Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Unpredictable?
Checking all the scores for the 14th Region is like going around in circles. Knott County beats Breathitt County. Breathitt County beats Leslie County. Leslie County beats Perry County Central. Perry County Central beats Knott County.

Powell County loses three and wins two. Estill County loses three and wins three. Lee County loses 5 straight. Hazard wins one of three.

It appears that the only teams that have been consistent are Jenkins, Jackson City and Letcher County Central.

I don't know who to predict anymore in the 14th. I know it is still a young season, but the way it is looking the 14th could be up for grabs.

I may be missing something here, so put your thoughts down on this subject. Be fair to each team and leave positive comments on your predictions.
Jenkins looks like the real deal. Their coach has them playing well. They have good pitching, they have been taught to slap hit to 3rd and get on base, steal, bunt, and can play the heck out of some defense. Look for them to be right in the top at the end. They beat Letcher 4-1 in a good game.

Jackson City is for real and will make noise in this region as well. Good hitting and a consistent pitcher makes them a contender. Would be different seeing Jackson City and Jenkins in the finals of the region...
Powell is 3-3 they played and beat jackson city last night 5 to 0
Powell had some trouble starting off. They were trying to work people in to fill the spots that were lost year due to seniors that graduated. Now that they have everyone settled in they are ready to play... They have a very tuff schedule this year! They play teams like Tatescreek, lexington cathlic and lexington Christan, Clark, Brian Station, Danville alot of 6A schools. the 14th is up for grabs this year Estill does not have it locked in like they have the last couple of years
I am going to put my money on Riverside Christian this year. I hear they are loaded.
Gotta look at strength of schedule. Two of Estill's three losses came to teams who were in the state tournament last year. They had a rough game vs Lee, but were missing several key players. You have to look at head to head competition before you can start sizing teams up.
I think Jenkins Will take this one last night they beat lee county 17 to 0 in 3 innings. estill Also beat lee county but not in 3 innings :flame:
Well Estill was missing many key players in the Estill vs. Lee game but they played again last night and won with a score of 12-0. Estill has had some trouble coming out of the starting gate losing 4 key players from last year. They have had some trouble hitting as well but i think it all comes from experience. Estill also has a tougher schedule than most of your 14th Region teams.
Letcher Central and Jackson City have had really easy schedules so far.

Jenkins beat both of these teams 4-1. They are a good team and capable of winning region.

Good Luck Lady Cavs!!!
i got money on lady cavs and jackson
warmachine Wrote:I am going to put my money on Riverside Christian this year. I hear they are loaded.

Jenkins Bet them...rllyyyy bad an killed the ball on offence
Jenkins definitely.
Don't see what's so unpredictable about the 14th. Since Estill County joined the 14th region in 2006, they are 27-0 against 14th region competition.

While their record is not that great this year, they have played a much stronger schedule than anyone in the 14th, and still have dates in the Lady Knights Memorial Tournament at Lex. Cath. and the Boyle Co. Invitational.

I'm sure when they come back from those tournaments that the 14th region will look like slow pitch softball.
I think Hazard lost 7 or 8 seniors last year so this is going to be a rebuilding year for them.