Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co./Male Updates
Breathitt was doing well but fel into Male's trap. It's 18-12, Male after the Bobcats initially jumped out to a 12-5 lead.

A few dunks later and it's 48-22, Male. Breathitt was handling the pressure early (limiting Male to one shot and keeping them from scoring and setting up helped immensely) but now their kids are leaving each other against full court pressure and you just can't do that against a team as good as Male.

Great to see at least one Breathitt kid with the peach fuzz mustache. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Takes me back to playing against Sebastian Middle School.
Fan favorite Andrew Vrbancic hits a 3-pointer to give Male 15 3-pointers, a Sweet 16 single-game record. Bulldogs win 94-59.
Breathitt trying to break a record for fouls in a game now.
Radio announcers said Breathitt was getting layups off the Male double team and traps early; Pretty much any shot they wanted.

Then, BHS missed a dunk on an open layup and it sounded like Bobcats started jacking up 3’s and missing them and Male could not miss their transition threes. Coupled with a short bench, some foul trouble, and a lot of turnovers- Male just pulled away.

Big difference in geography; school size, and magnet program at Male; Breathitt kids been through a lot and at least made it to Rupp.

Good luck to Male!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROTC's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Laughing at anyone in Jackson who thought they actually had a chance. Sperry and Collins were ghosts today.
Where was the great football coach Kyle Moore defense that he said he brought to the team????? It was ever man for himself and the great football coach done nothing about it.

Male just flat out embarrassed Breathitt County.
I’ll say it again, ANY 14th region team that makes it to the state tournament should consider it a great accomplishment but when it comes to winning any games at Rupp, good luck. You could take the 5 best players in the 14th this season and you probably wouldn’t have beaten Male. The talent level from top to bottom is superior and it will likely always be that way.

Also, 16 total points from Sperry & Collins and 11 turnovers between the two is not going to get it done no matter who you play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackAndYellow's post:
  • Cactus Jack
Think Male would beat Hazard by about 15-20. Probably beaten Perry by 50.
(03-16-2023, 02:42 PM)spectator 101 Wrote: Where was the great football coach Kyle Moore defense that he said he brought to the team????? It was ever man for himself and the great football coach done nothing about it.

Anyone who saw Breathitt in December would know the guy did a tremendous job to end the season at Rupp Arena.
[-] The following 2 users Like HCS's post:
  • Cactus Jack, PopKorn
Breathitt was ever man for himself trying to out do each other and anyone that watched the game seen it also. AND the great defensive coach Kyle Moore did not do one thing to stop it.

(03-16-2023, 03:43 PM)HCS Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 02:42 PM)spectator 101 Wrote: Where was the great football coach Kyle Moore defense that he said he brought to the team????? It was ever man for himself and the great football coach done nothing about it.

Anyone who saw Breathitt in December would know the guy did a tremendous job to end the season at Rupp Arena.
This is not true the Janitor at breathitt could have coached this team to Rupp and everyone knows that. Breathitt was like a college team to everyone else in the 14th.
(03-16-2023, 02:29 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: Laughing at anyone in Jackson who thought they actually had a chance. Sperry and Collins were ghosts today.

Classless post. It was a great season for Breathitt to end the year at Rupp Arena, especially with everything that happened.
[-] The following 2 users Like HCS's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Runnin' Clock
(03-16-2023, 03:51 PM)HCS Wrote:
(03-16-2023, 02:29 PM)RockyRoad Wrote: Laughing at anyone in Jackson who thought they actually had a chance. Sperry and Collins were ghosts today.

Classless post. It was a great season for Breathitt to end the year at Rupp Arena, especially with everything that happened.

Truth hurts. 10 points and 8 turnovers, Sperry is no D1 athlete.
(03-16-2023, 05:11 PM)RockyRoad Wrote:

He’s not even close to playing D-1
Hope y’all enjoyed watching the bobcats play in rupp from home! I’m super proud o them. When you talk bad about specific players, I hope you keep in mind they are children!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bobcatfan34's post:
  • Runnin' Clock
(03-16-2023, 05:24 PM)spectator 101 Wrote:

Judging from the tremendously stupid posts you've made over the last week or so you have not only never played organized sports but haven't been around them much. Shouting that Breathitt was going to win the whole thing and embarrass everyone? Everyone let it go figuring you are a kid. You need to slink away.
Well in fairness BC kids doesn't control it's schedule. They did what they needed to do to get to Rupp which damn most players in the state of Ky will never do. They may not have done well but they were there and those memories will last a lifetime.

Strength of schedule is real. BC don't exactly play the strongest of schedules. Again that is not there fault. Male does play a beast of a schedule.

Which is why the next game up tonight may get ugly as well. FD may put a serious hurt on Martin Co. GRC and NL both played damn strong schedules this season. That is why, in my opinion, which means nothing that it will be the best game of the 1st round.
(03-16-2023, 06:10 PM)Slim one Wrote:

Judging from the tremendously stupid posts you've made over the last week or so you have not only never played organized sports but haven't been around them much. Shouting that Breathitt was going to win the whole thing and embarrass everyone? Everyone let it go figuring you are a kid. You need to slink away.
I know i’m so embarrassed i know you have always always Slim one just made the most intelligent post ever post you make. I was trying to see just how intelligent you was to comment on it slim one.
(03-16-2023, 06:10 PM)Slim one Wrote:

Let’s hear about your all American high school and college careers. You state tourney records and HOF induction date. I really hope your not an adult who gets on here and bashes kids by name. Of your a jealous teen then can overlook some of it but if not really sad.
Sperry is a Sophomore and has a lot of improvement to do if he wants to go D1. But he has time and he goes to the camps and such to get the instruction. So I think he will be more disciplined as a player and a person as he grows.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Man alive Male can’t shoot 3’s. Hard to stop that. Great tourney thus far..
Great season Bobcats, definitely one for me he history books.

Agree! Plus his technical showed every college coach in attendance he isn’t what they want. He showed everyone he isn’t what the Breathitt clan says he is.
I think I’ve been saying this about sperry for two years… but the breathitt faithful just called me names and ridiculed me. Truth hurts and some don’t/can’t handle the truth
He grabbed gates arm during the timeout: good for gates not knocking him out lol.
Hats off to all my boys for overcoming so much adversity to take the 14th region crown. Breathitt becomes the first team ever to beat Knott, Hazard and Perry to win the 14th region. A truly historical run that may never be duplicated again.

If you play your last game at Rupp then the season was a great success. Congrats to this special group of kids
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Mountain Monster