Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama to Appear on O'Reilly's Factor
Obama, will be interviewed by Bill O'Reilly, Thursday at 8 pm.

This should be interesting, since Obama said back in May that he would appear on the Factor, and Bill's been hounding him ever since, I guess Obama finally got tired of running and caved in. Smile

I'm sure this is one time DW and Coach will be watching O'Reilly Smile
Old School Wrote:Obama, will be interviewed by Bill O'Reilly, Thursday at 8 pm.

This should be interesting, since Obama said back in May that he would appear on the Factor, and Bill's been hounding him ever since, I guess Obama finally got tired of running and caved in. Smile

I'm sure this is one time DW and Coach will be watching O'Reilly Smile

Im going to have to sit this one out also, I cant stand O'rielly, no matter who the guest is.

I'll have to check the transcript out after the show is over.
What the heck! I'll give it a shot! LOL

I can't wait until Barack ticks O'Reily off and Bill-O flies off the handle!
I think O'Reilly will be more gracious than you think. He will want Obama to return, especially if he wins.
Beetle01 Wrote:I think O'Reilly will be more gracious than you think. He will want Obama to return, especially if he wins.

When he wins!
ballcrazy Wrote:When he wins!

O'rielly winning a debate, Smile.

The only way O'rielly will ever win a debate with someone who doesn't suffer from a mental illness is when he cuts their mic off, which happens quite often.

I don't think O'rielly will be as crazy as he normally is, because he will get torn to threads, I would expect him to be more sincere, and under control.
ballcrazy Wrote:When he wins!

IF. The polls are too close and his gaffs may come more into scrutiny. But you never know he might just carry all 59 states. LOL. McCain may be old, but he does know that there are only 50. Especially since most became states in his lifetime. LOL.
Uh-oh.
I watched the first part of this interview on youtube just now, and I must say that Obama done extremely well. He answered every question very effectively, and didnt get caught in the corner O'rielly was trying to put him in.
Did O'Reilly ask to rub down Obama's wife with a "filloofal" sponge?
Obama should have done well, he's a great speaker.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:O'rielly winning a debate, Smile.

The only way O'rielly will ever win a debate with someone who doesn't suffer from a mental illness is when he cuts their mic off, which happens quite often.

I don't think O'rielly will be as crazy as he normally is, because he will get torn to threads, I would expect him to be more sincere, and under control.

Not talkin about O'rielly winning , I was talkin about obama.
thecavemaster Wrote:Did O'Reilly ask to rub down Obama's wife with a "filloofal" sponge?

Nope, but im sure he was thinking about it.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I watched the first part of this interview on youtube just now, and I must say that Obama done extremely well. He answered every question very effectively, and didnt get caught in the corner O'rielly was trying to put him in.
Bill wasn't trying to get Obama in a corner. There wouldn't have been a corner if Obama would have just answered the question. O'rielly could have been much tougher on him.

Bill even admitted that Obama was right in not invading Iraq. Why can't Obama just admit that he was wrong about the surge???????????????
rosebud Wrote:Bill wasn't trying to get Obama in a corner. There wouldn't have been a corner if Obama would have just answered the question. O'rielly could have been much tougher on him.

Bill even admitted that Obama was right in not invading Iraq. Why can't Obama just admit that he was wrong about the surge???????????????

O'rielly was being his typical rude self, by asking questions in a way to try and get Obama to say something out of line.

O'rielly couldnt be any tougher on Obama because he doesn't know enough about current events to push obama hard.

I think Obama done a great job answering the question about the surge, you have to measure success across more than one boundary, and he explained that perfectly, if you would have listened.
"IF" he wins!
Watched the second part of the interview, if you could call it that, on youtube. O'rielly was his typically self, yelling, at not allowing someone to make a point when answering his questions. Obama done a great job of getting across his points in an intellectually way, and not falling for BOR bs.
O'Reilly likes to make a big deal about how people won't appear on "The Factor"... presumably because they fear the ferocious questioning of Sir Bill, the self appointed knight of pomposity. He holds the mike, shouts people down, twists people's words and gives them no chance to respond. I wish some target of his would challenge him to an Oxford style debate in some big public forum with an impartical moderator. I'd venture to guess that Big Bill would have a scheduling conflict.
seen the last part of the interview on youtube tonight, and it was exactly what I expected, o'rielly was his typical self. No matter who rude he got, or how many ignorant statements he made, Obama stayed calm and made his points very clear. It was obvious that o'rielly couldnt go point for point with obama so he just yelled him down and tried to stop him from getting his point across.

Like I stated before, this was just a waste of an interview.

I wonder if O'rielly would be this rude if Mccain or Palin where to appear on the spin zone.
Obama is a excellent speaker as long as he's in front of a teleprompter, but when trying to wing it, he's definitely lost, just like during his lipstick on a pig speech, and when O'reilly pressed him on any issue he was hesitating not knowing what to say or searching for just the right thing to say. I think it's funny that Palin has stolen Obama's thunder and she's is so deep into Obama's head.
Old School Wrote:Obama is a excellent speaker as long as he's in front of a teleprompter, but when trying to wing it, he's definitely lost, just like during his lipstick on a pig speech, and when O'reilly pressed him on any issue he was hesitating not knowing what to say or searching for just the right thing to say. I think it's funny that Palin has stolen Obama's thunder and she's is so deep into Obama's head.

the lipstick on a pig line has been taken way overboard by the right wing. Dick Cheney used the comment just recently when referring to hillary's health care plan, but no one was outraged then?

did it ever occur to you that it's hard to make a point when someone is yelling and screaming like a little kid when you are trying to answer a question?
Old School Wrote:Obama is a excellent speaker as long as he's in front of a teleprompter, but when trying to wing it, he's definitely lost, just like during his lipstick on a pig speech, and when O'reilly pressed him on any issue he was hesitating not knowing what to say or searching for just the right thing to say. I think it's funny that Palin has stolen Obama's thunder and she's is so deep into Obama's head.

The beauty of a pig is in the eye of the beholder: St. Francis did write an ode to a sow one time. Your comment about Obama being a "teleprompter only" speaker ignores a great deal of evidence to the contrary.
Old School Wrote:Obama is a excellent speaker .
Yes he is but he dont know how to run a country.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:the lipstick on a pig line has been taken way overboard by the right wing. Dick Cheney used the comment just recently when referring to hillary's health care plan, but no one was outraged then?

did it ever occur to you that it's hard to make a point when someone is yelling and screaming like a little kid when you are trying to answer a question?

If Obama can't get his point across with O'reilly what chance will he have whenever he's sitting across the table from Putin, Ahmadinejad, Kim of North Korea or even Chavez of Venezuela?
Old School Wrote:[/B]

If Obama can't get his point across with O'reilly what chance will he have whenever he's sitting across the table from Putin, Ahmadinejad, Kim of North Korea or even Chavez of Venezuela?

I never said he didnt get his point across, I just said it's hard to get one across with an idiot yelling in his face. So maybe this interview will help him with dealing with nuts!
thecavemaster Wrote:The beauty of a pig is in the eye of the beholder: St. Francis did write an ode to a sow one time. Your comment about Obama being a "teleprompter only" speaker ignores a great deal of evidence to the contrary.

The lipstick on a pig story doesn't bother me at all, they are all adults. I was referring the way he was presenting his speech, it the seemed like he was trying to search for the right words, maybe a little confused, I guess he was trying not to make a mistake, unlike when he's reading off of a teleprompter.
Old School Wrote:The lipstick on a pig story doesn't bother me at all, they are all adults. I was referring the way he was presenting his speech, it the seemed like he was trying to search for the right words, maybe a little confused, I guess he was trying not to make a mistake, unlike when he's reading off of a teleprompter.

This is getting ridiculous, you're criticizing him for thinking about what he is going to say! Name me one politician who gives a flawless speech every time. Everyone stumbles on occasion (or every occasion, like president Bush), or has to pause to remember what they where going to say.

If this is all you have to attack him on, its sad.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:This is getting ridiculous, you're criticizing him for thinking about what he is going to say! Name me one politician who gives a flawless speech every time. Everyone stumbles on occasion (or every occasion, like president Bush), or has to pause to remember what they where going to say.

If this is all you have to attack him on, its sad.

Oh yes that's what we need in a president, one that has to think about what he going to say, I can understand stumbling occasionally, but this has been going on since the spring. I know President Bush is not the best speaker and stumbles quite often, but I thought you wanted change seems to me that your wanting more of the same.

I really don't consider this an attack on Obama, but if I were to I would bring up his many shady friends, his lack of experience, and so on but that's another thread.
Old School Wrote:Oh yes that's what we need in a president, one that has to think about what he going to say, I can understand stumbling occasionally, but this has been going on since the spring. I know President Bush is not the best speaker and stumbles quite often, but I thought you wanted change seems to me that your wanting more of the same.

I really don't consider this an attack on Obama, but if I were to I would bring up his many shady friends, his lack of experience, and so on but that's another thread.

lol, that was a crazy comment. Are you saying that you want a president that doesn't think about what he says? Or just a president that doesn't think, because we have had one of those the past 8 years.

No matter what you say, you where trying to attack him, and instead of attacking something meaningful like his views, you chose to criticize him for not having a perfect speech every night.

IMO I would love for someone to think about all their responses, and questions, so that we can have an educated response to situations coming out of Washington.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yes he is but he dont know how to run a country.
What country has he tried to run that he didnt do a good job in it? A person who is running for president for the first time, no one has any idea if he will do a good job or not. You can have your opinions on if he can or not, but no real facts.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.