Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Carter’s playoff opponent withdraws from playoffs
From East Carter’s sports administration:

Late last night after the game our athletic administration received an email informing us that our next opponent has withdrawn from the playoffs. At this time we will have a bye week next week for the first round of the playoffs that could possibly change and if it does I will relay that information immediately.

Interesting I won’t be surprised if we see more of this. 
Who was it?
(10-28-2023, 12:50 PM)RTruth Wrote: Who was it?

Sorry I thought I listed it, It was Pendleton Co.
A lot of teams should do this. Others disagree; I know and I respect your right to believe what you want.

In 1986, I could have scheduled a boxing match with Mike Tyson. No matter how much my trainers told me I could win and even if I had wanted to go in the ring….. I would have gotten knocked out in 30 seconds.

Sometimes, you just need to know when to say when. This playoff system is PUNISHMENT to some programs.
[-] The following 2 users Like ROTC's post:
  • Gitback Coach, rookie57
(10-28-2023, 01:31 PM)ROTC Wrote: A lot of teams should do this.  Others disagree; I know and I respect your right to believe what you want.

In 1986, I could have scheduled a boxing match with Mike Tyson.  No matter how much my trainers told me I could win and even if I had wanted to go in the ring….. I would have gotten knocked out in 30 seconds.

Sometimes, you just need to know when to say when.  This playoff system is PUNISHMENT to some programs.
My thoughts are what about the good teams that have to play a bad team in the opening round for the sake of giving everyone an extra game?  Next week Raceland plays Berea who has been outscored 184-0 in their last 4 games.  I know a lot of people won’t agree with this but I don’t think that teams that are serious contenders should have to cater to bad teams like this just to give those teams one last game to play.
[-] The following 2 users Like Orange Blaze's post:
  • rookie57, ROTC
Considering Pendleton is 0-9 and was out scored 494-105
Wouldn't you forfeit?
And don’t they have some kind of “coaching issue” going on?

I’m fine with six classes; even though it isn’t ideal. It allows for more champions! That’s cool; I guess. Just give #1 a bye and let 2 play 3.

Nix RPI, play geographically and accept that you might have to beat a good team in the early rounds of the playoffs.
Interesting this morning the KHSAA did not even list the East Carter playoff game on the scoreboard, on the brackets it had them with a blank on the bottom. The bracket is still the same but the game is now listed on the scoreboard with all of the other playoff games but is East Carter vs. TBA (which I guess means to be announced) very strange.
Wouldn't surprise me if Pendleton Co has played their last varsity football game for a while.
The KHSAA removed the game from the listings where it had been TBA. They have gone on and moved East Carter to the next round to play the winner of the Lloyd vs. Fleming Co. game.
So today now we see there have been 2 other schools to forfeit out of the playoffs. In 1A Ballard Memorial who was to play Campbellsville and Trimble Co. who was to play Newport Central Catholic.
Ballard forfeited several weeks ago I am told.
(10-31-2023, 07:50 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Ballard forfeited several weeks ago I am told.

I guess they just updated everything this morning.
Six classes. Understandable.
I did some checking on this as I was really curious if Henry Clay would actually play Douglass. I found out that if a school forfeits after the Saturday when the regular season concludes they are not allowed to play in the district the following year according to the KHSAA. If they let the KHSAA and school, they are scheduled to play before the Saturday deadline there is no penalties whatsoever. I am just the messenger. I personally don't think there should be a Saturday deadline and you forfeit you do not compete in the district the next season.
(10-29-2023, 01:17 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if Pendleton Co has played their last varsity football game for a while.
Berea just forfeited to Raceland a few minutes ago.