Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Classic
Has the pairings for this years tournament been released?
Should be soon, I am curious as well. If anyone has any info let us know! Thanks
Is this being held at Knott County Centrals Morton Combs Complex?
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Nope, being held at the John C. Combs Arena, Perry County Central High school this year. I wonder if Hazard or Perry will drop out because they might have to play each other???? Crazy situation
I think you have to put Hazard and Knott in opposite brackets, they look to be the best 2 teams in the tourney. Would be a better tourney if they had Shelby Valley in there. I'd say the 14th region has the best 4 teams in this tourney, dont know much about Clay Co.
I would not count on either or both making the finals. PCC having home advantage.
Anyone have the teams in it this year?
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Spartan4Life Wrote:Anyone have the teams in it this year?

I saw them posted on another thread a few pages back. If I can find them I will copy them again for you to see. Don't rememver off the top off my head!! Maybe that is a sign of me getting old!!! Sad
East Ridge
Allen Central
Perry Co Central
Letcher Central
Knott Central
Johnson Central
Hazard
Clay County
MVP2 Wrote:East Ridge
Allen Central
Perry Co Central
Letcher Central
Knott Central
Johnson Central
Hazard
Clay County

Thanks MVP2!!!
The tournament bracket will be released in about two weeks.
from the list, im going to say knott.
Here is the schedule and the match-ups!!

Tuesday, Jan. 6th
6:30pm
Letcher Co. Central vs Clay Co.
8:15pm
Perry Co. Central vs East Ridge

Wednesday, Jan. 7th
6:30pm
Knott Co. Central vs Johnson Central
8:15pm
Hazard vs Allen Central

Good luck to all teams!! Should be a great tournament as always!!
I think Clay Co. and Letcher Co. Central could be the best first round game!! Also, the possible semi-final match-ups, if they happen could be great as well. L.C.C./Clay vs Perry Central and Knott Co. vs Hazard!! Should be well worth the admission!!
Wasn't this held at PCC last year? I thought it alternated between Knott Central and PCC?
No, it was held at Knott last season.
This may be one of the better WYMTs in awhile. The top 4 of the 14th along with Clay and Johnson. Some stiff competition in this one.
Bluecat Wrote:This may be one of the better WYMTs in awhile. The top 4 of the 14th along with Clay and Johnson. Some stiff competition in this one.
It would have been a lot stiffer competition if they had invited Corbin from the 13th and Shelby Valley from the 15th. Then it would have been the best ever. And Corbin would have been my pick to take the trophy home. I think the Redhounds have the best team in the mountain WYMT coverage area. However, the best team in the mountains of eastern Kentucky is Elliott County, unfortunately though the Lions are not in the WYMT coverage area and not eligible for this tourney.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:It would have been a lot stiffer competition if they had invited Corbin from the 13th and Shelby Valley from the 15th. Then it would have been the best ever. And Corbin would have been my pick to take the trophy home. I think the Redhounds have the best team in the mountain WYMT coverage area. However, the best team in the mountains of eastern Kentucky is Elliott County, unfortunately though the Lions are not in the WYMT coverage area and not eligible for this tourney.

I agree, add Corbin and Shelby Valley and this tournament would be awesome!! I'm not saying it won't be great anyway, but you know what I mean!! Thanks!
This is shaping up to be one heck of a tournament. I would like to see Perry Central and Hazard in the final if all goes as planned.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:It would have been a lot stiffer competition if they had invited Corbin from the 13th and Shelby Valley from the 15th. Then it would have been the best ever. And Corbin would have been my pick to take the trophy home. I think the Redhounds have the best team in the mountain WYMT coverage area. However, the best team in the mountains of eastern Kentucky is Elliott County, unfortunately though the Lions are not in the WYMT coverage area and not eligible for this tourney.

Corbin and Shelby Valley were invited, but they declined the invite due to other tournaments that they were playing in.
Here are the matchups announced on the WYMT news earlier
First Night
Letcher Co Central vs. Clay Co
Perry Co Central vs. East Ridge
Second Night
Knott Co Central vs. Johnson Central
Hazard vs. Allen Central
I like PCC to win this years WYMT TV's Mountain Classic
FullCount Wrote:Corbin and Shelby Valley were invited, but they declined the invite due to other tournaments that they were playing in.
I didn't know that. Thanks.
It sure would have been nice if those two could have played in it. But it still has a good field of teams.