Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Democrat approval rating in congress is...
19% according the latest NBC/WSJ poll.

Congrats guys (and gals).

Bush is at a whopping 36% in the latest rasmussen poll. Meaning that 90% more people approve of the Bush adminstration than the Democratic controlled Congress. Smile Smile

Heckuvajob.
Didn't that poll register the overall approval rating of Congress? I did not read it as saying that democrates were at 19% while Republicans were higher. True enough, the Democrats are in the majority, but unless a group has a filibuster proof majority, the minority can, basically, stalemate everything. I know a guy whose bowels function at 36%... he's full of a lot of crap.
thecavemaster Wrote:Didn't that poll register the overall approval rating of Congress? I did not read it as saying that democrates were at 19% while Republicans were higher. True enough, the Democrats are in the majority, but unless a group has a filibuster proof majority, the minority can, basically, stalemate everything. I know a guy whose bowels function at 36%... he's full of a lot of crap.

Nor did I report it as Republicans polling higher? :confused:

Bush polls higher. Thats all. And not by a small amount. nearly twice as many people support him and approve of his job, compared to congress. Smile
Neither Bush or congress is worth a **** so what does it matter?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Neither Bush or congress is worth a **** so what does it matter?

Not really, and I agree. Just making the point that as bad as Bush has been... the dems in charge of Congress are the biggest failures ever. Having nearly twice as many people support this president is telling of what we're dealing with.
ronald_reagan Wrote:Not really, and I agree. Just making the point that as bad as Bush has been... the dems in charge of Congress are the biggest failures ever. Having nearly twice as many people support this president is telling of what we're dealing with.

Didn't you just suggest that you were not offering your assessment as a evaluation of Democrats in Congress, as the Congressional poll covers both parties, not just the Majority party? "...the dems in charge of Congress are the biggest faliures ever..."
thecavemaster Wrote:Didn't you just suggest that you were not offering your assessment as a evaluation of Democrats in Congress, as the Congressional poll covers both parties, not just the Majority party? "...the dems in charge of Congress are the biggest faliures ever..."

Yes. Thats exactly what I said. Thanks for making it a point once again.

Dems in congress are the biggest failures ever. Republicans as well. What you continue to do is not put all the pieces of the puzzle out there, only using what works for ya. I never said republicans were NOT failures. But as YOU said, dems control congress. Thus the majority of the blame lays on them for their low approval numbers.

The point is made, the fact is stated. Bush enjoys roughly double the support of the American people, when compared to Democratic controlled congress. Whether you like that or not, matters in the least. :howdy:
It is not whether or not I like it but that you keep changing the dynamics of what you are/ are not saying then positing that as what the other person is doing. It's funny. You create a straw man, then destroy him and put a feather in your cap. It's funny.
thecavemaster Wrote:It's funny. You create a straw man, then destroy him and put a feather in your cap. It's funny.

:confused: :confused:
One major reform that the Democrats promised if they were given control of Congress was more days spent working on Capital Hill, who who can blame them. I'll admit that Republicans did a horrible job while there in 2006. Here is a basic outline of the 2006 year:
January: In session for 1/2 hour on Jan. 31.
February: In session for 2 days for 3 weeks. 6 days total
March: In session for 9 days
April: 6 days of work followed by "Spring Vacation" from the 6th-25th
May: 13 days of work
June: 16 days in DC
July: 12 days
August: ZERO days
September: 14 days
October: 4 days
November: 2 days
December: 5 days

But then again, the schedule for this year made by the Dems with their major changes to work still allows for 20 weeks off including no work after Oct. 26! Not bad for someone making $162,500 a year. But they do need to get some work done!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:One major reform that the Democrats promised if they were given control of Congress was more days spent working on Capital Hill, who who can blame them. I'll admit that Republicans did a horrible job while there in 2006. Here is a basic outline of the 2006 year:
January: In session for 1/2 hour on Jan. 31.
February: In session for 2 days for 3 weeks. 6 days total
March: In session for 9 days
April: 6 days of work followed by "Spring Vacation" from the 6th-25th
May: 13 days of work
June: 16 days in DC
July: 12 days
August: ZERO days
September: 14 days
October: 4 days
November: 2 days
December: 5 days

But then again, the schedule for this year made by the Dems with their major changes to work still allows for 20 weeks off including no work after Oct. 26! Not bad for someone making $162,500 a year. But they do need to get some work done!!

If congress would get on the ball and do their job and stop 'condemning actions', naming highways, making holidays, applauding sports teams, ect... things would get done. Lets get some stuff done!!! And my friends here, the democrats aren't going to do it.

But beef, Let me respond to your numbers that you posted above. For 2nd year congresses, its about on par, and above so in some areas.

According to the congressional quarterly (the numbers you use) and doing custom math upon them we arrive at the following:

Senate Average work days, since 1995 (earliest record) = 156 days total, 137 for second year congresses, and 133 for the 109th congress (2nd year year).

Combined total bills introduced in session for 2nd year congress since 1995 (3701 per session, the congress you mentioned was in session for closer to 4600 hours) roughly 25% more than the 12 year running average.

The point I'm trying to make is that the house and senate only have as much power as they do support from the american people. And when you have 19% support, its two fold... the americans don't support your ideas, and because of your inaction, they WONT support you.

We need to look at the big pictures, not the small numbers.