Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
8/18 Belfry @ Breathitt Co
Too many questions for the bobcats at the QB position. Look for a close first half with the pirates pulling away in the 2nd half. 

Belfry- 35
Bobcats- 14
I don't really know what all Belfry has coming back but unless Breathitt is going to line it up and run it 90% of the time like they should with personnel they have ( just like Belfry has for years) Breathitt will struggle. I have next to no confidence in any QB on the roster at this point in time. You gotta let the run game carry you while breaking in an inexperienced QB. I would throw some jump balls to Sperry and mix in some reverses and simple rpos.

I think if this game was in November I would give the edge to Breathitt especially at home.
Friday night I think I would give a slight edge to Belfry.
This game is super interesting as it will tell a lot about each of these teams. Any idea if it will be streamed anywhere?

This early I’m going to pick Breathitt but come November I feel like Belfry may well be the better team
BSN and Hometown 24 will be streaming it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UKisN1's post:
  • BoondockSaint
Pirates 35
Bobcats 24
I want to say Belfry wins comfortably but I’m not sold on that idea. But I’ll say Belfry wins by a couple scores, I think it could be a very close game or if Belfry is as improved as some have said they should be then I think the Pirates may win comfortably.
The only plus for Breathitt in this matchup in my opinion is they geared to stop the run. They will try to blow the line up at the LOS.
But that aggressiveness could cost them too.
The game will depend on who makes the most mistakes if Breathitt can keep from turning the ball over and maintain the field advantage and make belfry have to constantly have a long field, to make the inexperienced Line of belfry to face the stingy D Line of the Bobcats I feel as though this is more likely , but on the other side a lot of unknown for both sides.

With both sides , a lot of unknown , the game being at Breathitt , with a experienced group of linebackers and a offensive line with a year of experience as a unit and depth on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

I feel Breathitt has a advantage and with the ability of wideouts like Sperry and Turner and backs like Gibson and Combs and the Gadget player than play both in Bowling , it will not be a root by either side
I give the home team the advantage
28-22 Breathitt
This is an important opening game for Belfry. That is a rare thing to say for a Haywood coached team. However….last years squad struggled mightily on the road with turnovers and general poor play. Very atypical for a Belfry team.

Hard to say how this one turns out. The optimist in me says that Belfry begins to return to its former self and puts the game away mid 3rd quarter with a long sustained drive and a quick strike TD. The realist in me fears the Pirates are still struggling with confidence, timing and youth.

Should be interesting. Gonna stick with Belfry. IMO, their offensive weapons will outlast the Bobcat defense and a couple of turnovers and open up with a victory in Jackson.
READY TO ROLL. Can't wait to see Sperry and the boys air attack. Belfry is a good one to see where we are at well coached.
(08-14-2023, 02:02 PM)fansville Wrote: This game is super interesting as it will tell a lot about each of these teams. Any idea if it will be streamed anywhere?

This early I’m going to pick Breathitt but come November I feel like Belfry may well be the better team
Bluegrass Sports Nation will broadcast the game on FB and Youtube
[-] The following 1 user Likes Wolfeman's post:
  • fansville
Is Blue grass sports nation a free site
(08-16-2023, 11:36 AM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Is Blue grass sports nation a free site
It’s free amd they do a really good job with commentary.
Breathitt 28
Belfry 21
After watching Pikeville and Breathitt scrimmage I will take Belfry by a whole lot.

40-16.
(08-16-2023, 11:38 AM)Wolfeman Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 11:36 AM)Belfry fan 75 Wrote: Is Blue grass sports nation a free site
It’s free amd they do a really good job

with commentary.

I usually mute the sound.  
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 1 user Likes Poseidon's post:
  • Beetlejuice
Belfry BIG
Belfry will be much better than people are expecting. Loaded at skill positions and offensive line big and nasty. If the defense can find an identity Belfry could be in the mix by playoff time.

This is a perfect situation for Haywood, let everyone sleep on ya and motivate to prove them wrong. Belfry’s ground and pound and ball control will eventually take its toll on Breathitt.

Belfry. 33
Breathitt Co. 20
Series tied at 9 a piece.
This has been a really good rivalry over last 25 years or so. Both teams knocking the other out of the playoffs on several occasions. I would love to see this turn into a home and home every year. I remember we played Belfry in the Honey Bowl in 97. That was the last year of the old stadium. That is probably still the biggest crowd I ever saw at Breathitt. This would be great for both teams and fanbases. I expect a big crowd tonight on the Riverbank.
(08-18-2023, 10:50 AM)wolfcat Wrote: This has been a really good rivalry over last 25 years or so. Both teams knocking the other out of the playoffs on several occasions. I would love to see this turn into a home and home every year. I remember we played Belfry in the Honey Bowl in 97. That was the last year of the old stadium. That is probably still the biggest crowd I ever saw at Breathitt. This would be great for both teams and fanbases. I expect a big crowd tonight on the Riverbank.
Yes.  I believe Breathitt 46 Belfry 0 was the score that night
should be a dandy
Belfry is down this year. But Breathitt front 7 soft. Will see if they worked on tackling drills this week or just pushed a sled while screaming “shoot ya g*ns” *with hand motion*
Let’s hope the livestream gets better
(08-12-2023, 03:06 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Belfry. 42
BHS.  6

Bhs just don’t have a QB and the coaching staff is flat out refusing to adjust to personal.
Well I was close