Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell at Wheelersburg (OH) 9/3
Russell travels to Ed Miller Stadium to face the Wheelersburg Pirates at 7p on Friday. The game is on Mytowntv facebook and YouTube. Russell is 2-0 with wins over Boone County 19-6 and Raceland 28-18 while Wheelersburg is 1-1 with a 40-6 loss to Ironton,OH and a 26-3 win over Chillicothe,OH. Thoughts?
Over on the Ohio forum they think that Russell got a qb from Raceland and that Raceland was salty about it.What they don’t realize is Logan Lundy transferred to Raceland from Russell. I’m pretty sure Russell fans wish the kid well. They also think he’s a 5th year senior when as far as I know Russell doesn’t have any. I know Russell board of education voted not to have a do over year. They should make sure they know their facts about out of state schools before spouting off stuff they have no idea about lol.

Here is the thread where they talk about the stuff I was talking about .

https://www.southeasternohiopreps.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88626

The above thread link is for the Russell at Wheelersburg thread on the Ohio site.
Also if There are any Ohio readers Bradley Rose Russell qb is a true senior and Logan Lundy Raceland’s qb is a true Junior.

Russell has 0 5th year seniors as far as I know.
I thought Russell shut down all sports
(09-01-2021, 01:37 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I thought Russell shut down all sports

Lol No you was thinking about Raceland haha.
(09-01-2021, 01:40 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:

No for real….I thought I heard they have shut down all activities haha . I know I’m always messing around but I thought I heard this. Guess I must be wrong
(09-01-2021, 05:17 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 01:40 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote:

No for real….I thought I heard they have shut down all activities haha . I know I’m always messing around but I thought I heard this. Guess I must be wrong

I thought you was messing around. I haven’t heard anything from any Russell officials about shutting down sports. Ashland shut down but not Russell.
After seeing Wheelersburg in a scrimmage and Russell last week I like Burg and to be honest pretty handily. Now the Rams looked awful at that scrimmage and by no means is this a dig at the devils but up front Raceland dominated that game at Russell . Turnovers and untimely penalties and great plays when they needed them by Rose thru the air saved that game for the Devils . But the Rams ran for 170 and controlled the clock for the most part . Russell only had 60 on the ground all night . Burg is bigger and way faster than Russell.I may be wrong but Give me Burg 35-14
Tough game for the Devils against a very talented Burg team which was up on Raceland 31-0 in their jamboree game this year and to go with it the scoreboard says 7-0 when they flip it on but you get that a lot against Ohio teams.
21-0 Burg almost halftime. Russell getting smacked around.
Russell needs to make some serious adjustments on both o and d at the half or this thing will be running clock. Just think if Wheelersburg is doing this to Russell right now what they would do to Ashland if the Ashland team who played Boyd or Raceland showed up.
The Burg is just fast at every position. They don’t look like a team that’s as good as they are but their speed really hurts a team
28-0 Burg.
28-3 on a 38 yard field goal by Nathan Totten.
28-3 after 3.
28-10
Rose to doug oborne 59 yard td pass.
28-16
71 yard td pass from Bradley rose to Carson Patrick.
35-16 2:25 4th.
35-16 WB final.