Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Co. Middle @ McNabb
This will be a very tough road game for the Little Pirates. Play with a lot of heart & grit. You can do it.
Heard Mcnabb really handed the 8th grade their heads last year? Not a very good opener for the Pirates if you ask me.
Boy oh boy! What a game! The Pirates came out on fire. However, McNabb won 63 - 61 in overtime. The Pirates look to be MUCH improved. They "lobbed" the ball around too much. Lazy passing cost them a great game. They looked like UK out there (turnovers). McNabb looked lost. Powell would go up 7 - 8 pts. then turn the ball over 3 - 4 times in a row. I am really impressed with these boys. They should be celebrating today. Oh Well! If they play with the same grit and eliminate silly turnovers, they will be tough to handle.
Two points in overtime to Mcnabb, pretty impressive. Turnovers at that age is really part of the game. Maybe if the coach is any good he can work to get those down some. They must be run n' gun to score 61 points with that many turnovers. Sounds like this years PCMS team will be fun to watch. I have too get out and watch these kids play. Should be more fun than watching the high school team (god bless them). Are they a very deep team, a lot of pressing?
So far, they seem to go about 7 - 8 deep. They didn't press McNabb all that much. McNabb was really quick. Marcum & Townsend seem to be their big scorers.