Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon to Louisville?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:There was a time when players from around here went to Pikeville because it was the only place that they could actually play and get a free ride at. Those days are over or at least for the time being. Pikeville College has a VERY good basketball team. I can see them making a big run in the NAIA national tourney at the end of the season. As far as Landon going to Louisville, I think that would be great if he could. But if the offer falls threw, there isnt a thing wrong with getting a free ride at Pikeville. I personally dont think it matters where you go, as long as you go somewhere. A college degree from Pikeville is just as good as one from Louisville or Uk.

Couldn't agree more. One of my best friends went to PC and did Pre-Engineering before goin to Engineering school at Louisville. He was at Louisville for 2 years and is now at UK finishin up. He would be the first to tell ya that Pikeville is just as hard if not harder than either. Pikeville is a great education school.
The Guru Wrote:None, zero, there never has and never will be. All this is is a bunch of baloney! No body in the history of mountain basketball has ever gone anywhere except Pikeville and ALC to play basketball. RavenBoy is the smartest person to ever post on any sports forum in the history of the world wide web!
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
When I said make it out, I meant North Carolina, Duke, UK, and UofL. Not Pikeville or Marshall.

Tim Coach is probably the only person and that was in football.
RavenBoy Wrote:When I said make it out, I meant North Carolina, Duke, UK, and UofL. Not Pikeville or Marshall.

Tim Coach is probably the only person and that was in football.
Never heard of him!
Do you have any idea of how many retired jerseys of mountain boys that are hanging in Rupp?
How about this, befor you post your negative thoughts.....do a little research so you can at least pretend to have an inkling of a clue.
The Guru Wrote:Never heard of him!
Do you have any idea of how many retired jerseys of mountain boys that are hanging in Rupp?
How about this, befor you post your negative thoughts.....do a little research so you can at least pretend to have an inkling of a clue.
Who? Richie Farmer, Walk On. Im sorry im not just jumping on the Slone and Stepp bandwagon.

SmileGreat Post...RavenBoy where did Bobby Bushay end up at?Smile
RavenBoy Wrote:Who? Richie Farmer, Walk On. Im sorry im not just jumping on the Slone and Stepp bandwagon.

John Pelphrey? and Im sure theres a couple others...
RavenBoy Wrote:Who? Richie Farmer, Walk On. Im sorry im not just jumping on the Slone and Stepp bandwagon.
Yep....farmer....you guessed it, just one!Rolleyes Rolleyes

Nobody wants you to jump on any bandwagons. All everyone wants, is when you make your posts trying to drag people down, to at least act as if you know what you are talking about. Your posts never have factual information or just a small portion at the most. That is why nobody can take your post serious, just annoying.......but sometimes we find them humorous they are so far off base.Smile Smile

In all honesty....if you were over 10 years old, it would surprise us all.
The Guru Wrote:Yep....farmer....you guessed it, just one!Rolleyes Rolleyes

Nobody wants you to jump on any bandwagons. All everyone wants, is when you make your posts trying to drag people down, to at least act as if you know what you are talking about. Your posts never have factual information or just a small portion at the most. That is why nobody can take your post serious, just annoying.......but sometimes we find them humorous they are so far off base.Smile Smile

In all honesty....if you were over 10 years old, it would surprise us all.
First of all, Stay on topic, Second, If I was 10, I wouldnt know who farmer is. Third, I congratulate teams all the time. Fourth, If all post were positive, these threads wouldnt be so interesting.

I dont tell you what you want to here, I tell you the truth. :howdy:
RavenBoy Wrote:First of all, Stay on topic, Second, If I was 10, I wouldnt know who farmer is. Third, I congratulate teams all the time. Fourth, If all post were positive, these threads wouldnt be so interesting.

I dont tell you what you want to here, I tell you the truth. :howdy:

TruthRolleyes ..not so much!
uhavenoidea Wrote:SmileGreat Post...RavenBoy where did Bobby Bushay end up at?Smile
I didnt see that one, Good Point if your talking about the waterboy.
RavenBoy Wrote:I didnt see that one, Good Point if your talking about the waterboy.

Big Grin...I sure was...Just thought you might know..
uhavenoidea Wrote:Big Grin...I sure was...Just thought you might know..
I guess you proved me wrong on that one, only problem is that the college he went to wasent good until he made the team.
RavenBoy Wrote:I guess you proved me wrong on that one, only problem is that the college he went to wasent good until he made the team.

It's a joke and also an movie...SO what are you talking about?...
uhavenoidea Wrote:It's a joke and also an movie...SO what are you talking about?...
uhhhh the movie?????
RavenBoy Wrote:uhhhh the movie?????

It was a joke...It's done passed, so lets get over it and get this thread back on topic...
The Guru Wrote:None, zero, there never has and never will be. All this is is a bunch of baloney! No body in the history of mountain basketball has ever gone anywhere except Pikeville and ALC to play basketball. RavenBoy is the smartest person to ever post on any sports forum in the history of the world wide web!
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Well I guess you do have to consider one thing for sure. The 15th region has not exactly been cranking out those D1 prospects left and right here lately. The last D1 player to sign out of this region was in 1998. Who was the last to come out of the 14th region? I cant even remeber the answer to that one. Ben Bowling had the talent , but certainly not the brain. Raven Boy may be hurting a few feelings here, but he aint exactly all that wrong either.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Well I guess you do have to consider one thing for sure. The 15th region has not exactly been cranking out those D1 prospects left and right here lately. The last D1 player to sign out of this region was in 1998. Who was the last to come out of the 14th region? I cant even remeber the answer to that one. Ben Bowling had the talent , but certainly not the brain. Raven Boy may be hurting a few feelings here, but he aint exactly all that wrong either.
He wasn't just limiting to the 14th or 15th regions, he was saying all mountain teams. I know that the mountains are not exactly rich with D1 talent, but when he says that nobody gets out of the mountains, then, yes, IMO, he is off by more than a little.Surely to goodness you would know he isn't hurting my feelings!!! lol
Besides, he could only think of 2 people to Play D1 from the mountains, and that was Richie Farmer and Tim Coach....whoever that is.
Hey Ru, for one thing most of the Jersey's hanging up in Rupp for mountain boys were from a completely different era that you can in no way compare to player of the modern era. The exception of Pelphrey and Farmer was more of an indication of the love and appreciation of the Kentucky fan base for the manner in which they brought UK out from the depths of probation, more so than what they displayed as purely great basketball players with great athletic talent. There talent never was the reason that they got their Jerseys in the rafters , it was their heart and charactor. Keep it in perspective.Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:He wasn't just limiting to the 14th or 15th regions, he was saying all mountain teams. I know that the mountains are not exactly rich with D1 talent, but when he says that nobody gets out of the mountains, then, yes, IMO, he is off by more than a little.Surely to goodness you would know he isn't hurting my feelings!!! lol
Besides, he could only think of 2 people to Play D1 from the mountains, and that was Richie Farmer and Tim Coach....whoever that is.
Ok name other people in the last 15 years. Noone cares about people in the 70's. Actually the 14th and 15th are the only Regions that are really in the mountains.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Hey Ru, for one thing most of the Jersey's hanging up in Rupp for mountain boys were from a completely different era that you can in no way compare to player of the modern era. The exception of Pelphrey and Farmer was more of an indication of the love and appreciation of the Kentucky fan base for the manner in which they brought UK out from the depths of probation, more so than what they displayed as purely great basketball players with great athletic talent. There talent never was the reason that they got their Jerseys in the rafters , it was their heart and charactor. Keep it in perspective.Big Grin
Thank you.:rockon:
RavenBoy Wrote:Thank you.:rockon:
Really all I'm trying to do is have a little fun with a buddy. I aint takin this too serious.
Closed for becoming ridiculous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]