Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleming Co. 6- Lewis Co. 3
Good job Fleming Co.
Congrats Fleming
Fleming Co is mostly all freshmen and sophmores. They are gonna be tough.
sumj45 Wrote:Good job Fleming Co.

Fleming looks to be much improved from last year........
I agree fleming did look good, but lewis had a great deal of errors that was a big factor of the lose. Kyle Frerichs (Jr.) did throw a good 2 2/3 innings for Lewis. He had 3 k's and really look under control on the mound. If the Lions can work the mental part of the game and work on the errors they may be a contender this year in the region!
ukfootballrocks Wrote:I agree fleming did look good, but lewis had a great deal of errors that was a big factor of the lose. Kyle Frerichs (Jr.) did throw a good 2 2/3 innings for Lewis. He had 3 k's and really look under control on the mound. If the Lions can work the mental part of the game and work on the errors they may be a contender this year in the region!

Frerichs did throw good
If lewis cannot improve their fielding it will be a long year for the Lions a problem that hurt then last year.Witten threw for Lewis in the first 2 innings he had 4 ks but 2 walks he struggled some on his control but gave up no hits i believe he can be pretty good pitcher for lewis this season.
ukfootballrocks Wrote:If lewis cannot improve their fielding it will be a long year for the Lions a problem that hurt then last year.Witten threw for Lewis in the first 2 innings he had 4 ks but 2 walks he struggled some on his control but gave up no hits i believe he can be pretty good pitcher for lewis this season.

I've seen Witten pitch a few times and he is a good pitcher but he sometimes struggles with control. If he keeps walks to a minimum then he will be a key part of the Lions pitching staff.
I think Lewis is in for a long year regardless. There schedule isn't that good, but i still think they will struggle to even get to .500. I wish them luck, but they will not win a lot of games this year.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think Lewis is in for a long year regardless. There schedule isn't that good, but i still think they will struggle to even get to .500. I wish them luck, but they will not win a lot of games this year.

They won 18 or 19 games last year and made the semifinals in the region. They have returned most of the key players from last years team. I don't see why they will struggle to get to .500.
lewisfan21 Wrote:They won 18 or 19 games last year and made the semifinals in the region. They have returned most of the key players from last years team. I don't see why they will struggle to get to .500.

You were 19-13 last year. You lost more than you think. Some of the ones you lost will hurt you worse than you realize. It's just my opinion. After watching some of the teams this year, I just don't think Lewis will be any good. They may beat Russell or maybe even Raceland, but they will struggle, mainly because of pitching. He can't pitch every game, unless of course he has a supernatural arm that your gonna tell us about now.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:You were 19-13 last year. You lost more than you think. Some of the ones you lost will hurt you worse than you realize. It's just my opinion. After watching some of the teams this year, I just don't think Lewis will be any good. They may beat Russell or maybe even Raceland, but they will struggle, mainly because of pitching. He can't pitch every game, unless of course he has a supernatural arm that your gonna tell us about now.

thats funny
Fleming County will be a tough team this year and may even have a winning season, but they are most defininetly not better than Lewis County. If lewis's coach wouldnt have been experimenting with the pitching rotation against a region opponent lewis would have beat them by 5+ runs. Witten, collins, and frerichs were not in the running for a spot in the starting rotation and only witten has had varsity experience on the mound. Errors killed lewis in the field and it is garunteed that lewis will be the better team when they meet later in the season. Fleming is a tough young team but will have some growning pains further in the season
i beleive that Witten is in the pitching rotation
LC Fan Wrote:Fleming County will be a tough team this year and may even have a winning season, but they are most defininetly not better than Lewis County. If lewis's coach wouldnt have been experimenting with the pitching rotation against a region opponent lewis would have beat them by 5+ runs. Witten, collins, and frerichs were not in the running for a spot in the starting rotation and only witten has had varsity experience on the mound. Errors killed lewis in the field and it is garunteed that lewis will be the better team when they meet later in the season. Fleming is a tough young team but will have some growning pains further in the season
LC Fan Wrote:Fleming County will be a tough team this year and may even have a winning season, but they are most defininetly not better than Lewis County. If lewis's coach wouldnt have been experimenting with the pitching rotation against a region opponent lewis would have beat them by 5+ runs. Witten, collins, and frerichs were not in the running for a spot in the starting rotation and only witten has had varsity experience on the mound. Errors killed lewis in the field and it is garunteed that lewis will be the better team when they meet later in the season. Fleming is a tough young team but will have some growning pains further in the season

I agree LC Fan. I think Witten has a chance to make the rotation though, but he has to gain some control and cut down on the walks.
i dont see why he wouldnt be in the rotation i mean i havent seen anyone for Lewis that is real tough Bolander and Downing are good pitchers but everyone else is just decent if that.
lewisfan21 Wrote:I agree LC Fan. I think Witten has a chance to make the rotation though, but he has to gain some control and cut down on the walks.
Congrats Fleming