Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
KCD 35 Crittenden County 7 (1A Quarterfinal)
Final

I missed this one badly
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
KCD with huge win
Closer than the score indicates. 7-0 at the half.
The finals all that matters though. lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(12-05-2020, 12:03 AM)Spud6 Wrote: The finals all that matters though. lol
Very true. I was just pointing out that it wasn’t like KCD scored on their first 3 drives and just dominated CC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Spud6
I was surprised by the score myself. From what I read though I really think the CC missed Tabor. He brought a different dimension to their offense.
The fact the KCD won didn't not surprise me at all, the margin did. Crittenden is the best 1A team in this end of the state the last several years but there is just not many good 1A teams in this end of the state. The 1A and 3A regions in western Kentucky were weak this year and it showed in this round, I don't know much about Williamsburg but I would have to take KCD being the home team. I think Paintsville and Newport Central Catholic are the two best teams left and the winner in 1A will be whoever wins this game
[-] The following 2 users Like missthefield's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Nygfan106wins
Is this KCD team better than last years team that I seen play at Pikeville??
It wasn’t KCD that lost at Pikeville in 2019. it’s been a year, so please forgive an old man for an honest mistake.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Boomer_Sooner's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(12-06-2020, 02:47 AM)missthefield Wrote: The fact the KCD won didn't not surprise me at all, the margin did. Crittenden is the best 1A team in this end of the state the last several years but there is just not many good 1A teams in this end of the state. The 1A and 3A regions in western Kentucky were weak this year and it showed in this round, I don't know much about Williamsburg but I would have to take KCD being the home team. I think Paintsville and Newport Central Catholic are the two best teams left and the winner in 1A will be whoever wins this game
It kind of surprised me, just going off of how one of the Crittenden fans was talking on here last week about Paintsville. Figured they would put up more of a fight in this one. Looking forward to seeing how KCD and Williamsburg plays out. We are familiar with Williamsburg and know they typically have a pretty good offense!
A. Crittenden Missed their two best playmakers on offense. Tabor and McCallister
B. It looked like Crittenden was trying to do a lot of new "stuff" on offense in the first half and none of it worked. They never had the ball but their defense held up well. Down 7-0 at half was fine.
C. For some bizarre reason Crittenden Tried an onside kick to start the second half and didn't get it. Giving KCD a short field. KCD scored.
D. Crittenden then fumbled the ensuing kickoff and gave kcd the ball at the 20 yard line but held them and go the ball back. Crittenden's next two drives both went back to the more traditional running game and got into KCD territory but they still tried doing some weird stuff. Not until early in the 4th quarter did they go with the wildcat but they didn't do it with boone who was their best player carrying the ball all night.
E. The two late scores were pick 6's by kcd.

KCD was the better team with Crittenden's injuries, but the play calling and offense, especially in the first half was just weird.
The stats say Caden McCalister carried the ball 12 times not sure where you are getting your information. As for trying new stuff I'm not sure why they would do that in a game of this magnitude. If you scout Crittenden county they have always tried onside's kicks in the past in questionable situations, They are a run heavy offense and KCD did a good job of making them throw the ball, which they didn't have to do a lot the whole year. KCD had some injuries from the week before, I'm not sure if they played in the Crittenden game or not.
(12-07-2020, 12:43 PM)missthefield Wrote: The stats say Caden McCalister carried the ball 12 times not sure where you are getting your information. As for trying new stuff I'm not sure why they would do that in a game of this magnitude. If you scout Crittenden county they have always tried onside's kicks in the past in questionable situations, They are a run heavy offense and KCD did a good job of making them throw the ball, which they didn't have to do a lot the whole year. KCD had some injuries from the week before, I'm not sure if they played in the Crittenden game or not.

I meant the receiver that scored 3 td's vs.  Russellville.  Confused him with McCalister.

(12-07-2020, 12:43 PM)missthefield Wrote: The stats say Caden McCalister carried the ball 12 times not sure where you are getting your information. As for trying new stuff I'm not sure why they would do that in a game of this magnitude. If you scout Crittenden county they have always tried onside's kicks in the past in questionable situations, They are a run heavy offense and KCD did a good job of making them throw the ball, which they didn't have to do a lot the whole year. KCD had some injuries from the week before, I'm not sure if they played in the Crittenden game or not.

KCD had a full deck.  Dickerson was back.