Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Says Patriots violated league rules.
They got caught.....Heres the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677
They should be fined, or suspend their head coach for a game or two. Cause this is uncalled for.
The same guy was removed from a game last season too for the same suspected violation.
I heard they would lose a first round pick, or the equivalent to one, which was reported to be their 2nd and 4th round picks.
thats crap..Goodell should drop the hammer on them. This is the second time theyve been caught (basically). This is cheating. This isnt drugs, or players smoking weed, or players drinking and driving. This is cheating during two games, to help their team win. New England Patriots or not, he needs to open the gates of hell on New England. This is only the second time THEYVE BEEN CAUGHT. Who knows how many times this has happened? They went from a bottom tier AFC team, to winning 3 Super Bowls in 6 years almost overnight. If he (Goodell) wants to make a statement, do something to cripple their season.
If Goodell is going to rule with an iron fist....as I stated in the thread the other day, then it needs to apply to all. They clearly gained an unfair advantage by doing this. If there is a strict code of conduct for players, then coaches and teams in general should be held to the same standard. Is this not as bad as a player degrading the league by their conduct? This is degrading to the league and slaps the notion of fair competition right in the face. Heres another question for ya.........This is the second time they've been caught, How many times has it happened and they have not been caught?

Here would be Commissioner Bengal Cats ruling:
1- The Pats forfeit the game vs the Jets
2- A first round draft pick is taken from the Pats
3- Bill Belichick is fined 1/16 th of his salary & suspended

The slap on the wrist they recieved after the Green Bay fiasco apparently didn't get through to them.
Belichick has notified the league that it was a "misinterpretation" of the league's rule.

HAHA, he got caught for the second time and it was obviously his decisoin to have someone film the D-Coordinator. Memos were sent out to every team saying this type of conduct would not be tolerated but yet they do it anyway. Its not that hard to comprehend that you are not allowed to film the oppositions coaching signals. I wonder how long the Patriots have been doing this. The punishment should be severe in my opinion. The players get harsh punishment for cheating and this is no different. Heck, the league even suspended a coach from Dallas for 5 games after testing positive for HGH. Maybe some time off the sidelines for Belichick, loss of draft picks, and lower the teams salary cap for a season or two would be just.
At the very least this smears the Patriots image of being "the model franchise of the NFL." Like LaDainian Tomlinson & Brett Favre just said on sportscenter.......cheating is cheating.
Sean Salsbury (sp??) was on the "hot seat" (ESPN) and said that he thought it was no big deal. He said to fine the Pats around $50,000 and let it go!! LOL.... Also, he said if they thought that New England was the only team doing it you were wrong........they just got caught!!
Bengal Cat Wrote:At the very least this smears the Patriots image of being "the model franchise of the NFL." Like LaDainian Tomlinson & Brett Favre just said on sportscenter.......cheating is cheating.

I'm curious if Goodell will have the guts to punish them harshly.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
phs1986 Wrote:Sean Salsbury (sp??) was on the "hot seat" (ESPN) and said that he thought it was no big deal. He said to fine the Pats around $50,000 and let it go!! LOL.... Also, he said if they thought that New England was the only team doing it you were wrong........they just got caught!!

Yeah I saw SS on the hotseat saying all that. I just wonder if it was another team besides the Pats, what would he say? Also...if its (no big deal) why even fine them? Bottom line is, its an unfair advantage and it violates the rules. To me thats a big deal.
BFritz Wrote:I'm curious if Goodell will have the guts to punish them harshly.

After not suspending Joey Porter for assault I think its clear theres one set of rules for certain teams & players and another set for the rest. So to answer your question BFritz, no.....I don't think it will be very harsh. What makes it worse is this isn't the first time they've done it.
Goodell needs to step up and punish them hard...its hard telling how many times the Patriots has done this before, even in their Super Bowl seasons.
The full Patriots' punishment:

- team is fined $250,000
- Belichick fined $500,000
- team forfeits 2008 first-round draft pick if they make the playoffs this year, otherwise they lose their 2nd and 3rd rounders instead

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338

Seems like a pretty firm punishment to me. More than I thought they would do to the NFL's "model franchise".
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree, but if they would have made them forfeit the game, I think everybody would have been more satisfied...and would make them think a whole lot harder before doing it again. But all it is for me, is another reason to despise Bill Belichick.
More Cowbell Wrote:The full Patriots' punishment:

- team is fined $250,000
- Belichick fined $500,000
- team forfeits 2008 first-round draft pick if they make the playoffs this year, otherwise they lose their 2nd and 3rd rounders instead

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338

Seems like a pretty firm punishment to me. More than I thought they would do to the NFL's "model franchise".