Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Derrick Newsome out at Betsy Layne
(05-17-2023, 05:01 PM)BillSelf Wrote:
(05-17-2023, 04:28 PM)100%SUCCESS Wrote: Coaching is more than just winning games.

Yeah, certainly seems like you gotta make everyone happy or else. Gotta be controlled like a puppet. You make the wrong parents mad and you’re gone. 

The one it seems like BLHS is hiring had shouting matches with fans in games he reffed, verbal abuse of players and getting into it with parents.

After next season, another political move will be made. As another coach will be hired. You heard it here first.
It will be interesting to see who is hired and if the players come back to play for whomever is named. They may see an exodus to Pike & Johnson counties. There is some talent there and with what will be coming up from elementary in the next couple of seasons it could be great with the right hire & bad with the wrong one. It would be nice to see the names that put in for the position.
BL should be announcing their decision shortly.  I wouldn't expect them to lose many if any players.
Was told parents demanded for this guy or they would have been a mass exodus
Mike Howard named coach
Let's kick winners out bc parents unhappy. Sounds like the right move to make typical if you ask me. Hall was a winner at the middle school level. Between playing time and not voting for all 30 kids on the teams for the all mighty D&D middle school All star game parents quickly turned on him. You make the one group mad they pull the rest in with it.
Newsome was a winner but again certain parents upset about their kid not being the star and he was forced to resign.
(05-17-2023, 06:15 PM)Dawgs01 Wrote: Was told parents demanded for this guy or they would have been a mass exodus
Not all of them is what I'm hearing