• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wins Class 5A?
Who Do You Think Will Win 5A?
Highlands....!!!!!!!!

outside shots-Bowling Green, John Hardin

Big Stretches-Bryan Station, LCC, Warren East

but hey somebody has to come out of the East, and be in the title game
Highlands...

the only schools with a legitimate chance against them are John hardin, CovCath, and BG
Highlands is the definition of Program, and i forgot that they actually are on the Eastern side of the playoff Bracket, so there goes that shot
Highlands is the favorite but everyone is forgetting that Covington Catholic didn't lost any players off of last years team, and for the Bluebirds to get to state they have to get by CovCath first. But on the western side of the state I believe that it'll be between John Hardin & Bowling Green.
Highlands.
Given the talent level in the current sophomore class I really think that Highlands is in the midst of a back-to-back-to-back Class 5A title run.

This year the 'Birds will have a great running game, led by RBs Josh Conner and Clint Crawford. The 'Birds should have a better passing game with Tony Guidugli at the helm at QB. If the offensive line comes together (this is the biggest question mark for the team right now) then the 'Birds will be very tough to outscore in 2008. On the other side of the ball, HHS should have a great pass defense in 2008, with a solid defensive backfield and a very deep, athletic linebacking corps. The defensive line, much like the offensive line, will help make the difference between HHS having a good team and HHS having a great team.

At the end of last season, I was really thinking that HHS might have a bit of a drop-off in 2008, with CovCath potentially being the better team in the district. But the more I hear and read about this current group of players the more I see the potential that 2008's squad may be better than 2007's championship team. It will be VERY difficult for the team to repeat their undefeated season, given that they travel to Cincy Colerain in week two.

1. Highlands
2. CovCath
3. Christian County/John Hardin
jbwill2 Wrote:Given the talent level in the current sophomore class I really think that Highlands is in the midst of a back-to-back-to-back Class 5A title run.

This year the 'Birds will have a great running game, led by RBs Josh Conner and Clint Crawford. The 'Birds should have a better passing game with Tony Guidugli at the helm at QB. If the offensive line comes together (this is the biggest question mark for the team right now) then the 'Birds will be very tough to outscore in 2008. On the other side of the ball, HHS should have a great pass defense in 2008, with a solid defensive backfield and a very deep, athletic linebacking corps. The defensive line, much like the offensive line, will help make the difference between HHS having a good team and HHS having a great team.

At the end of last season, I was really thinking that HHS might have a bit of a drop-off in 2008, with CovCath potentially being the better team in the district. But the more I hear and read about this current group of players the more I see the potential that 2008's squad may be better than 2007's championship team. It will be VERY difficult for the team to repeat their undefeated season, given that they travel to Cincy Colerain in week two.

1. Highlands
2. CovCath
3. Christian County/John Hardin

I agree with your assesment, however, I also think that a big question mark is in the kicking game. Replacing Bathiany will be tough and field position was a huge advantage in the '07 season for Highlands, thanks to Bathiany (grad.) The O-line is young but feel that Coach Turner will have them ready. Also, the sophmore class has been untried on a varsity field. I feel they are a great group and will see many stepping up to the plate, but I believe when you said sophmore you ment the now Jr. group which consist of Collinsworth, Roller, Bardo, Hoge, Fennell, Buten, Bankemper, Schlosser, Grubbs, Combs, Dierig, Alford, Waldenmeyer, Beck, Eitenne, Brown and a host of others.
Highlands
Bryan Station?
Call Me The Breeze Wrote:Bryan Station?

Bryan Station's only problem is keeping their players eligible each and every week. I heard Woodford County fans talking about it last year at the Johnson Central game, B/S is a very athletic school and I'm sure that their team has some very good players playing for them and they may be able to compete for a district championship, but I don't expect Station to be able to compete with the likes of Highlands or Covington Catholic.
BLUEBIRDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
tradition Wrote:Also, the sophmore class has been untried on a varsity field. I feel they are a great group and will see many stepping up to the plate, but I believe when you said sophmore you ment the now Jr. group which consist of Collinsworth, Roller, Bardo, Hoge, Fennell, Buten, Bankemper, Schlosser, Grubbs, Combs, Dierig, Alford, Waldenmeyer, Beck, Eitenne, Brown and a host of others.

You are correct, and thanks for correcting my mistake! I was referring to LAST year's sophomore class as being very talented. You did a great job in naming some of that CURRENT junior class talent.
Too much Highlands in this class
I see it going down like this

5A Semi finals
Highlands vs. Bryan station
John Hardin vs. Anderson County

5A Title Game
Highlands vs. John Hardin

5A Champions
Highlands blue birds
Finals Highlands vs Bowling Green

Winner-Highlands
Bryan station went 7-4 last year. what makes you think they will make it that far?
sorry they went 4-7 not 7-4
Bryan station went 4-7 last year

Paul Dunbar 3 - 45 (L)
Western Western 17 - 8 (W)
Johnson Central 21 - 58 (L) Woodford County 19 - 31 (L)
Lafayette 9 - 27 (L)
Montgomery County 34 - 14 (W)
Henry Clay Bryan Station 7 - 35 (L)
Ashland Blazer 34 - 20 (W)
Tates Creek 35 - 38 (L)
Fleming County 56 - 16 (W)
Johnson Central 27 - 48 (L)
Bryan Station had a decent year with a couple of loses to larger schools.
they return their best running back and QB, along with almost every starter of defense.

The playoff alignment also favors them, playing the opposite district allows them to play the eastern kentucky
They still have to play johnson central and woodford county to make out of district
I'm anxious to see how John Harden progresses thru the season. From what I am hearing, they are going to be someone to contend with.
I gotta say Highlands... :mad: