Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 3 Powell County 2
Wolves go to Powell and pick up a big win on the Pirates senior night. Wolves looking to stay hot going into the postseason.
(05-08-2024, 08:30 PM)14th region fanman Wrote: Wolves go to Powell and pick up a big win on the Pirates senior night. Wolves looking to stay hot going into the postseason.
Who pitched for Powell
(05-08-2024, 08:34 PM)14th Official Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 08:30 PM)14th region fanman Wrote: Wolves go to Powell and pick up a big win on the Pirates senior night. Wolves looking to stay hot going into the postseason.
Who pitched for Powell
Lacy Dicken
(05-08-2024, 08:37 PM)Bulldog717 Wrote:
Who pitched for Powell
Lacy Dicken

(05-08-2024, 09:34 PM)Re2pect281 Wrote:
Was a great game.  Wolfe had a couple errors but didn’t let that beat them.  Much better Wolfe team than I’d watched previously.  The Hollon kid kept Powell off balance and threw 6 strong innings.  Evans came in for the save. The wolves ended up with 9-10 hits off Dicken.   They most definitely opened some eyes tonight.  
Lacy Dicken
They have won 14 out of their last 15 and have wins over every top team in the region in that stretch. This group has really grown up since last year. And should make a strong run this season and the next 2 seasons as well. With almost the entire team being sophomores on down other than Wilson who is a junior and Voils who is the lone senior.
Powell throws there proclaimed #1 and Wolfe throws there #2/3 in Hollan.

Looks like the region is wide open. Wolfe with back to back wins in the same district.

Wolfe schedule to play breathitt Monday I believe to seed the district.

Exciting post season!
Who pitched for Powell
Lacy Dicken

That’s odd to me they would show Wolfe their #1 2 weeks before the region starts? Lol!
(05-08-2024, 10:48 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: Powell throws there proclaimed #1 and Wolfe throws there #2/3 in Hollan.

Looks like the region is wide open. Wolfe with back to back wins in the same district.

Exciting post season

Not the Wolfe County of the old days for sure. They’ve got five or six kids that can take the ball on a ride. Pitching is strong, and they are well coached. Whisman is a stud and they hit the ball way better then they get credit for. I’m on the bandwagon as Wolfe being the top team in the region.
(05-08-2024, 11:42 PM)Bulldog19 Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 10:48 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: Powell throws there proclaimed #1 and Wolfe throws there #2/3 in Hollan.

Exciting post season

Not the Wolfe County of the old days for sure. They’ve got five or six kids that can take the ball on a ride. Pitching is strong, and they are well coached. Whisman is a stud and they hit the ball way better then they get credit for. I’m on the bandwagon as Wolfe being the top team in the region.
I’m close to the bandwagon too. Ha
I think Wolfe is 1 of 4 teams that can win the region.
Wolfe
Powell
Breathitt
Hazard
The regional tournament is setup Monday-Wednesday-Friday that setup really helps every team but Wolfe and Powell as those 2 teams have a lot more pitching than other schools. I think every team in the regional tournament has a pitcher that gives them the ability to win against any team in the region. This is the first time that a pitcher will be able to pitch the 1st rd and then pitch the finals without needing a rain day.
This regional tournament could be the most competitive in 14th region history. I don’t think there will be 1 mercy rule game in the whole tournament.
Wolfe has a good rotation with Whisman / Oliver / Hollan , with Evans coming in to pitch as well. If Molands was still in the rotation, it would only solidify their position as best pitching staff in the 14th. They have hit the ball well, and as long as they keep their errors down they will be the top team in the region. These group of kids have played baseball together for many years, and having 7-8 sophomores this year only gives the region something to worry about for two more years.
Hazard had the best staff in the region last year hands down and lost first round to Wolfe. With the set up this season, it is going to be on more than pithing this year. One good arm can knock off a good staff. Maybe the best regional tournament we will have seen in the 14th in some time. Won't say there won't be any mercy rule games because if a team gets hot they can put some runs up. Look at Breathitt last year, they beat Estill 17-2. And look at basketball, nobody had Perry winning region. Going to be fun. Hopefully Mother Nature gets her emotions in check though.