Millard
Belfry

Johns Creek
Mullins
Phelps

Elkhorn
Feds Creek

Kimper
Pikeville will be a bit down. Their junior high has a shortage of good athletes right now. They are all young and very small.
NEXT Wrote:Pike County Boys

Pikeville
Dorton
Virgie

Millard
Belfry

Johns Creek
Mullins
Phelps

Elkhorn
Feds Creek

Kimper

My outlook:

Belfry
Pikeville

Virgie ----------
Dorton |------ in no particular order
Millard ----------

Elkhorn
Mullins
Feds Creek
Phelps
Johns Creek
Kimper
Belfry
Millard
Virgie
Dorton
Pikeville
Feds Creek
Elkhorn
Mullins
Johns Creek
Phelps
Kimper

Should be a year where anybody can beat anybody. Should be an exciting year.
Yea that's what we thought about football this year now wasnt it? But BMS is killing everyone

Belfry wins football, Pikeville wins basketball. Same ole same ole
Belfry
Virgie
Millard
Dorton
Pikeville
Ec
Johns Creek
Mullins
Feds Creek
Phelps
Kimper
Being a coach in the county this year, I don't know how it will go...but I guarantee that it will be fun to see how it turns out. I am looking forward to it starting up and taking off. I know that every team in this county has the ability to beat any other team on any given night, and that is what will make this season so fun. i have been hearing of alot of GREAT talent that teams throughout the county has, and that should make this season fun.

But like always, there are some great coaches in the county also. When you thnk about Middle School Basketball the teams to watch for is Pikeville, Virgie, Dorton, Belfry...no order there. But this year, it is looking like no game will be an easy game. I can't wait for it to get started.

I wish every coach and team good luck with their basketball seasons.
If...Then Wrote:Yea that's what we thought about football this year now wasnt it? But BMS is killing everyone

Belfry wins football, Pikeville wins basketball. Same ole same ole

pikeville just won two out the last 10 to 15 years did not know that was the same ole same ole they have had a couple of good teams but this year the county is wide open with belfry the favorite
Lets hear some about these teams.

We(Belfry) have the chance to be extremely good IF we improve as much as we did last year from beginning to end.

We return 5 kids who played significant minutes on the 8th grade team, with good size, 10 kids total who played a ton of minutes in 7th grade, have a new kid who is 6'4" about 220 lbs, and have a few proven 7th graders who could step up.

What about the others?
NEXT Wrote:Lets hear some about these teams.

We(Belfry) have the chance to be extremely good IF we improve as much as we did last year from beginning to end.

We return 5 kids who played significant minutes on the 8th grade team, with good size, 10 kids total who played a ton of minutes in 7th grade, have a new kid who is 6'4" about 220 lbs, and have a few proven 7th graders who could step up.

What about the others?

We (Dorton) return only 2 players who dressed 8th grade last year and both were 6th graders. Only one played significant minutes. We lost 12 8th graders which is monumental for a small school. The varsity is basically an entirely new team this year. We have 8 8th graders, but none have played very much. The 7th grade team finished well below .500 last year, playing basically local games. The expectations are low by most accounts, but these boys play hard and will get better. We will definitely start 2 7th graders, and possibly 3. There will be some down times, but I expect this team to surprise a few teams and people, including themselves.

I look for Belfry and Pikeville to be the top 2 teams, with several other teams a couple of notches below. Belfry should definitely be considered the favorite.
Here at Millard, we should have a pretty good season. I am returning 5 boys who are now 8th graders, and 2 boys 3 boys that are in 7th grade. We have some extremely talented boys returning with lots of experience, along with some very athletic new players. We are pretty excited about this season, and expect to have a good year. Our varsity team will have 8 8th graders and 5 7th graders, and all of them has the potential to play a lot of minutes this season.
I've seen alot of these teams play.I really think the county should go like this---Virgie Belfry Millard Pikeville Elkhorn Dorton Johnscreek Mullins Phelps Fedscreek Kimper
Mullins Middle is better than whats being shown
Pikeville doesn't have the dominating team they have had the past 2 years so i think its anybodies.
i wouldn't put anybody out of the picture of a county title....
Can Pikeville make it 3 county championships in a row??