Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Track Glory Days
Yeah the glory days of pikeville track are officially over. i mean there are some decent to good athletes on the team like brandon, stan, and chase but there is little depth. one guy gets hurt and its back to the drawing board. the teams from 2000 to 2003 were the best the school has ever had, especially the 03 team. with matt sykes out for the season, pikeville scored around 48 points at state with stans brother scoring nearly half of those by himself. I think kids who play other sports should do track, thats what gives numbers and depth, something that helped those teams a few years ago
WVUFan u are obviously out of the loop... Pikeville Track this year took 2nd in the Mason-Dixon indoor games, a better finish than ure glory team had. yes they were a great team, and yes all the talent clicked but our potential and talent can possibly outweigh theirs. who was the pole-vaulter on ure glory team? weve got a guy who should take state and give us much needed first place points. this team is solid in every aspect.. distance, sprints, and in the field with great discus throwers too. Pikeville track right now has all the potential to make alot of noise at state and our depth is not bad at all with around 60 people regularly showing up for practice... top five at state? i think so.... Just stan the man droppin a little knowledge on ya, im out