Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 34 - Burch, WV 12
BL 34 - Burch 12

Betsy Layne trailed 12 to 6 at halftime - penalties killed them the first half, I think they had a couple scores called back due to penalties

Looked really good the second half, moved the ball really well and their defense looked good.
Good to hear and congrats to the Bobcats!
Congrats Betsy Layne
Was at the game, Betsy Layne looked pretty good. Looks as if they have a really good coach, the half-back Dillon Maldonado & Casey Atkins took the game over.

Congrats Bobcats!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Was at the game, Betsy Layne looked pretty good. Looks as if they have a really good coach, the half-back Dillon Maldonado & Casey Atkins took the game over.

Congrats Bobcats!

I agree! The future for the Bobcats looks bright, I must say! The core of their offense are young. Martin QB, Maldenado and Adkins RB(s), the two Jarrell boys WR(s) are all under-classmen. I also must say, that is the most coaches I've seen on that sideline in quite some time!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I agree! The future for the Bobcats looks bright, I must say! The core of their offense are young. Martin QB, Maldenado and Adkins RB(s), the two Jarrell boys WR(s) are all under-classmen. I also must say, that is the most coaches I've seen on that sideline in quite some time!
Glad to see this !
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I also must say, that is the most coaches I've seen on that sideline in quite some time!

How many coaches were on the sideline?
I'm not sure exactly! Hmm, I'd say atleast 7. Maybe more than that
Congrats Betsy Layne!!! Good Job Red and Justin.
Dylan Maldonado had 14 carries for 212 yards
Casey Adkins had 12 carries for 194 yards

Freshman Austin Hall ran back a forced fumble for a touchdown on defense.

Linebackers Korey Jarrell, Zach Hall, Robert Hall, and jordan hall all played good. Also Cody McKay at defensive end looked real sharp.
What was Burch's record last season?

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
JackFrost Wrote:what was Burch's record last season?

0-10
What does last year mean, Betsy Layne's was 1-9?
So both teams are on track for the same record this year...lol...j/k Congrats BL.
betsylaynealum Wrote:What does last year mean, Betsy Layne's was 1-9?

Just wondering what kind of team Burch was last year?

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
betsylaynealum Wrote:What does last year mean, Betsy Layne's was 1-9?

Well considering BL hasn't won more than 1 game in a single season since 2004 and hasn't won their season-opening game since 2003, I'd say looking at records from previous seasons is a big deal. With that said, it's GREAT to see Betsy Layne on the smiling side of the scoreboard and getting their season off to a good start!

Here's to hoping the Bobcats make some noise and continue to improve because right now they may be on the outside looking in at the 4th playoff slot in the district. But that's why you play'em and right now, those boys have to feel like they can play with anybody after getting a win to start the season and reward them for their efforts in practice thus far.
i think BL will have a pretty good season this year from what i saw friday it looks like there defense is going to be pretty strong. They gave up one touchdown to Burch's offense and the other touchdown came off an int. return. The backfeild for BL also looked pretty good with Dillon and Casey basicaly doing what they want on the field and if the offensive line plays smart and stop getting penaltys called on them things could turn out good for the bobcats. Also Nathan Martin played great completing a couple of great passes and Korey Jarrel surprised me with some of his catches.
Last year is last year! The Bobcats defense is a strong unit this year. Dillion Maldonado looks to be a complete player for them. I am quite sure the coaches will get the attention of the Bobcats this week as far as the penalties are concerned. Congradulations Betsy Layne! Good Luck.
How many touchdowns did Maldonado have?
Congrats to the Bobcats!
Good job Bobcats and keep working!
How does BL look this year?
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:How does BL look this year?

They actually look a lot better than last season, it may have been because they were playing a very weak Burch team from West Virginia but the Bobcats showed a lot of desire for the game, unlike past BL teams. They have two very nice playmakers in #5 Dillon Maldonado and #7 Casey Atkins.

Class 1A District 8 has the possibility to much more interesting than what many may think.
I still don't see BL being a contender for the playoffs.
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:I still dont see BL being a contender for the playoffs.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but I disagree.
BL is going to be one of the teams that I'll have to see to believe, because every year they have players that can bench press a house and they get way to hyped up and then they have 1-9 seasons. So BL will have to show me what they can do before I'm a believer in them.
True Big Blue Fan Wrote:BL is going to be one of the teams that I'll have to see to believe, because every year they have players that can bench press a house and they get way to hyped up and then they have 1-9 seasons. So BL will have to show me what they can do before I'm a believer in them.

I see what your saying but I watched them this past Friday night and watched them once last season and they are much improved, mostly because of their new coach, Jonathon Parsons. Their line gets off the ball, their backs find the holes made for them, and their defense gets to the ball and makes plays.
Congrats to the Bobcats along with Coach Parsons and Coach Akers.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
The bobcats just want a team that the community can be proud of. If the bobcats believe anything is possible.

Remember bobcats the future is up to you.

WOW, this game has been over a week and we are still talking about it. Bobcats look at Jackson county, one play at a time, anything can happen.