Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama's worst connection
Saul Alinsky

Alinsky's teachings influenced Barack Obama in his early career as a community organizer on the far South Side of Chicago.[8][9] Working for Gerald Kellman's Developing Communities Project, Obama learned and taught Alinsky's methods for community organizing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky

Some of Saul's teachings.

"Rules for Radicals" begins with an unusual tribute: "From all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins – or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom – Lucifer."

The devil challenged authority and got his own kingdom, and that goes to the heart of what left is really about. That of course is to get power any way you can, including lying, cheating and stealing. The ultimate rule is that the ends justify the means.

Alinsky asserted that he was more concerned with the acquisition of power than anything else: "My aim here is to suggest how to organize for power: how to get it and how to use it." This is not to be done with assistance to the poor, nor even by organizing the poor to demand assistance: "[E]ven if all the low-income parts of our population were organized ... it would not be powerful enough to get significant, basic, needed changes."

Alinsky advises his followers that the poor have no power and that the real target is the middle class: "Organization for action will now and in the decade ahead center upon America's white middle class. That is where the power is. ... Our rebels have contemptuously rejected the values and the way of life of the middle class. They have stigmatized it as materialistic, decadent, bourgeois, degenerate, imperialistic, war-mongering, brutalized and corrupt. They are right; but we must begin from where we are if we are to build power for change, and the power and the people are in the middle class majority."

But that didn't stop Alinsky and his followers from using the middle class for their own purposes. They counted on the guilt and shame of the white middle class to get what they wanted. In order to take over institutions and get power, the middle class had to be convinced that they were somehow lucky winners in "life's lottery."

Alinsky's radicals found a perfect vehicle for their destruction of the American system and more particularly for taking and maintaining power. That instrument was the Democratic Party.

"Obama learned his lesson well. I am proud to see that my father's model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday." --Letter from L. DAVID ALINSKY, son of Neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky

"True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties."

"Barack Obama is also an Alinskyite.... Obama spent years teaching workshops on the Alinsky method. In 1985 he began a four-year stint as a community organizer in Chicago, working for an Alinskyite group called the Developing Communities Project.... Camouflage is key to Alinsky-style organizing. While trying to build coalitions of black churches in Chicago, Obama caught flak for not attending church himself. He became an instant churchgoer."

"A Marxist begins with his prime truth that all evils are caused by the exploitation of the proletariat by the capitalists. From this he logically proceeds to the revolution to end capitalism, then into the third stage of reorganization into a new social order of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and finally the last stage -- the political paradise of communism."

Alinsky's tactics were based, not on Stalin's revolutionary violence, but on the Neo-Marxist strategies of Antonio Gramsci, an Italian Communist. Relying on gradualism, infiltration and the dialectic process rather than a bloody revolution, Gramsci's transformational Marxism was so subtle that few even noticed the deliberate changes.

Like Alinsky, Mikhail Gorbachev followed Gramsci, not Lenin. In fact, Gramsci aroused Stalins's wrath by suggesting that Lenin's revolutionary plan wouldn't work in the West. Instead the primary assault would be on Biblical absolutes and Christian values, which must be crushed as a social force before the new face of Communism could rise and flourish.

Michelle Obama:
"She said, 'Barack stood up that day,' talking about a visit to Chicago neighborhoods, 'and spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about 'The world as it is' and 'The world as it should be…' And, 'All of us driven by a simple belief that the world as it is just won't do – that we have an obligation to, fight for the world as it should be."

Do you wonder who -- or whose values -- should determine what "the world... should be?"
No one cares.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If Obama is Hitler or the anti-christ, I wish he would hurry up and bring about Armageddon or something. All this is getting boring; we need a different source of amusement...
To expand on my previous comment. This election is getting so old. I'm tired of all the crap, mud-slinging, whatever you want to call it.

I'm glad this will all be over in 6 days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It won't be over in 6 days. If Obama wins you better expect rhetoric, everyday for the next 4 years about everything he does. If he loses, well then, we are going to have to hear about racism and bigotry and how he was robbed of the election for the next 4 years.
Beetle01 Wrote:It won't be over in 6 days. If Obama wins you better expect rhetoric, everyday for the next 4 years about everything he does. If he loses, well then, we are going to have to hear about racism and bigotry and how he was robbed of the election for the next 4 years.

Do you have a red dragan and scarlet-robed woman tattoed on you?
At least with rhetoric, I wouldn't be laughing at the prez. anymore.
thecavemaster Wrote:If Obama is Hitler or the anti-christ, I wish he would hurry up and bring about Armageddon or something. All this is getting boring; we need a different source of amusement...

it's coming but i dont think you will call it amusement well wait a min do you have a job? i will keep my freedom, my money and my guns you can keep the change. i had enought change the last 2 1/2 years since the new congress took over.
thecavemaster Wrote:Do you have a red dragan and scarlet-robed woman tattoed on you?

You dont have much of a life do you? why do you have to be a smart *** about everthing do you think that maybe your wrong ?
countryfrist Wrote:You dont have much of a life do you? why do you have to be a smart *** about everthing do you think that maybe your wrong ?

Of course I have a life. People think Obama is the Antichrist or Hitler or something reincarnated. I fight back. If that is being "smart," so be it. If I knew when i was wrong I wouldn't advocate that position. Tell me where you are wrong right now in your opinions. If you can, and won't change, that's one definition of a fool.