Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 54 - Pike Central 53
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:the thing is im not taking away from them i mean they played Valley really tight and should have won that one. They played Pike Central tough at PC and beat them. You also have to look at free throw attempts by each team im not sure on who had the most but if Phelps had more then that plays a big part in it. We will see at district if Phelps is legit or if they just had Central's number on that one night Phelps has never defeated Pike Central in the district tournament so if history is to repeat its self then the future of this season looks grim. Good Luck to JR and the Lady Hornets on the rest of the season. Helluva coach and team.

I was at the Valley game, and they should not have beat them.
By the way, congrats Phelps and Coach Vanhoose! I heard old Dorton alum Kayla Johnson had a good game. Can anyone confirm?
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:By the way, congrats Phelps and Coach Vanhoose! I heard old Dorton alum Kayla Johnson had a good game. Can anyone confirm?

Kayla is a dandy!!! I love that kid!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
#15 Wrote:Every Team Losin A Game
Yea Phelps Beat Pike Central
Woohoo
Its Just A Regular Season Game
Doesnt Mean Nothing
Actualy it means a lot. You now play Belfry back to back, a very dangerous team when they play in the team concept. Now with the loss to Phelps if you lose one of those games to Belfry you will be facing Phelps at Phelps in a must win game in the district tourney. A regular season loss is a regular season loss and nothing more, but a regular season district loss is a big deal.
Great post, BW!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Just like you I can not wait for district either b/c I can not wait to have that 3rd district championship in a row. BACK TO BACK TO BACK :Thumbs:

Not to be picky, but it would only be Back to Back. Before last year, Belfry had back to back district championships with PC winning the two before that. Anyway congrats to Phelps and good luck to the Lady Hawks, I have always been a Belfry fan, but PC is the best team in the district and the region this year. If everyone stays healthy, they should be able to get through district and region and make a good run at state as they did last year.
SpOrTsFaNaTiC711 Wrote:Not taking away anything away from the Lady Hornets, but PC was just not on at all. It was a case of Phelps came to play and the Lady Hawks didn't. Also, there core of the team were all sick(even there coach). I am no trying to say anything bad about Phelps but if PC was healthy I don't look for this to be a game...can't wait for district to 3-Peat!
not too sure on this. i was @ both games this year and Phelps was outplaying the hawks in both games. the game @ central was probably the most poorly officiated game i have seen in my almost 30 yrs of watching high school sports . and the refs are what kept central in the game @ phelps. 31 to 17 free throws.now dont get me wrong central is a good team and they represent the region well but its always some body is sick or Phelps just got lucky if they beat a ranked team.and as far as good players ,Phelps has 3 very good players ,Caitlin Riley,Jasmine Hall & Taylor Keene ( over 1,000 points) they are over here in the remote part of the county and dont get the publicity the other teams do.
Phoenix Wrote:Not to be picky, but it would only be Back to Back. Before last year, Belfry had back to back district championships with PC winning the two before that. Anyway congrats to Phelps and good luck to the Lady Hawks, I have always been a Belfry fan, but PC is the best team in the district and the region this year. If everyone stays healthy, they should be able to get through district and region and make a good run at state as they did last year.

so sorry BACK TO BACK there better for you?
Thats my hornets!
Excuses ! Excuses!
People I don't care what anyone says. Pike Central is still BY FAR the BEST team in the 15th Region. Everyone has bad games. Thats why they play em. If the games were played on paper Pike Central wouldn't lose a game until the third round of state. Great job Phelps, nice win, BUT to make assumptions that PHS and Belfry can beat PC in district is a little premature. PC's girls practice everyday they don't have a game. Saturdays and Sundays included. They are burnt out right now and don't even want to look at a basketball. I don't blame them. So much is expected of them. They hear it at school, at practice, and at home about how Buckley's Creek wants a state championship. These kids need some slack. Keep your heads up girls. We know you are truly the best team in the region and you will make us proud when it counts! Go Lady Hawks!
Nice post Central05, I feel the same way, GIRLS WE ALL LOVE YOU AND BELIEVE IN YOU, YOU are the best in the 15th . Because you have one bad game and someone gets lucky , thats all they can talk about, well all your true fans know who was sick and what it took for you all to even get on the floor that night so don't worry about it, time will tell so just relax have some fun regroup and you will show every one that you are the BEST. GO LADY HAWKS :rockon:
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:Nice post Central05, I feel the same way, GIRLS WE ALL LOVE YOU AND BELIEVE IN YOU, YOU are the best in the 15th . Because you have one bad game and someone gets lucky , thats all they can talk about, well all your true fans know who was sick and what it took for you all to even get on the floor that night so don't worry about it, time will tell so just relax have some fun regroup and you will show every one that you are the BEST. GO LADY HAWKS :rockon:

I totally agree with both of you. The Lady Hawks are loved by a lot of people, including me. We just have to remember that they are just kids. I know that when I am in the stands that is sometimes hard to believe. No matter what you do, we believe that you are the best team and we love you.
This is NOT a Pike Central thread. There is one if you would like to post these comments in there. This thread is about the game between Phelps and Pike Central. Let's keep it on track!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]