Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
0%
LCA
100.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ LCA 10/15
Class 2A Somerset (1-7) will travel to Class 2A #1 Lexington Christian Academy (7-0)

Somerset wins: Covid 1-0
            losses: Lincoln County 50-20, Beechwood 49-0, Paintsville 33-26, Corbin 52-6, Williamsburg 21-14, Hazard 31-0, Danville 41-21

LCA wins: Madison Central 21-12, Boyle County 35-28, Covid 1-0, CAL 37-14, Lexington Catholic 43-7, Pikeville 31-14, Washington County 55-0

Thoughts?
Running clock 2 qter 51-0 lca
Only common opponent is Covid. Comparing scores from that one it should be a pretty close game.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • Old School Hound, rookie57
Private - 55
Public - 7
Bad
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Ugly, very ugly very quick
LCA could score 100 in this one if they really wanted to.
If Somerset wins this one it would be a bigger upset than Centre College's historic upset of Harvard. I'm pulling for a Briar Jumper shocker but then again I'm pulling for my cat to quit climbing my drapes, and that ain't happening either.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cobraxx, Gitback Coach, GreyStoke
Off subject but what happened to Somerset's football announcer? It seems like they have a new guy this year. I loved hearing the old announcer say "first down jumperssss" lol he was a legend for Somerset football. They need him back!
REAL ugly REAL fast !!
LCA 49-7
(10-11-2021, 03:00 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: If Somerset wins this one it would be a bigger upset than Centre College's historic upset of Harvard.  I'm pulling for a Briar Jumper shocker but then again I'm pulling for my cat to quit climbing my drapes, and that ain't happening either.

All nine lives in one shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Old School Hound
(10-12-2021, 05:20 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Off subject but what happened to Somerset's football announcer? It seems like they have a new guy this year. I loved hearing the old announcer say "first down jumperssss" lol he was a legend for Somerset football. They need him back!

He's called some games this year but he's had some health issues and he's a Dean at Somerset Community College so he may just be taking a little break. He's the radio host for all Somerset sports, not just football. Jon Burlew is his name and when it comes to high school sports radio, he's one of the best in the business. He's a diehard Jumper at heart but I've heard many times where visiting team's fans will listen to the Somerset radio broadcast and still enjoy it. Jon Burlew and Tim Washam do a fantastic job.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • nemo, Tigerallamerican
(10-13-2021, 10:17 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(10-12-2021, 05:20 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: Off subject but what happened to Somerset's football announcer? It seems like they have a new guy this year. I loved hearing the old announcer say "first down jumperssss" lol he was a legend for Somerset football. They need him back!

He's called some games this year but he's had some health issues and he's a Dean at Somerset Community College so he may just be taking a little break. He's the radio host for all Somerset sports, not just football. Jon Burlew is his name and when it comes to high school sports radio, he's one of the best in the business. He's a diehard Jumper at heart but I've heard many times where visiting team's fans will listen to the Somerset radio broadcast and still enjoy it. Jon Burlew and Tim Washam do a fantastic job.
He's talking  about the announcer at the game not the lake Cumberland 106 announcer. Jon has done every game on the radio this year.

(10-14-2021, 02:31 AM)foozeball80 Wrote:

He's talking  about the announcer at the game not the lake Cumberland 106 announcer. Jon has done every game on the radio this year.
And as for the question I have no idea, but was wondering the same thing. This I'll have to find out what happened.

And as for the question I have no idea, but was wondering the same thing. This I'll have to find out what happened.

Oh I thought I had heard him Tim with someone else last week so I assumed that's what he was talking about, I only turned on the radio for a minute though. I knew I'd heard Jon on there at Hazard and Williamsburg.
(10-14-2021, 10:46 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
Jon called the game with Tim, and stat man. I had to listen to it Friday.Theyre has been someone else calling the game over the briar patch, but don't know who yet. Could just be a fill in. And different guys on lake Cumberland sports as well. Im use to Reed and Staton but I don't think they call anymore since Reeds boy is playing. 

Oh I thought I had heard him Tim with someone else last week so I assumed that's what he was talking about, I only turned on the radio for a minute though. I knew I'd heard Jon on there at Hazard and Williamsburg.

(10-14-2021, 12:33 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 10:46 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
Jon called the game with Tim, and stat man. I had to listen to it Friday.Theyre has been someone else calling the game over the briar patch, but don't know who yet. Could just be a fill in. And different guys on lake Cumberland sports as well. Im use to Reed and Staton but I don't think they call anymore since Reeds boy is playing. 

(10-13-2021, 10:17 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: He's called some games this year but he's had some health issues and he's a Dean at Somerset Community College so he may just be taking a little break. He's the radio host for all Somerset sports, not just football. Jon Burlew is his name and when it comes to high school sports radio, he's one of the best in the business. He's a diehard Jumper at heart but I've heard many times where visiting team's fans will listen to the Somerset radio broadcast and still enjoy it. Jon Burlew and Tim Washam do a fantastic job.

I was told the PA announcer was former Briar Jumper Josh Cimala, who was filling in for Jonathon Absher.

I think LCA wins it 49-6.
I’m not making a prediction!!

Is he talking about Burlew or Abshear?  Abshear does the PA at the games and has always does the Touchdown or First Down Jumpersssss.