Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Bell Co 0 (3A Quarterfinals)
Belfry starts the game off hot taking a 14-0 lead early in the first quarter. After a sequence of trading penalties, Belfry was off to the races. 

Issac Dixon reintroduces himself to the Bobcats with a great first half. Recovered a fumble to score the first Pirate TD of the night and adds several more ends his night with 200+ yards on the ground before halftime.

Pirates will take a trip to Putnam next Friday night.

I thought the score was 43-0 but they called final score 42-0
Well, what a quick game. Paintsville/Hazard hasn't even started the 2nd half yet

Congrats to Belfry! No surprise here
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Belfry
27 carries 322 yards
0-2 Passing
Dixon 4 total TDs. 8 Carries 204 yards leads the Pirates
Missed the breakdown of other ballcarriers

Bell Co
37 carries 180yards
42 plays 190 yards
Sorry didn't catch individual numbers.
Wow! Those Belfry Pirates seem to be in "Playoff Mode" again! I thought we'd win, but not like this. Was Bell Co. a little overrated or is Belfry "that" good?
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • BobcatForever
(12-04-2020, 11:26 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Wow! Pirates seem to be in that "Playoff Mode" again! I thought we'd win, but not like this. Was Bell Co. a little overrated or is Belfry "that" good?

Bell Co. was without their RB because of an ACL injury.  But I still don't think it would've been much closer of a game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • #55PirateFan, cuppett777
Congrats to the Pirates! Solid play from start to finish in a constant down pour. This game got ugly from play 1 and was really worse than the 42-0 final score. Belfry had 2 TD’s called back on horrible holding calls. Time to go to Ashland and take care of business! Dixon 100x > than Pittman so don’t start with the comparisons.
(12-04-2020, 11:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 11:26 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote: Wow! Pirates seem to be in that "Playoff Mode" again! I thought we'd win, but not like this. Was Bell Co. a little overrated or is Belfry "that" good?

Bell Co. was without their RB because of an ACL injury.  But I still don't think it would've been much closer of a game.
He might have made a difference, but not a 42 point difference. I thought Belfry would win, but I really didn't see this coming. Those boys from Pond Creek must've been hitting on all cylinders tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • BobcatForever
You are right #55 he would of made some but not that big of gap Congratulations Pirates On to next round Good Luck rest of the way!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobcatForever's post:
  • #55PirateFan
Congratulations Belfry on another state title run!!

Heads up Bell Co. You've had a great season and I know you left in all on the field!
Granny it was a tuff season on everyone this year all this covid junk!!
(12-04-2020, 11:35 PM)#55PirateFan Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 11:28 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

He might have made a difference, but not a 42 point difference. I thought Belfry would win, but I really didn't see this coming. Those boys from Pond Creek must've been hitting on all cylinders tonight.
Plenty to clean up.

Too many penalties including a couple that negated big plays and TD's. Coleman dropped a Pick 6. Dixon fumbled.

Defense looked well rested and quick. Dixon was that dude again. Special, special, talent.
(12-04-2020, 11:46 PM)BobcatForever Wrote: Granny it was a tuff season on everyone this year all this covid junk!!

It surely was!!! Then add to it, the injuries!
yep for sure
Good luck to the Pirates the rest of the way
[-] The following 1 user Likes jax's post:
  • skully03
Good win for the Pirates. A lot of mistakes that they can’t have next week and expect to win on the road.

The defense looked great except for a few long runs between the tackles.

Mounts needs to be the fullback
Congrats to Belfry! Good luck rest of the way.
Congratulations to the Pirates! Looks like Belfry just went into this game and just did Belfry things to the Bobcats! Had to be one of the quickest games in the state tonight!
Congratulations, Belfry my pick to win 3A
Belfry explosive on offense. Every snap could go the distance, or they can play ground and pound for 4 quarters. Defense looks fast and stout between the tackles.

Typical Belfry fashion....both sides of the ball starting to peak at the perfect time. Coach Phillip Haywood is a football genius.
Nice win Belfry!! Here’s hoping you bring home another ring!!
sad showing..
Belfry is always vulnerable early in the season, but by the time the playoffs start they’re usually peaking and clicking on all cylinders. It’s been the case for the last 19 years I’ve been keeping up with them. Night and day difference. Chalk that up to great coaching and the kids buying in.

Congrats Pirates!
Is Dudley returning next season?
Did Dudley go to the stands in the second half? If he did, he will be back.
Congrats Belfry, Congrats Haywood. Coming alive at the right time of the year!
i dont think he did,because he knew coming in this wasnt going be close game,but he had to show up,but would to have seen it..
Leaves are off the trees. It is Belfry football time.