Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 67 - Ashland 33
OffTheHook Wrote:I didn't listen to the game. So I don't know.

I was just letting you, well everybody know...sarrr didnt start a rumor. It was on the radio. Hold on I'll pm you.
lol your pm just popped up.
PM me too then, I wanna hear this...
Would love to get a pm knowing all about it as well if someone would..Thanks!
I don't want to start any rumors thats why Im not posting...but it was on the radio.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just as Matt Thomas and everyone else for Ashland played the entire game.

I find it odd that nobody has even mentioned that Ashland tried to score a touchdown with a couple of seconds left on the clock by Matt Thomas. This is the same type of mentality that Bryan Station had when they played earlier in the year. If you dont want someone to rub it in, then reciprocate by putting in your own subs when the game is technically over. I will give the coach from Bryan Staion credit though. He admitted he got what was coming to him.

Are you really serious? What did Ashland and Matt Thomas have to lose? I mean it was the last game of his career and the last game of the season for Ashland. There is no book of understood coaching laws, but I think in this situation and in Bryan Station's defense that they would keep their starters in to keep it respectable.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Just as Matt Thomas and everyone else for Ashland played the entire game.

I find it odd that nobody has even mentioned that Ashland tried to score a touchdown with a couple of seconds left on the clock by Matt Thomas. This is the same type of mentality that Bryan Station had when they played earlier in the year. If you dont want someone to rub it in, then reciprocate by putting in your own subs when the game is technically over. I will give the coach from Bryan Staion credit though. He admitted he got what was coming to him.
Why the defensive reply??? I was just asking because I had heard he did, scoring his last TD with the game already decided.

I only ask because Central has aspirations of going deep into the playoffs.
Why risk injury to your star running back with the game already in the books???

What would happen to JC playoff hopes if Grimm had gotten injured trying to get meaningless yardage late in the game???

BTW...I didn't bring up Ashland because how the other team responds has nothing to do with it, IMO
I sent ya one Redneck
:please:

Well let me in on what they're saying as well. I got a break between horse races, I need some entertainment.
Well seeing as it was the last game for Ashland and the last game of the senior's careers, why not let them get every second they can out of it? But by the time the day is over, everyone will know what the big contoversy is about so I don't see why not just telling everyone lol.
Because apparently said rumor's source is the radio guy from Ashland that everyone loves and adores so much. He must be the owner, because with as much bad rep as someone like that has brought to the Ashland program, I think I would have fired him.

I didn't know this when I made my original post. Sorry.

Anyway... See y'all at CAM next week
Congrats JC
i dont see why ashland was a 2-8 ball team this year...maybe the thoughts of playing johnson central boosted them or something because they didnt play like a team that was struggling. I am a johnson central fan all the way and i give ashland a lot credit on offense. At times in the game they could march the football w/ ease...matt thomas ran the ball well. I guess there downfall was on defense, wasnt too hard for JC to get into the endzone. J K was on the money with his passes, I was impressed!
The Blue Blur Wrote:Are you really serious? What did Ashland and Matt Thomas have to lose? I mean it was the last game of his career and the last game of the season for Ashland. There is no book of understood coaching laws, but I think in this situation and in Bryan Station's defense that they would keep their starters in to keep it respectable.
Matney quoted after the Bryan Station game that he tried to put his younger kids in the game and they were just over whelmed by the much bigger and stronger kids of Bryan Station and were getting hurt so he had no option but to reinsert the starters. Bryan Station's coach in turn quoted in the Lex. Herald that it was his fault that the score ended up being a blow out.

As far as the Ashland game, IDK what the philosopy was, but when you have morons like Dickie Martin running their mouths on and off the air, you can't help but think that a message was being sent. There has been some very bad blood between Ashland and JC since the infamous missed FG deal and I would not be surprised that the spanking is just another item of continuation in the series. Lets just face it, Ashland hates JC and JC hates Ashland.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Why the defensive reply??? I was just asking because I had heard he did, scoring his last TD with the game already decided.

I only ask because Central has aspirations of going deep into the playoffs.
Why risk injury to your star running back with the game already in the books???

What would happen to JC playoff hopes if Grimm had gotten injured trying to get meaningless yardage late in the game???

BTW...I didn't bring up Ashland because how the other team responds has nothing to do with it, IMO

Didn't mean to be defensive. IDK what the reason was, other than the pride issue that goes with the game. You just have to understand the history of Matney vs. Ashland, I guess. The bad blood does not begin with his tenure at JC. It goes all the way back to his days at Sheldon Clark. Most of you all don't know Dickie Martin, other than to hear him on the radio. I personally do know him and he is one of the most obnoxious individuals God ever put on this earth. All I can say is I can understand where anyone would be coming from in wanting to shut him up and the troops he rallies up behind him. Just my opinion.
Dickie Martin is up front and honest with his opinion. He speaks his mind on and off the air. No different than any of us speaking our minds on this message board. At least you know where he stands!!! Mr. Kimball, I've seen you come on here and blast Starns all last season. What's the difference in you speaking your mind on here and Dickie doing it on the radio???
cooter Wrote:Dickie Martin is up front and honest with his opinion. He speaks his mind on and off the air. No different than any of us speaking our minds on this message board. At least you know where he stands!!! Mr. Kimball, I've seen you come on here and blast Starn's all last season. What's the difference in you speaking your mind on here and Dickie doing it on the radio???
I dont mean to sound rude, but it is little concern to me what you think of my position on either party. I have my reasons.

Please forgive my bluntness, as I have never had any issues with you previously. As I said, I have my reasons.

As you said about Dickie, at least I am honest and you know where I stand. I am certainly not a honey dripper.
Why does everyone get so bent out of shape when a team wins by 40 or more? It's up to the other team to stop you. This late in the season is when a coach needs to be sure his team is doing what needs to be done to be ready for the playoffs. Coach Matney was probabely working on his teams offense and treating it like a practice. If your star gets injured he gets injured, but he still needs to work on things just like everyone else.
Just as i expected. Now its time for the Tomcats to lick there wounds and prepare for a more successful season next year.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I dont mean to sound rude, but it is little concern to me what you think of my position on either party. I have my reasons.

Please forgive my bluntness, as I have never had any issues with you previously. As I said, I have my reasons.

As you said about Dickie, at least I am honest and you know where I stand. I am certainly not a honey dripper.

Please, can we stay on topic and discuss the Ashland/Johnson Central "game" and not the opinions of the announcers of the game from the radio. It's bad enough that professional radio people feel the need to express their arrogance over the airwaves, but myself, along with others on this forum are sick and tired of "know it all members" expressing theirs. Please, let your opinion be heard, but let's cut the rudeness and arrogance and get along.
Personally, I think Matney was just tryin to get some players' stats up from the pervious week.
i don't care if you are playing the kentucky school of the Blind, You don't run up the score on any team when you know that you have them beat,you just don't do it,You take your starts out and be done with it,
red_devils_rule Wrote:i don't care if you are playing the kentucky school of the Blind, You don't run up the score on any team when you know that you have them beat,you just don't do it,You take your starts out and be done with it,
Again, I think it depends on the time of year as to what you are trying to accomplish. Some teams will contend for a state title and need to be in top form at the end of the regular season.
I also think that weaker teams need to control the ball more when they know they are outmatched. Just an opinion.
congratz
Congrats JC!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats JC
That is the pot calling the kettle black. Two years ago, Ashland ran the score up on P'burg so high that it was a disgrace for the Tomcats. Not to mention the poor sportsmanship that the team, fans & coach displayed. I don't think anyone for Ashland should speak of anyone in that way just because they got what they deserved.
Midee1 Wrote:I hear that Dicky Martin called Matney a jerk over the radio for running up the score.

Ashland ran the score up on P'burg a couple of years ago, so that would be the pot calling the kettle black. I witnessed the poorest sportsmanship in Ashland that I have ever seen at any ball game. Remarks like this, when it is done by the one making the remark, just extends the sportsmanship that I have grown to expect from the Tomcats.
First off, I listened to the game on the radio and wouldn't say in the least bit that JC ran up the score. It's a good rivalry and both teams kept in their starters. 34 points is nowhere close to running up the score.

In reference to P-burg, I wouldn't refer to that as running up the score either. The final was 55-9. The Ashland starters played the entire first half, but didn't take one snap in the 2nd half at all. For a team to be running up the score in my mind, you have to keep in your starters and keep putting a lot of points on the board AFTER you've reached the differential to start a continuous clock which happened in neither of these cases.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]