Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Bresnahan
Anyways, our D is horrible, everybody knows that Bresnahan needs to go. I feel so smart though, I posted on the Bengals website (all posts need to be approved), and my post got published on the page. I feel so smart!!

Go to Bengals.com, and click on comments to the story "Lewis: Five Play Game".

B Fritz- holla at your boy Smile Smile Smile
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
By the way, I spelt "so" "sp" but I was in a hurry and still got published.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Nobody?
I agree with what you said, but I don't like the way Lewis called his players out. He pointed to a few plays that he felt could've changed the game. The loss was a team effort and I don't like the way he singled Rudi, Carson, and Caleb Miller out. If anybody needs to be singled out it's Bresnahan.
Fenix Wrote:I agree with what you said, but I don't like the way Lewis called his players out. He pointed to a few plays that he felt could've changed the game. The loss was a team effort and I don't like the way he singled Rudi, Carson, and Caleb Miller out. If anybody needs to be singled out it's Bresnahan.
preaching to the choir
BFritz Wrote:Nobody?

It's obvious how I feel about it Fritz....I started the thread "Bresnahan must go."

But you know what? Doesn't matter what you and I think, because he's obviously not going anywhere. At least not right now. Lets just hope our defense has enough pride to put on a decent show Sunday after that disgrace in Cleveland. I have "zero" confidence in Bresnahan. Maybe we can cause some turnovers and keep us in the game.

I guarantee you Shaun Alexander is a better back than Jamal Lewis and I guarantee you Matt Hasselbeck is a better QB than Derek anderson.
Bengal Cat Wrote:It's obvious how I feel about it Fritz....I started the thread "Bresnahan must go."

But you know what? Doesn't matter what you and I think, because he's obviously not going anywhere. At least not right now. Lets just hope our defense has enough pride to put on a decent show Sunday after that disgrace in Cleveland. I have "zero" confidence in Bresnahan. Maybe we can cause some turnovers and keep us in the game.

I guarantee you Shaun Alexander is a better back than Jamal Lewis and I guarantee you Matt Hasselbeck is a better QB than Derek anderson.
We can't sit back and let them run the ball down our throat and we can't not pressure Hasselsmuck and let him pick us apart.
It could get ugly Sunday, Seattle has a tough offense.
Fenix Wrote:It could get ugly Sunday, Seattle has a tough offense.

The D had better get its act toghter in a hurry Fenix. I hate to keep harping on the Cleveland game, but thats one we might look back on come December and say, "I'd love to have that one back." Just like Tampa Bay last year.

Bresnahans inability to make adjustments during the game worries me. Often times it's not so much our players being outplayed, but our coaches being out coached.
Bengal Cat Wrote:The D had better get its act toghter in a hurry Fenix. I hate to keep harping on the Cleveland game, but thats one we might look back on come December and say, "I'd love to have that one back." Just like Tampa Bay last year.

Bresnahans inability to make adjustments during the game worries me. Often times it's not so much our players being outplayed, but our coaches being out coached.

I think we have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Bresnahan is terrible, but at some point we have to look at Marvin and question why he's letting this go on. He's either afraid to take over for Bresnahan or he feels he can't do better.
Fenix Wrote:I think we have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. Bresnahan is terrible, but at some point we have to look at Marvin and question why he's letting this go on. He's either afraid to take over for Bresnahan or he feels he can't do better.

Or (God forbid) Mike Brown is still calling the shots.
Wasn't Lewis a defensive coach for Baltimore? If so, then I'd like to see him also be the defensive coach.
blackcat_student Wrote:Wasn't Lewis a defensive coach for Baltimore? If so, then I'd like to see him also be the defensive coach.

Yes, that's my main problem with the situation. He won't step up and fix it, then he blames our offense equally with our defense. Give me a break.
Bengal Cat Wrote:The D had better get its act toghter in a hurry Fenix. I hate to keep harping on the Cleveland game, but thats one we might look back on come December and say, "I'd love to have that one back." Just like Tampa Bay last year.

We sit back and let them pick us apart in the passing game and ram the ball down our throat.
Well, it seems the other thread on this topic got buried, so I will re-post what I said on it:

FIRE FREAKIN' CHUCK BRESNAHAN!!!

There is no excuse for players being out of position as much as they were on Sunday. The players didn't seem prepared, and that falls onto Bresnahan and partially on Marvin Lewis (who hired him).

People, we were a lot better off under Leslie Frazier. Do you think he might want to come back?

Just kidding, but oh, what I wouldn't give to have Dick Lebeau as our defensive coordinator right now. The guy may not be cut out to be a head coach, but man, can he build a stout defense.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]