Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team decisions for playoffs
Calloway County opting out
Murray will play (sat this week with extracurricular activities suspended since Monday)
Webster County opting out
Greenup Co has opted out.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3761310663892719&id=187282321295589
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Man, I said earlier that it’s sad for those seniors and other kids to not be able to play. But it says a lot about some of the coaches trying to avoid getting other teams sick, if they are doing it for the right reasons
(11-07-2020, 12:10 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: Calloway County opting out
Murray will play (sat this week with extracurricular activities suspended since Monday)

(11-07-2020, 12:15 AM)Jarons Wrote: Greenup Co has opted out.

Do any of these teams have any cases?
(11-07-2020, 12:54 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 12:10 AM)Glory_Days Wrote: Calloway County opting out

(11-07-2020, 12:15 AM)Jarons Wrote: Greenup Co  has opted out.

Do any of these teams have any cases?
None I've heard on the teams I posted
Some of these top tier teams, better rent a hotel room for the next 5 weeks haha. Unless you’re trinity, they can probably afford a big bubble hahah. But if I were the coach I’d make Adolph Breshear look like child’s play. Full on lock down!!! Parents too!
Ballard Memorial opting out
Greenup County now says they will play if the covid map in GC is below Red Next Thursday per head coach Zack Moore.
Calloway County now saying they are most likely back in with the playoff push back
I can’t believe that teams are throwing in the towel. It’s sad because the kids have put such hard work in. I don’t think you will see manny teams who actually has a chance to win something opting out.
The kids don’t get a say in it either.
Martin County is playing.
(11-08-2020, 12:38 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: I can’t believe that teams are throwing in the towel. It’s sad because the kids have put such hard work in. I don’t think you will see manny teams who actually has a chance to win something opting out.
Notice the ones that are doing it. It’s the teams who are terrible year in and year out. How they continue to get quality players to play for them is puzzling to me. I feel sorry for the players and the fans. If you’re a coach and you do this to your team and school you need to be shown the  door. Start you a coronabro club and meet every Friday night during the season. The rest of his want Friday Night Lights while  the coronabro club want Friday Night Frights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomcat Pride's post:
  • Deuce8
I have always said that teams should have the option to not participate in the playoffs if they choose in any year. If they opt out, they are allowed to play 1 end of season game, against other teams that have decided not to play. Example to 0-10 teams could play each other and somebody gets a win to end the season.

IMO over half of the 4 seeds would take this option, giving #1 seeds a bye, and saving the #4 seeds a game they have no business playing in the first place. Heck Id bet five or six #3 seeds would take this option more than likely as well.

And if a team wants to just shut it down after regular season, so be it, its their right, let the teams decide.
(11-09-2020, 12:18 PM)plantmanky Wrote: I have always said that teams should have the option to not participate in the playoffs if they choose in any year.  If they opt out, they are allowed to play 1 end of season game, against other teams that have decided not to play.  Example to 0-10 teams could play each other and somebody gets a win to end the season. 

IMO over half of the 4 seeds would take this option, giving #1 seeds a bye, and saving the #4 seeds a game they have no business playing in the first place.  Heck Id bet five or six #3 seeds would take this option more than likely as well.

And if a team wants to just shut it down after regular season, so be it, its their right, let the teams decide.

I think any team has the option to forfeit.  Adding an additional game because a team isn't very good is just silly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Go Blazers Go's post:
  • Tomcat Pride
There’s a rumor going around in North Eastern Kentucky that Greenup County will be changing their name from the Musketeers to the Coronabros. Has anyone else heard this?