Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't we all think it's time for a coach at JCHS?
I believe that it is time for an announcement? What is the hold up? Is there not anyone to choose from? Doesn't anyone want the job. The girls are talented and always willing to learn. Does anyone out there know what the hold up is? Inquiring minds want to know.
I heard a lil bird talking tonite, and sumthin may have been resolved late this evening. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I heard the same thing last week. Supposed to announce somthing, but still nothing. Are these girls not important enough to be concerned about. What is the holdup, can't find someone that wants it or can't find someone that will be a puppet?
I was told yesterday that the girls would be informed today. And that practice could start as soon as Friday.
Practice, what about conditioning. When McCool was there she had them out running their butts off and getting them in shape.

With the right coach these girls will definately be region contenders!!!!

:High5:
Pickle-princess Wrote:Practice, what about conditioning. When McCool was there she had them out running their butts off and getting them in shape.

With the right coach these girls will definately be region contenders!!!!

:High5:

Yes it will be conditioning
So, who wants to be the one to spill the beans.....finally. I'm still sorta gun shy about it, after the long road it's been to get here......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason Hurt - Head coach
Chris Pierce - Assistant
JR Salyers - Assistant
Ashley Bush - Assistant

Don't think it is a secret anymore.....as told by a team player.
Congratulations to Mr. Hurt. I've known him for a long time and am pleased to see him get this opprotunity. The only quesiton I have about this hire is, didn't anyone else more qualified happen to apply? This will be his first head coaching position at the high school level and I'm sure he has never been a part of a softball team other than the ones he has played on during the summer. I would figure with the amount of talent that JC produces in softball that some coaches would be willing to leave a pretty good situation for a great situation. JC, like everyone knows is getting a brand new facility. The school supports all their athletic teams to the max, and they are traditionally strong in whatever extracurricular event they may be taking place in. Not trying to dog Jason what so ever, I just figured someone else with more experience and a better resume would have applied and got the nod. Best of luck to him and the two new assistants to the Eagle family.
AmazingFan Wrote:I was told yesterday that the girls would be informed today. And that practice could start as soon as Friday.

Wouldn't that be a KHSAA infraction?
That would not be a great first move.
Good luck Jason and the entire team.
The Guru Wrote:Wouldn't that be a KHSAA infraction?
That would not be a great first move.
Good luck Jason and the entire team.

If you are referring to the comment about starting practice, then you didn't read the next 2 comments. It should have read conditioning.

Good luck Jason, hope you are ready for a great season. You are getting an awesome team and I think that they are ready to get started!!!
Amazing
Lisa Douglas Wrote:Amazing

Amazing that they finally have a coach or amazing about the choice that they made?
I haven't seen anyone mention, so I'll ask...

Why did Coach McCool resign ?!?

From the outside looking in... she seemed dedicated, hard-working, and put a good product on the field...Not to mention the great facilities at the school...
Don't think it was by choice. You should probably just ask her.
oneijoe Wrote:I haven't seen anyone mention, so I'll ask...

Why did Coach McCool resign ?!?

From the outside looking in... she seemed dedicated, hard-working, and put a good product on the field...Not to mention the great facilities at the school...
Coach McCool was not only dedicated but she is one of the best fastpitch coaches in the state. If she wanted she could coach at the college level and would be very sucessful. What people do not realize is that coaching a varsity team is just part of a coaches job. A good coach in any high school sport will also be concerned about academic's, citizenship and continuing their education. This is especially true for girls sports. Coach McCool is one of those rare coaches that kept the game in perspective.
Pickle-princess Wrote:Don't think it was by choice. You should probably just ask her.

That would be terrible manners. I don't know the lady.

The reason(s) for her resignation is obviously hush-hush. This usually means school politics were involved. Such a shame.
oneijoe Wrote:That would be terrible manners. I don't know the lady.

The reason(s) for her resignation is obviously hush-hush. This usually means school politics were involved. Such a shame.

Then why did you ask why on a public forum? That is exactly why I suggested that you ask her personally. I think that it is probably time that this subject was put to bed.

JCHS now has a new coaching staff and they seem to be working really hard to help the girls get into physical shape. So, let us concentrate on the new season and not dwell on the past.

This is going to be a great year for the Lady Eagles....new coaching staff and new facilities. Go Lady Eagles!!!:letsparty
Pickle-princess Wrote:Then why did you ask why on a public forum? That is exactly why I suggested that you ask her personally. I think that it is probably time that this subject was put to bed.

JCHS now has a new coaching staff and they seem to be working really hard to help the girls get into physical shape. So, let us concentrate on the new season and not dwell on the past.

This is going to be a great year for the Lady Eagles....new coaching staff and new facilities. Go Lady Eagles!!!:letsparty

Why did I ask ??

Because I was curious. And one of the primary purposes behind a site like this is to provide info about school athletic goings-on.

I had NO CLUE the circumstances surrounding Coach McCool's departure were of the negative variety. For all I knew (when I asked), she was moving or offered a job elsewhere...

I apologize for touching a nerve.

(NOW we can let the subject matter drop)
oneijoe Wrote:Why did I ask ??

Because I was curious. And one of the primary purposes behind a site like this is to provide info about school athletic goings-on.

I had NO CLUE the circumstances surrounding Coach McCool's departure were of the negative variety. For all I knew (when I asked), she was moving or offered a job elsewhere...

I apologize for touching a nerve.

(NOW we can let the subject matter drop)

No nerve was touched....this was just discussed on a different thread, so I thought that we had covered it on there. I apologize if I offended you in any way!!! Below is the thread.....

(http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=26112)

Now, let us just play ball!!!