct, I will give you credit for that one.

Thanks. You and yours stay safe, Van.
And you and yours too (and that’s not sarcasm, I promise.)

I get your concern. We all have people who are in essential jobs that are working everyday. My post supported and in some way is meant to protect those people too, because disinformation that some conservatives are airing is flat out dangerous. I know you recognize that.
jetpilot Wrote:You are full of crap and triggered, not to mention a huge crybaby. I never said anything of the sort, and nobody I know says anything remotely like your ignorant lying spew.

And me get people killed? You are literally insane. Now get back under your bed, get in the fetal position, and suck your thumb until MSNBC tells you it's ok to come out.

What do you think will happen if this was ignored and laughed at like you and others are trying to do?

The herd would be culled alright.
Cardfan1 Wrote:What do you think will happen if this was ignored and laughed at like you and others are trying to do?

The herd would be culled alright.

I have no idea where you get this stuff but that is another obvious lie.
jetpilot Wrote:I have no idea where you get this stuff but that is another obvious lie.

:Thumbs:

Review your posts in the National Emergency thread.

"what ifs" and "ignorance" were some of your words and you also shared some of your favorite tweets. None of it suggested we should take this serious just like this thread you started that suggests Coronavirus is just another fact of life like the flu, car wrecks, etc.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I get your concern. We all have people who are in essential jobs that are working everyday. My post supported and in some way is meant to protect those people too, because disinformation that some conservatives are airing is flat out dangerous. I know you recognize that.

Disinformation being aired is happening from liberals and conservatives. I don't think for one second that anyone here is deliberately sowing lies. Just a difference of opinion. I disagree with Jet Pilot but he has a right to his opinion. I also disagree with your comment about "conservative knotheads". Sort of reminds me of "basket of deplorables" made by Hillary Clinton. Remember her?
Granny Bear Wrote:Disinformation being aired is happening from liberals and conservatives. I don't think for one second that anyone here is deliberately sowing lies. Just a difference of opinion. I disagree with Jet Pilot but he has a right to his opinion. I also disagree with your comment about "conservative knotheads". Sort of reminds me of "basket of deplorables" made by Hillary Clinton. Remember her?

Didn't mean to offend you, and didn't mean to overgeneralize.

There are conservatives leading this country: Dewine in Ohio and Hogan in Maryland, Tucker Carlson on Fox and many others in day to day life. I applaud those people.

But there is a strain of conservative knotheads like Rush, Alex Jones, Sen Ron Johnson, Gov. DeSantis etc. denying this crisis and/or are extremely slow to act.

At this point it's not their truth or difference of opinion or their right to free speech; these people are trivializing a crisis that has killed 5000 Americans in one month. If they get to people with this nonsense, and people relax then more and more will die.

FWIW, if there are liberal knotheads out there denying this they are flat out wrong, and I would tag them with the same name.