Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berea 34 - Powell Co. 19
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Blitz honestly, If you could establish another running back for next season, someone who could carry his part of the load, would #3 be the qb if so?

I would like to see your response also blitz. Then if/when it is proven the other can't play QB for several reasons, I would like to see the excuses then. Please redo the stats so we can see ourselves and have our own opinion. From what I have seen from you blitz, you have your numbers in order. :thumpsup:
MR.PERFECT Wrote:mabey those from Powell say Powell doesn't even have 1 average player (not one) should not open their mouths. wow................... I saw Powell play Jackson,
#5 and the Rose kid were above average, I'd even go as far to say they were pretty good. Here's a good quote for you " Those who will go as low as too say Powell does not even have 1 (not one) A-V-E-R-A-G-E PLAYER ON THE TEAM should not open their mouths because you just belittled every player on that team. Powell wasn't great but I saw a couple of pretty good football players out there for them the game I saw.

Where are the last quotation marks? That is really more of a statement and/or opinion.
OLDTIMER#1 Wrote:I have to agree with "Booya", the question asked by yourself was "did the D not show up or what" nothing about the QB was mentioned. :moon:

Nice point! I love Powell threads. I was told to check them out. Very funny stuff!!! :Clap:
I watched Berea last week whent ehy came to Williamson WV, and I really figured Powell would beat them. But congrats to Berea they did seem like a classy bunch.
Belfry Wins Wrote:I watched Berea last week whent ehy came to Williamson WV, and I really figured Powell would beat them. But congrats to Berea they did seem like a classy bunch.

Powell couldn't beat an egg. Their players quit too easy and they lack support by the community. I do think the coach there can turn it around but this year wasn't the year.
just thought it should be mentioned yes the defense did show up but when the qb's throw 5 interceptions there is not much the defense can do. maybe if the qb's would use a little better judgement and throw the ball to more than just 1 or 2 players the outcome would have been different. but, berea won and they did have class. hats off to the berea players and staff that helped the ledford kid. berea outplayed powell and that was that. next year will be a new season. see ya then. oh by the way, mr. perfect. there is a reason u do not coach in powell county.
Booya Wrote:Powell couldn't beat an egg. Their players quit too easy and they lack support by the community. I do think the coach there can turn it around but this year wasn't the year.
Coudn't beat an egg that is funny lol.
Berea lost to Williamson last week, but I say the trip had a lot to do with that, neither team was very exciting to watch, but they had this one real big kid he had a lineman number and he ran the ball well. It was a close game, sad thing is it is lookign like Williamson will finish 7-3 and barely make the WV single a playoffs. But they will be on the road probably against one of the states best teams, in Wheeling Central, they are a machine lol.
NEERSFAN2270 Wrote:tough break for the kid... at least he's ok... we play Knott Central next week away...thanks... and good luck next year.. we can't wait to play you guys again...

Is the game at Powell next year?
qb destroyer Wrote:just thought it should be mentioned yes the defense did show up but when the qb's throw 5 interceptions there is not much the defense can do. maybe if the qb's would use a little better judgement and throw the ball to more than just 1 or 2 players the outcome would have been different. but, berea won and they did have class. hats off to the berea players and staff that helped the ledford kid. berea outplayed powell and that was that. next year will be a new season. see ya then. oh by the way, mr. perfect. there is a reason u do not coach in powell county.

So what you are saying is, that Powell players did not help their own teammate off the field? I think PRETTY GOOD players would help their teammate off the field instead of letting the other team. Done with this thread. WOW Sad
qb destroyer Wrote:just thought it should be mentioned yes the defense did show up but when the qb's throw 5 interceptions there is not much the defense can do. maybe if the qb's would use a little better judgement and throw the ball to more than just 1 or 2 players the outcome would have been different. but, berea won and they did have class. hats off to the berea players and staff that helped the ledford kid. berea outplayed powell and that was that. next year will be a new season. see ya then. oh by the way, mr. perfect. there is a reason u do not coach in powell county.
Yeah I know and it was my choice not too.
bigbill2 Wrote:Is the game at Powell next year?
I would not even be worrying about that right now, I can assure you Estill is not.
It won't matter where it's played Estill will be even better.
Powell's skill will be alot better next year with Rose and the younger players getting alot better. But it will be 2 years before they beat Estill or have a chance.
I'd love to see Powell become competetive
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I would not even be worrying about that right now, I can assure you Estill is not.

I didnt ask that. Your a prick! Too bad you get on this website were nobody knows who you are and talk thrash about people who you dont even know. What a coward.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Blitz honestly, If you could establish another running back for next season, someone who could carry his part of the load, would #3 be the qb if so?
Thats not up to me to decide.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I would not even be worrying about that right now, I can assure you Estill is not.

What does Estill have to do with this thread? I thought it was about Powell and Berea.:confused:
bigbill2 Wrote:I didnt ask that. Your a prick! Too bad you get on this website were nobody knows who you are and talk thrash about people who you dont even know. What a coward.

Wow, I would have to agree. I would say you know who it is. Probably couldn't coach if it were put in front of them.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Powell's skill will be alot better next year with Rose and the younger players getting alot better. But it will be 2 years before they beat Estill or have a chance.

What kid is supposed to be so good that is coming back. Is Powell expecting some recruits to come in? That is the only way they will get skilled positions. I saw nothing at the game to be excited about for next year except for the young Berea team. With good coaching they could be decent. Been a while since I saw linemen chase backs down from behind. Berea is a young team, check out their roster.
blitz43 Wrote:Thats not up to me to decide.

I can answer for you blitz. NO! The kid is plainly NOT a QB. His throwing motion does not compare to the other kid on the team, that simply says enough.
bigbill2 Wrote:I didnt ask that. Your a prick! Too bad you get on this website were nobody knows who you are and talk thrash about people who you dont even know. What a coward.
I wouldn't worry about that right now means " I wouldn't be worrying about the Estill game right now for next year because theyre not". I would be worrying about Powell and getting stronger for next season. By the way your the one who mentioned the Estill game on a Powell Berea thread. Estill is worried about the playoffs not next years game with Powell. Powell should not evcen worry about the Estill game right now, just need to get strongerand focus on that and that only. Making a habbit of going aaround cussing people won't get you no where in life.
Meaning Estill is worried about the playoffs not next years Powell game, Powell needs to concentrate on getting stronger not Estill next year, There is 9 other games on their schedule.
Booya Wrote:What kid is supposed to be so good that is coming back. Is Powell expecting some recruits to come in? That is the only way they will get skilled positions. I saw nothing at the game to be excited about for next year except for the young Berea team. With good coaching they could be decent. Been a while since I saw linemen chase backs down from behind. Berea is a young team, check out their roster.
Jesse Rose and they need to get the Suns kid back out, They dominated at the middle school. Rose at qb and Suns at tailback. Be a very quick backfield with alot of speed.
Both can run and make plays, You gotta have guys that can run back there.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Jesse Rose and they need to get the Suns kid back out, They dominated at the middle school. Rose at qb and Suns at tailback. Be a very quick backfield with alot of speed.
Both can run and make plays, You gotta have guys that can run back there.

From what I have heard is that the Suns kid quit quite often throughout the year and I understand that the Rose boy has thrown more INT than TD at qb. I know that you are a parent of one or the either so I will put in nicely. Rose can not play qb. I saw one game and he played a couple plays and threw it right to the db. I know that this may hurt, but good qbs make plays. Plus them being good in middle school doesn't many anything except they are either older or matured quicker. In high school kids even up and the good middle school kids sometimes get passed by people that are just now maturing. Also, if you seem so interested in Powell winning then why do you tear them down so much. I could never imagine myself writing something about my team south of the border. You need to step back and realize it is people like you that keep this team from achieving more success, not that Rose or Suns aren't featured. I know you are there and a bigger part of the program and I am only a hs football fan that watches games here and there, but I can see that you have some sort of extra agenda in the Rose kid playing qb. Maybe you are related or a close friend, but your attitude is aweful and it seems somewhat melanoma-esque. This will be my last post on the Powell, I hope them the best and Mr. NotsoPerfect I hope you realize the error of your ways and help to build up these kids not maliciously tear them down.
Booya Wrote:From what I have heard is that the Suns kid quit quite often throughout the year and I understand that the Rose boy has thrown more INT than TD at qb. I know that you are a parent of one or the either so I will put in nicely. Rose can not play qb. I saw one game and he played a couple plays and threw it right to the db. I know that this may hurt, but good qbs make plays. Plus them being good in middle school doesn't many anything except they are either older or matured quicker. In high school kids even up and the good middle school kids sometimes get passed by people that are just now maturing. Also, if you seem so interested in Powell winning then why do you tear them down so much. I could never imagine myself writing something about my team south of the border. You need to step back and realize it is people like you that keep this team from achieving more success, not that Rose or Suns aren't featured. I know you are there and a bigger part of the program and I am only a hs football fan that watches games here and there, but I can see that you have some sort of extra agenda in the Rose kid playing qb. Maybe you are related or a close friend, but your attitude is aweful and it seems somewhat melanoma-esque. This will be my last post on the Powell, I hope them the best and Mr. NotsoPerfect I hope you realize the error of your ways and help to build up these kids not maliciously tear them down.

Well put booya. I think all know who it is and if so, this person has been a negative impact on the program. Believe you hit the nail on the head, must be a father who obviously thinks his child is the best. I don't remember their middle school program being very dominate. You can take an older middle school kid and win a couple at that level. Marry middle school is not the same as Harry high school. You have made two good points. :moon:
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I wouldn't worry about that right now means " I wouldn't be worrying about the Estill game right now for next year because theyre not". I would be worrying about Powell and getting stronger for next season. By the way your the one who mentioned the Estill game on a Powell Berea thread. Estill is worried about the playoffs not next years game with Powell. Powell should not evcen worry about the Estill game right now, just need to get strongerand focus on that and that only. Making a habbit of going aaround cussing people won't get you no where in life.

Sounds like the pot is calling the kettle black!Confusedhh:
I think this will make a good ending point for this one.