Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Floyd County Boys
Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated.
Couldn't say it better
I agree. Saying anything negative about a child is very inappropriate. There is more to sports than who is the best. We all want to win and be the best we can. We can do that without talking negative about someone else. Some players are better than others but they are not always the happiest. Some kids are happy being on the team and around their friends. Some kids develop before others. They may not develop until high school. Even if they don't they usually have a good time trying. If the parents will let them be happy about their position on the team then they usually are. How many coaches have had kids say "I just want to be on the team, I don't care if I get in". I have had a few. So, these kids get excercise, improve socially, and generally have fun no matter their talent level. I like to hear about players on this site. But, I know something negative is going to be said soon after. I didn't mean to ramble, but I am tired of the negativity.
cart man Wrote:I agree. Saying anything negative about a child is very inappropriate. There is more to sports than who is the best. We all want to win and be the best we can. We can do that without talking negative about someone else. Some players are better than others but they are not always the happiest. Some kids are happy being on the team and around their friends. Some kids develop before others. They may not develop until high school. Even if they don't they usually have a good time trying. If the parents will let them be happy about their position on the team then they usually are. How many coaches have had kids say "I just want to be on the team, I don't care if I get in". I have had a few. So, these kids get excercise, improve socially, and generally have fun no matter their talent level. I like to hear about players on this site. But, I know something negative is going to be said soon after. I didn't mean to ramble, but I am tired of the negativity.

You didnt ramble. What you said was the absolute truth. Bottom line is, its Middle School not the nba. These kids are hear to win, but at the same time have fun.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:Corey Dillon & Braxton Tibbs should put up some good numbers this year for Allen Elem.

What number are these player?
scbmike1 Wrote:Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated.

YES.
Allen Central Rebels are much improved and will only get better and better this season. So, Watch out BOBCATS.
THE ROOKIE Wrote:What number are these player?

They just got new jerseys today so Dillon is #3 now, but the last few games he was #14... and Tibbs is now #22 and was previously #4 I believe.
Rebel gal Wrote:Allen Central Rebels are much improved and will only get better and better this season. So, Watch out BOBCATS.

If BOBCATS dont get any better (unlikely), AC will still not be a problem..good luck
Rebel gal Wrote:Allen Central Rebels are much improved and will only get better and better this season. So, Watch out BOBCATS.

Why do you keep commenting on the Bobcats? Floyd Co. has alot of talented teams this year. Dont forget SF, Wesley, & Adams. I dont think you need to be warning the Bobcats! Seems to me that they have everything under control. I am sure that all teams will get better and better this season, considering it is just starting.Wink
I agree 100% with you THE ROOKIE...There is alot more games to be played should be fun to watch..and i'm looking forward to it.
Can't wait for the games also, so looking forward to Floyd County Basketball.
corey thornsbury, weston little, and dylan hall from south floyd are all three pretty good players....i dont know the 2 kids name from adams but #23 is a great gaurd and #44 is the biggest hustle player in the county that i have saw so far, only 2 teams i have saw play
LUMBERJACK'06 Wrote:corey thornsbury, weston little, and dylan hall from south floyd are all three pretty good players....i dont know the 2 kids name from adams but #23 is a great gaurd and #44 is the biggest hustle player in the county that i have saw so far, only 2 teams i have saw play

# 23 is Bryson Williams and # 44 is Tyler Keens (7th grade)
canoeman06 Wrote:# 23 is Bryson Williams and # 44 is Tyler Keens (7th grade)

if the Tyler kid has not changed he is a sico path last year he took one of Betsy Layne's kid and through him over his shoulders and did not make the grades the rest of the year....
bob-cater Wrote:if the Tyler kid has not changed he is a sico path last year he took one of Betsy Layne's kid and through him over his shoulders and did not make the grades the rest of the year....

WHAT ????????????? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THIS CHILD ???????? WHAT A STUPID COMMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GROW UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BL has 5 solid players that start - Dylan Hamilton, Tyler Daniels, Chase Hall, Blake Spencer, and Peyton Case. Off their bench Dustin Rogers, Brandon Akers, and Dalton Maldanado.
bob-cater Wrote:if the Tyler kid has not changed he is a sico path last year he took one of Betsy Layne's kid and through him over his shoulders and did not make the grades the rest of the year....
come on dude your talking about a 7th grade child...the kid is really physical ill give you that but i dont think he is out there trying to hurt anyone or nothing, just out there playing as hard as he can. i admire him for his effort....you need to think before you just go off on a KID remember this is middle school sports.

THE MODS SHOULD HAVE ALREADY DELETED THIS POST !!!!!!!!