Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmie Johnson-Nextel Cup Champion?
After Jimmie's win at Texas and only two races left he has taken the lead in the chase for the cup by 30 points. Does Jimmie win it all or does Gordon pull it together and take the cup, or could somone else still be lurking and waiting to make a move??
Its between him and Jeff Gordon. But I don't think Jeff will let him win back-to-back Nextel Cup Championships, thats why I think Gordon will win it.
Johnson will deff win the Nextel Cup IMO, he has won 3 straight races and Im pretty sure there aint many races left. I would have loved to seen Tony win it this year but the way Johnson and his crew been this year, Hes deff won this IMO.
From what I have read, I would say that it is Johnson's to lose. But one small mistake (someone else's mistake) could cost him dearly with a low finish. I have all the faith in the Hendrick engines not going bad, but a crash could really shake things up. But Johnson is being extra cautious, he even asked his crew if it was worth going for the win last week because he didn't want to get into a battle for the lead and risk losing his car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here are the ways for the top 3 to win the cup: (From espn.com)

1) Jimmie Johnson Chase leader

2) Jeff Gordon (-30 points)

If he finishes nine places better than Johnson in each of the next two races, or if he wins out and leads the most laps in each event

3) Clint Bowyer (-181)

If he wins out and leads the most laps in each event, and needs for Johnson to average a 22nd-place finish or worse
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]