Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many you got....2021 Edition.
(08-11-2021, 06:14 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 10:10 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: This is hard for me to believe, but was told Belfry only has 47 out this season. I remember at one time they had 99 on their roster.
True.  Actually I got the roster yesterday and there are 45 names on it.  Take away Mikey Hylton, who transferred to Tug Valley, and it's 44.
There are only 8 freshman on the roster.  That is almost unheard of at Belfry.  Several, meaning 4-6, 8th graders stayed back.  3 members from one family, the Rash twins and their little brother, moved to play at Herbert Hoover.  And honestly, a few kids that had been with the program 1-2 years, did not come back out.  The last few years, Belfry has hovered in the 60-65 player range to start the year.  This year is just different.  Belfry's starting 22 will be very good, but depth is almost non-existent.
Going to look surreal when Belfry and Pikeville play when Pikeville runs out on the field with 60 or so and Belfry runs out with 43 or so. Belfry was staring a losing season in the face if Dixon didn't come back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae
It will for sure. I agree. Without Dixon returning, the normal Belfry explosiveness would not be there. Equally important, IMO, is them getting back to a real threat at FB and the development of Zayne Hatfield on the offensive side of the ball.
(08-11-2021, 06:14 AM)bucslover68 Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 10:10 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: This is hard for me to believe, but was told Belfry only has 47 out this season. I remember at one time they had 99 on their roster.
True.  Actually I got the roster yesterday and there are 45 names on it.  Take away Mikey Hylton, who transferred to Tug Valley, and it's 44.
There are only 8 freshman on the roster.  That is almost unheard of at Belfry.  Several, meaning 4-6, 8th graders stayed back.  3 members from one family, the Rash twins and their little brother, moved to play at Herbert Hoover.  And honestly, a few kids that had been with the program 1-2 years, did not come back out.  The last few years, Belfry has hovered in the 60-65 player range to start the year.  This year is just different.  Belfry's starting 22 will be very good, but depth is almost non-existent.
We've seen where Isaac Dixon is taking advantage of the KHSAA hold back rule, Are there others that you know of that will be doing the same? Didn't Belfry lose a considerable amount off the O line ?
(08-12-2021, 07:46 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: It will for sure.  I agree. Without Dixon returning, the normal Belfry explosiveness would not be there.  Equally important, IMO, is them getting back to a real threat at FB and the development of Zayne Hatfield on the offensive side of the ball.
(08-06-2021, 02:29 PM)14th_region_fan Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 01:43 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Hazard 38
Perry Central 87

PCC has never had 80+ before. Glad to see the new coaches getting kids out but I doubt that is a true number.
They probably have about 30 less than that. Some people have the short man syndrome. lol